Oblivion talk:Bravil Recommendation
 Locked Door
- Another bug is that Soris' front door will be locked. Possibly due to talking to Kud-Ei even briefly about "Through a Nightmare, Darkly". The workaround for this is to simply pick the lock, get accosted by Soris (who won't throw you out), then go through the dialogs to get the staff. Whether this will result in a bounty on your head for the crime of trespass is uncertain.
Is this really a bug? Soris Arenim locks his front door every night from 10 pm to 8 am, so if you showed up in Talos Plaza district during those hours the door would be locked. Did you actually wait until normal hours to see whether the door became unlocked? --NepheleTalk 23:22, 12 May 2007 (EDT)
 she wont offer a reccomendation
this is the second time this has happened to me so far instead of offering the quest to find the mages staff she just asks about her friend, like, i cant ask about a recommendation — Unsigned comment by Bori85 (talk • contribs)
- As the main article says: "Complete the quest "Through a Nightmare, Darkly", then return to Kud-Ei after the quest is done. The recommendation quest should now be available." –Rpeh•T•C•E• 09:57, 9 February 2008 (EST)
- I can confirm that completing "TaND" doesn't necessarily fix things. I had to plug stages 10 (I think because Kud-Ei wouldn't provide the conversation topic that would get to where she'd give me the scroll) and 20 (because Vamori wouldn't talk about the staff). Stage 30 went O.K. I swiped the staff from Arenim's basement desk and then stage 90 went off O.K. But when I got back to Kud-Ei, she wouldn't say squat about me having the staff (probably the same conversation topic again). Ergo I think it'd be helpful in the "Bugs" section to mention the topic we need to add in addition to the stage we need to be at. (BTW I can assure you I scrolled down.)
 nothing on missing staff
I am also having trouble getting any word of a missing staff! I found Kud-ei's frined, completed the quest. talked to her again, and still not mention of staff, just wanted me to talk to varon v. who I can get to tell me he likes adrene when his disposition is over 65 (via speechcraft) but nothing about the staff! and Kudi, doesn't give me a beguile scroll either!!! help!
- Finding Kud-Ei's friend is nothing to do with the recommendation quest. I suggest you re-read the walkthrough on the article and try to work out where you are. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 00:56, 2 June 2008 (EDT)
- I am sure that I didn't make myself clear in my first question, so to explain:
- in question #2 regarding finding the mages staff, the recommendation quest; you told that person to finish the quest "thought the quests, darkly." and THEN ask Kua-ei about the recommendation staff
- I did this. and returned to Kue-ei and NO MENTION OF STAFF for the recommendation quest. NONE all K. wanted was for me to talk to V. didn't say anything about staff, didn't give me potions nothing. I am assuming this is a bug.
- I have gone though this non quest 3x, trying to make it work. all different ways, no deal.
- I did find someone who suggesteed a way the bug can be fixed. I"ll do with that. ```` — Unsigned comment by Bluwynd (talk • contribs)
What happens if you kill Soris Arenim? 126.96.36.199 16:12, 2 September 2008 (EDT)
- Nothing. Nobody cares, unless your act is witnessed - like any other murder. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 16:18, 2 September 2008 (EDT)
- So there's no rumor? 188.8.131.52 16:38, 2 September 2008 (EDT)
did you try SCROLLING down?
 omfg soris is not thr does tht mean i killed him by accident?
please help me my friend i think he killed soris b4 the quest does tht mean he wont appair or wat? bcus hes no whr to b seen i wnt to my green marker and hes not thr — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 09:23 on 15 January 2011
- If you've killed Soris before, he will not reappear for the quest. If you're using the PC, you can take a look here. Soris' refID is
 Moved note
- Kud-Ei generally has a large number of conversation choices, so you will need to scroll down to see the options for "Varon Vamori" and "Mages Staff". Both of these must be selected to further the recommendation quest.