Oblivion talk:Anvil Recommendation
 Under Leveled Character
Is it possible to do this quest without sleeping? I would rather not have to go to sleep because I play an underleveled character and if I sleep I will level up — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 11:10 on 26 July 2007 (EDT)
- No. 220.127.116.11 11:26, 26 July 2007 (EDT)
- Well, If you are a level 1 at the moment, being a level 2 does not change much. Bluelaser 21:40, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
 no way to take back the room???
im stuck with the room! and i have no previous files, so is there no way to get out of this? i have not said i am a merchant, but i do have the room... — Unsigned comment by Ghost 998 (talk • contribs) at 22:47 on 5 October 2007 (EDT)
- i have the same problem can someone please help :-( !!! — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 15:45 on 22 April 2008 (EDT)
 No Rogue Mage
I have walked along the gold road but I have not been attacked by anyone. I can't find the rogue mage anywhere. Help! Master264 23:32, 16 August 2008 (EDT)
- After you've slept, as you come out of the Brina Cross Inn, turn left and walk along the road. Just before it turns, not far from the inn, you should be attacked by a mage. --Robin Hood (Talk • E-mail • Contribs) 14:51, 22 August 2008 (EDT)
- I had a similar problem. She didn't show up until I was past the road that led off towards k'vatch. Even then, it still took a while for her to show up. And by then, those two mage's guild ppl were nowhere to be found and I had to fight her off myself (and failed). 22.214.171.124 14:39, 23 September 2008 (EDT)
 "Just an hour will suffice at any time of day"
I had to sleep 25 hours before she showed up. >_<126.96.36.199 03:27, 23 September 2008 (EDT)
 Battlemages disappear
Not really a big deal, but they seemed to run off and then just disappear. Carminalda attacked me, and they were nowhere to be found. Shadowmere and an Imperial Legion officer were able to kill her, but I just thought it was worth mentioning. --188.8.131.52 16:31, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- They don't actually disappear until the quest is completed. What probably happened was that they detected a hostile creature or NPC nearby, and ran off to engage that. --Gaebrial 07:12, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
 Ariana and Roliand assaulting Caminalda...
When the "Rouge Mage" approached me, the two battlemages attacked her as they should, but an imperial legion gaurd was also in the area. He helped kill Caminalda, but then killed my two companions. Did they assault Caminalda, and thats why the legion officer attacked them? any ideas?--Arch-Mage Matt 00:42, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
 Unhappy Imperial Guardsman
As I did this quest, there happened to be an Imperial Guardsman on the road right next to an Oblivion Gate, a Flame Atronarch and of course the rogue mage. The guardsman quickly dispatched the Atronarch with my help (I assumed he'd help us law-abiding citizens defeat this angry mage) and moved on to attack my friend the battlemage. As soon as my battlemage friend was dead, he moved on to the rogue mage, killed her, and wandered over to his dead horse. Very strange. 184.108.40.206 13:05, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
- I had a similar occurance. A Xivilai (sic?) turned up and destroyed the patrolling guardsman. And his horse. It was the only time I've seen an Imperial Legion soldier taken out by a Daedra outside of Kvatch, I think Corvus 18:08, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
 Strange Occurrence
As soon as I exited the inn, the battlemages ran off readying their weapons. I ran after them and noticed the rogue mage was fighting a guard and an atronach as well. The battlemages joined the fight and I stepped in to finish off the rogue mage, who I had no dialogue with at all. I immediately got a murder bounty and when I arrived back in anvil I was confronted by a guard for the crime. The quest was completed, but I got the annoying visit by lachance even though i wanted nothing to do with db this playthrough — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 03:39 on 6 August 2010
- That's because she wasn't attacking you; therefore, you had no right to kill her (At least, that's how the game veiwed it). --Arch-Mage MattTalk 03:42, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
 secret chest
If you have the pc version and the console commands, type "tcl", go under the floor and youll find a chest press the command button and type "setownership" open the chest and youll find lots of wines you can sell.
- That's a vendor chest. There are loads of similar chests. They are where traders keep their wares, meaning you can't steal everything from them (unless you use the console). rpeh •T•C•E• 19:03, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
I cannot understand why was my comment about pickpocketing Caminalda deleted? This works and really makes fighting her easier.
 Do not need to actually sleep.
You can simply wait inside your room for the friendly battlemage to show up, you are not required to sleep.
Also, to avoid the high elf battlemage coming into your room and being scolded by the other, just let her confront you right after you tell the publician that you're a travelling merchant, and tell her that you are a travelling merchant. She will no longer follow you up. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 22:29 on 5 March 2011 (UTC)
 Moved Note
- Moved from article
- This quest is the easiest way in the game to get duplicate copies of magic scrolls, as you are given 3 frost shield scrolls.
- My feelings about it are quite obvious since I already removed it, but I will second that it isn't notable. --AKB Talk Contribs 16:39, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
- Agreed. Not notable. JackTurbo95 16:41, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
- Don't promote cheating? You've got entire pages dedicated to glitches, getting 100% chameleon and reverse pickpocketing zero weight items. 22.214.171.124 18:06, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. If you want, you could put your note on that glitch page. --Brf 18:09, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
- The site only shows what is in the game. It doesn't say , "Always Cheat" and stuff. It just shows people things what has happened to them and other people , etc... JackTurbo95 18:18, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
(←) Since the anon came here to defend his note I'll explain in a bit more detail on why this isn't a good note:
1)The glitch in no way requires you to do this quest for it to happen. This makes it fall into the category of notes that apply to a wide variety of things, which means that it is removed for not being notable.
2)There are easier ways to get scrolls, just go to the market district in the IC, to get cheap ones it would maybe cost two-hundred gold. You can get more than enough money to buy the scrolls from the tutorial dungeon.
- The glitches page is largely about telling people to avoid problems that can break their games. Yes, the duplication glitches are on there too, but it's impossible to avoid those given how much coverage they get elsewhere. 100% chameleon isn't a cheat. Reverse-pickpocketing items isn't either. Garlic and poisoned apples were certainly given zero weight in order that you could plant them on people: since the various clothing items were never given a weight in the patches, they can't be called cheating either.
- In any case, it's still an irrelevant note. rpeh •T•C•E• 18:41, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
 Weird Bug.
This has occured in multiple games. There are two parts, both important.
I do everything right (talk to the guild breton, then get the room, then tell the high elf im a merchant, and then sleep to get the popup.) this is without starting the oblivion gates portion of the main quest. The rogue mage will not be hiding; she will stand in the middle of the road and not attack til I talk to her.
The second part is just weird: She is temporarily invincible. Literally, nothing I do registers for quite some time, and then all of a sudden, it works like normal. At level 1 with my Crimson Eviscerator, she took easily 10+ hits after she started combat before anything I did affected her in any way. I dont know why this happens. I have a bunch of mods...But they're the same mods Ive always used, since before she did this. Ive had it configured this way for the past year and never any occurances til just recently. 126.96.36.199 08:00, 26 June 2011 (UTC)
Igo to the rina cross in, talk to the mages guild, rent a room and pose as a travelling merchant. a went to the room and waited for the mages guild mamber and she intructed me on what to do, but every single time i try to sleep in the room i get turned into a vampire, has anyone else had this prolem? what should i do about it?— Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 14:55 on 16 August 2011
 Battlemage's Horse
If,when you go outside the tavern,mount the horse,it will make the two mages attack you. If you try to get down game's stuck on the loading screen of a new place,thus crash the game. Luckily,I had slept to make the time go faster and I got a save.. but watch out. — Unsigned comment by Frizzlecrank (talk • contribs) at 06:42 on 26 May 2012