|Archive 1: 2007 - 2008|
|Archive 2: 2009|
 ebony helm
hello i want a ebony helmit and i'm a level 36 and find more orc helms then ebony so where is a good place to find them?GUM!!! 14:28, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
- You're better off asking this type of question in a forum. ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 21:54, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
ok thanks!but can you tell me if there are any fixed helmits?--GUM!!! 22:19, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
other then umbras be cause i did that quest a long time ago and i think her bodys gone so are there any normal ones?--GUM!!! 22:37, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
ok thanks!--GUM!!! 22:47, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
 Using Shield
I've been looking around at different armors when I came accross the page that states that armor, shield, frost,fire and shock shield go into the armor rating and reduce the amount of damage done. It got me thinking that I'm sick of Daedric, Crusader and Madness armor and I just wanted to wander round with legion armor without worrying about enemies killing me.
So I was wondering that if you enchanted some armor with shield, would it make it on par with the best armors in the game (not taking into account the health of the armor)?— Unsigned comment by SamGhadiali (talk • contribs) at 05:37 on 17 March 2010
- um.. sorry can you rephrash that cause i can't under stand what yur trying to say?--GUM!!! 17:16, 17 March 2010 (UTC)
- Okay lemmie try and put it easily without my ramblings.
- The full Rusty Iron armor has an armor rating of 32.5,
- If you get 3 of the best levelled sigil stones with Shield enchantments (each giving a bonus of 20 armor rating) and enchant 3 pieces of the armor, would it make the armor better than daedric armor? — Unsigned comment by SamGhadiali (talk • contribs) at 00:06 on 18 March 2010
- In a word, yes! Armour is percentage-based, so once you hit 100%, it doesn't matter what you're wearing. You can get 100% armour in regular clothing if you have five pieces enchanted with 20-pt Shields, or four pieces enchanted with 25-pt Fire/Frost/Shock Shield (pure mage characters often do this so they can get 100% magic effectiveness). Of course, enchanting them with whatever form of Shield means they're not available to be enchanted with anything else, so you have to figure out what's most important for your particular character. ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 03:38, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- There is no reason to raise your rating to anything over 85 as that is the highest armor rating in the game. If it were possible to reach 100 then you would not take any damage. Another method is to enchant whatever clothing and then if you have a high enough alteration skill supplement it with a shield spell. There are many ways to do it. So in short, the answer is yes. --Rohndogg1 20:45, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
I learned of the armor cap before I tried this. I decided to enchant leather armor with sigil stones (big mistake seems as they break within seconds of battle at my level) so now am playing with the idea of enchanting clothing instead. Why isn't this included in the shield or armor pages? Normally the pages suggest very usefull tips of everything but this wasn't made clear it would offer sufficient protection. — Unsigned comment by SamGhadiali (talk • contribs) at 10:27 on 24 March 2010
- Probably part of the reason is that it's not technically armor, but at the same time, I can certainly see the relevance of it. If you can find somewhere on the page where it would fit, by all means, add it. ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 03:04, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
- Use permenant enchantments. My mage had 85% armor when naked... LOL [[User Talk:The Wurm|Wurm]] 23:18, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
- After creating two new games and taking shield to the fullest, I dont use armor at all anymore! I would add it myself but this is my first talk page and I wouldnt dare edit an actual page. Also being hard to kill naked sounds like something I have to try....--SamGhadiali 02:02, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
 How long does dropped armor last?
Well, I have obtained, after hard effort [I tried didnt kill anybody] the armor of the Leyawinn guards, but I dont intend on wearing it. Instead, I plan on taking it to the Shivering Isles into my bedroom in the palace [I am a Duke of Mania, so I have that special room where I can store crap] and placing it against the wall. I am worried however, that they might dissapear after a certain period of time.
So, what I am asking in short is how long does dropped armor last for, or does it stay there infinitely? Crvena-Zastava 17.4.2010 [21:46 AEST]
- all player-dropped items will stay where you dropped them forever (unless an NPC wanders by and decides it wants them), even in dungeons etc that otherwise respawn completely every 3 days. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 17 April 2010
- Oh, well that is pretty good. I might also go back to Cyrodil and buy a few houses there [I got a fair bit of money left over from selling stuff] and get some display cases there. I appreciate the help! Crvena-Zastava 17.4.2010 [1:10 AEST]
 Chainmail and Mithril Armor
Alright, well apparently I am supposed to be able to get Chainmail armor by Level 6, and Mithril by Level 10. I am Level 9 now, so how come I have never seen either of them in any way, shape or form? The best Light Armor I cant get is the Shrouded Armor from the Dark Brotherhood, and it breaks really easily so it is relatively useless to me. I want to buy or get Chain Mail armor, or get Mithril a bit early, but I have no clue where to start.
Help? Crvena-Zastava 07:45, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
- You should be able to slay some bandits, highwaymen, or marauders, and "acquire" their armour - which will usually be chainmail at level 9. 22.214.171.124 08:23, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
 Mythic Dawn Armor
Just a question, Is it possible to get Mythic Dawn Armor? At the beginning of the game when you are going through the Jail's Catacombs you can see the Mythic Dawn summon an armor. When they die, the armor dissapears. Certain NPC's actually summon that armor as well. Is there any way to get that armor without modding the game? Is there some kind of spell that summons it like the regular bound spells? If so, where do you get it? IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!TheRPGamer 03:12, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
- There's no way to obtain the spell in-game, but if you're on the PC you can use the Console command
player.addspell 97c1fto add a lesser power that summons the armor and a weapon. rpeh •T•C•E• 08:15, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
Also you can go to the testing hall and in one of the rooms (the one with crates with 1 of every item. (Mylesjackson 16:29, 22 May 2010 (UTC)Mylesjackson)
 Dwarven or Dwemer
Shouldn't the Dwarven Armour be called Dwemer Armour? Golden Eagle
- no because it's called dwarven in-game--GUM!!! 18:27, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- Dwarven and Dwemer are completely interchangable in the ES games, in the same way that Dark Elf could be Dunmer, and High Elves could be Altmer. It's the 'mer' name for the Dwarves, if you like. If I remember correctly, the word 'Dwemer' was used in Morrowind, but the most common in all ES titles has probably been 'Dwarven'.--Admos 09:24, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
 Fur Gauntlets/Bracers
Has anyone other than me noticed two different pairs of fur guantlets? By the same name, They stack with each other, but one is more like a bracer, and the other has claws... The WurmTalk 23:39, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
- Check if the difference is the gender of the person they came from. ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 00:37, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
 wrong values?
are all the values given in this page wrong? I have full daedric armor (with out helmet) and I have a armor rating of 62, 69 if I go the helmet. The page says you can get 75. I have 62 with grand ring of aegis (hich has shield 18%) I think without that I would have a armor rating of 40-45. Why are the values so high? I it the maximum you can get get with enchantments or are they just wrong? --Arny 11:13, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- The values are right. You probably don't have a maxed-out Heavy Armor skill. rpeh •T•C•E• 11:28, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- Then shouldnt the page mention this? --Arny 11:30, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
 Armor vs Shield vs Resist Normal Weapons relationship
Okay sorry but actually I have a bunch of questions that I cannot test for one reason or another: 1-Do you continue to gain armor skill when your armor is at 0 health? 2-If you have 85 Armor Rating, and 15% Resist Normal Weapons, will you be invulnerable? 3-If you block with a sheild, and you have 85 armor rating, will you take no damage?
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1, I don't think the game will let you wear broken equipment. If it does (you're wearing it) then your skill will increase. Two, these effects are factored in at different times, so they together will not make you invulnerable. You will first receive 15% reduction in damage from the RNW and then the armor rating will reduce the resulting calculated damage. And for three, same effect when using a shield. It is mentioned on the Block page that "You block 75% of a hit when using a shield, at Master level skill, 50% if blocking with a weapon. If you block 75% of the damage with a shield, and have an armor rating of 85%, then the actual end damage delivered to your hitpoints is 1*0.25*0.15 = 3.75% of the original hit." Hope this helps. Vesna 01:45, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- Oh ok thanks, yeah I missed that on the block page. Well this definiteley helps. And I'm pretty sure that you can wear broken armor, I remember enchanting a bunch of mid level armor with sheild, and at level 25+ the armor's health depleted very fast, but you could still wear it. Thanks! The WurmTalk 07:06, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
The only armor that you cannot use when broken is the shield. --Rigas Papadopoulos 14:31, 18 September 2010 (UTC)
 Armor location
- It's already there; you can find armor on bandits and marauders, random loot, some is determined by level, and there are also weapons and armor merchants -- Jplatinum16 00:43, 17 July 2010 (UTC)
 Regaining Armor Textures
For some reason, (probably a conflict of mods- which I hate to say) Dwarven Gauntlets, Ebony Helmets, and Chainmail Gauntlets appear with no color, only pure black. Is there any way I can get back the normal colors of these armors? --Arch-Mage MattTalk 22:48, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
I believe it is caused by the extra data that are added by the mods. You added too much mods and because in order for the mods to work the game needed data (space, ID's, call it however you want) so it changed the color of the armor to black because it uses less data. --Rigas Papadopoulos 10:10, 25 September 2010 (UTC)
 Armor breaks really fast?
Allright, my Dunmer wears light armor, Chainmail With a Kvatch Sheild and Curaiss, all enchanted with shock shield to put me up to max AR. Well, I leveled up up quite a bit when I got some training in my major skills, gaining roughly 3 levels, putting me at 12. My Problem is, whenever I get hit, my armor loses 20-50%~ Of its integrity when I take a blow. This has become extremly annoying, especially in Long dungeons like Miscarand. Is this because I have kept the armor so long, A Glitch, or just because I Dont have the Armor Integrety up Perks? Or, should I just kill some bandits and get some Mithril? 126.96.36.199 05:20, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- it's probably because the enemies you're dealing with hit much harder than those that chainmail is meant to deal with, so upgrading to mithril is probably a good idea188.8.131.52 19:46, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
 What about the other armor types?
Of these which are the best?
Legion is equal with Steel and Kvatch is equal to Chainmail. --Rigas Papadopoulos 10:13, 25 September 2010 (UTC)
also blades is slightly better then iron but a little worse then steel 184.108.40.206 00:25, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
 Iron Greaves for female
Is there a missing part of the iron greaves for female characters? In my game it also appears like that. Is it a bug? Sayonara 19:09, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- I've also wondering about that since I saw it at my sister's character. The back part is missing. --Rigas Papadopoulos • Talk • Deeds • 19:13, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
 Any help please?
(moved from archive 2) I completed the main quest at 8 Heartfire, that's when I got the quest "Imperial Dragon Armor". Very nice, bla bla, pick it up in 2 weeks. Well It's 25 heartfire and I still haven't gotten a message or anything. So I went to the armory, broke through the door, and guess what? Nothing. How can I fix this, any ideas? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 15 December 2010
- Wait a bit longer. Sorry, but that's the only likely solution. rpeh •T•C•E• 11:14, 15 December 2010 (UTC)
approximatley what level do the banits and stuff get glass armour cause i8 have seen glass weapons since i was level 13 im level 19 nowon PS3 Jamz slack
- Look on the page under Leveled List Info: it's level 20. Glass weapons appear much earlier, starting at level 12. – Robin Hood↝talk 23:51, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
 Dwarven Armor At Level 6
- Err... yes. The table says you can find dwarven armor at level 6, so that would seem to agree with you. rpeh •T•C•E• 16:51, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
- Most Dremora wear Dremora armor (it looks exactly the same as Daedric armor) lootable daedric armor only starts appearing around level 22 I think? --AKB Talk 22:58, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
 Iron Armor v.s. Blades Armor?
- Blade Armor is slightly better. Please try comparing them in-game or looking up this information yourself, instead of asking an easily answered question here. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 18:41, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
 Wierd Imperial dragon helm
- Realistically there is no reason this should happen. On how it could happen, it could be a multitude of things, but realistically, it is likely mod-related. If it is not, than you have issues with game files, such as meshes or textures, but it still should not cause a complete crash...--DKong27 Talk Cont 15:37, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
ok well thanks anyways.
It could be that the armour is based off what Martin wears during the battle for Bruma and he doesn't wear a helm so it might be that? Am I right or just being an idiot? Also this isn't the guy who asked the question.
 Easy glass
- There are much easier ways of finding glass and daedric armor at level 20 without slaughtering NPCs needlessly. rpeh •T•C•E• 08:40, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
i have been searching all over cryodil i have found nearly every place but i cant find orcish armor or elven or even mithril im only level 10 is it because of my level or is it that there is other places i need to search at? — Unsigned comment by Oblivionking76543 (talk • contribs)
- There should be a few NPCs who always have Elven armour regardless of level (such as him) but I'm not sure about Orcish armour. Kalis Agea 02:55, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
- You shouldn't run into Elven gear on your average mooks until you hit level 15+. At level 10 the leveled lists work in such a way that most enemies will still be using Chainmail/Dwarven equipment. Your best bet at finding Mithril/Orcish gear is to hunt down boss level Bandits and Marauders since they'll have gear that's scaled directly to your level rather than one tier lower.
 Glass Greaves...
I am level 23 now and have full glass armour... EXEPT greaves. I can't find them! Bandits now have the same equipment as me, without enchantments. Nobody has Glass Greaves. Is this a glitch or should I level up more? Count Marius Caro 21:50, 14 May 2011 (UTC)
- Has anyone actually seen this? I hate being at the bottom! — Unsigned comment by Count Marius Caro (talk • contribs) on 16 May 2011
- One thing to remember is that NPCs are equipped based on their level, not the player's. Glass usually comes up at level 20, but if they are leveled at say, -4, they won't have them until player level 24. Also, many of the leveled lists have a chance to not contain anything at all. --DKong27 Talk Cont 20:54, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
 Extra Leather Cuirass?
In my game recently I was on the ship in when I saw i had two items named "Leather Cuirass" with different in menu icons, and different armor ratings (one was at "2" the other at "3", with full durability.) One has a design on the front, the other does not. The one without the design is slightly smaller when equipped than the one without a design. On the one with a design, the stitching goes around it in a circle. On the one without, the stiching forms two vertical lines up.
Why is...all that? I thought it might be gender related, but then why do they have different armor rating? Its confusing, but also important enough to warrant inclusion on this page.18.104.22.168 12:43, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
- The Blackwater Brigands from An Unexpected Voyage wear a slightly different version of the cuirass. We mention that briefly in the notes for the quest, and the cuirass itself can be found here. rpeh •T•C•E• 13:19, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
 Armor rating with no armor?
What is the default armor rating if one is not wearing any armor? Also, when I look at the damage formula and it says the damage done by a weapon is: WeaponRating * ( Fatigue / MaxFatigue + 1 ) / 2 * SneakMultiplier * PowerAttackMultiplier * OpponentArmorRating * OpponentWeaponResistance, does this mean that if my opponent has zero armor, I do zero damage to them?
- If you look on the page of the The Complete Damage Formula, it is all explained very clearly. For example it explicitly states that the armor rating calculation is basically 1 - their armor rating. So the default is 0, giving a modifier of 100% in that section of the formula. --DKong27 Tk Ctr Em 15:32, 6 October 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I noticed that a few minutes after I posted the question... I suppose it pays to read the entire page. Thanks again, and sorry for the inconvenience. 22.214.171.124 15:44, 6 October 2011 (UTC)Nick
 Armor Health values?
How did you find the actual armor health values? I've tried several pages of the tdt command, sdt 9 only shows the percentage left, not the actual value. 126.96.36.199 16:09, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
- Isn't it in the same place the weapon one is? In your journal?--Kiz ·•· Talk ·•· Contribs ·•· Mail ·•· 16:10, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
 Dwarven armor at level 1?
I've just started a new game with an orc. I picked up a nirnroot and travel to skingrad to talk to Sinderion. While i'm there an argonian tells me about a mine to the east. My issue is that when I traveled to this mine on of the goblins had a dwarven shield on them! (Bearing in mind i'm level 1). I checked the UESP page for this mine and it doesn't mention about there always being a dwarven shield so I'm assuming it must be random loot, but how can it be? Anybody know why i've found a super awesome dwarven shield at level 1? — Unsigned comment by Josecarreras (talk • contribs) at 18:13 on November 4, 2011
- Well looking at the page its says: Dwarven shields and Light Iron shields (Chainmail-quality shields) can be found starting at level 1 on tribal Goblin Berserkers. Leather shields and Steel shields are also possible starting at level 1 on either tribal Goblin Berserkers or on tribal Goblin Skirmishers.. --DKong27 Tk Ctr Em 23:25, 4 November 2011 (UTC)
 Easy Chainmail at Level 1
Just thought I'd post this... If you want chainmail armor at an early level, like level 1, do the quest Two Sides of the Coin. You get to kill a guy at the end that has all chainmail except the shield and helm. You can also get a silver longsword. Sorry if this is already mentioned on the quest page, I didn't check it. Lucien LachanceDB 00:47, 30 November 2011 (UTC)