A discussion that some of the townsfolk have is that they think something sketchy is up at The Oak and Crosier, but I don't see a quest listed for it. Merely suspicious and gossipy townsfolk? Maybe a quest that was removed? --Natpoor 14:06, 10 August 2007 (EDT)
- It's mentioned at Oblivion:Unfinished Quests, with additional discussion at Oblivion Talk:Easter Eggs/Archive 2#Addendum for Oak and Crosier Topic. --NepheleTalk 00:37, 13 August 2007 (EDT)
Can you get a servant?
No, only in the Skingrad house.
 Dying Man?
I just heard this rumor for the first time from Pista Marillin:
"There's a man at the Chorrol Chapel, living in the undercroft. I heard he's dying of something."
Can someone refresh my memory was this a comment on a quest I've already finished?
- Most likely referring to Kellen, one of the NPCs added by the Knights of the Nine expansion. --Dark Spark 23:07, 8 March 2008 (EST)
 City Layouts
Why are all the city page layouts different? Shouldn't they be in the same format? For example, Anvil has a sub section for each area in the town whereas Chorrol does not. This is confusing and I hope somebody could tell me why it is like this. --Matthewest •T•C•E• 04:18, 12 May 2008 (EDT)
- The city pages specific to Oblivion are being transcluded through their respective pages in the Tamriel section of the wiki: expanding the Tamriel version of each city's page will fill in the respective Oblivion version. In order to maintain consistency, I've been expanding those articles using Something_Wicked's original work on the aforementioned Anvil article as a rough template, using the in-game touring guides of Alessia Ottus to set the district sections. —Dark Spark 01:01, 6 July 2008 (EDT)
 Disapearing Buildings
I was in chorrol and i came around the place were mordreyn oreyns house was and all the buildings are gone only the doors are left can anyone help me — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 22 November 2009
- I just had this happen too, for the second time. All the houses southwest of the chapel just disappear. They even disappear from the map. It fixes when I exit to the main menu and reload the save. 184.108.40.206 22:05, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
 Chorrol Statue
Is it just me or does chorrol's statue look exactly like the statue at the Vietnam Memorial 
- It seems to resemble La Pieta more, considering that it only features two people. --GKtalk2me 05:21, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
- Bear in mind that Bethesda's Main Offices were, until recently, close to Washington D.C., where the statue at the Vietnam Memorial, called "The Vietnam Women's Memorial", is located. More than a few locations in The Elder Scrolls series bear more than passing resemblances and references to places and people near Bethesda, Maryland, especially if they've made an influence on a design lead or team member. Also bear in mind that Chorrol's statue features a sword and what appears to be a Corinthian-inspired helm, indicating the wounded man is probably a soldier, which probably means the woman is a healer. Isn't there an "in-game" book that tells the "story behind" the statue or something? Predcon 05:05, 10 March 2011 (UTC)
- I thought it was a memorial to the Battle of Sancre Tor (as written in A Guide to Chorrol : "When you enter the gate, you find yourself in Fountain Gate, before the fine pool and statue of the Saint of Sancre Tor, in memory of all who died in that great battle"). It definitely is a "pietà", even if not Michelangelo's one. 220.127.116.11 21:11, 20 March 2011 (UTC)Landän
 A Naughty Countess
Has anyone else noticed that Countess Valga has a couple of the daedric associated books (the ones with the purple covers) in her room? Is there a dark past about her that is ever spoken of or are we just left to speculate?--Zefiewings 19:24, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
- A lot of people have books like that for example there is Mythic Dawn Commentaries 3 in the Arena, this doesnt mean they have "dark pasts"--Arny 20:28, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
- They could be for study reasons. If you got a book about Vikings should people think you were a Viking? (sorry for the bad example) --Arch-Mage MattTalk 21:01, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
 Chorrol Fame
Everyone in Chorrol loves me, and i have no idea why.
I'm playing a Male Breton spellsword (custom), level 20, personality unchanged or modified by items or spells and stands at 40. I have about 50 fame, having finished the mages guild quest line, most of the Arena line and just starting the Fighters guild line. The fighters guild line is what brought me back to Chorral for the first time since "fingers of the mountain". I haven't gained any infamy either. I have not started the Main quest or even visited Jauffre.
So i'm making my way around Chorral and it strikes me that everyone who comes by says the nicest things. Even dark elves and orcs. So i started doing some disposition checks. All the guards are 100, as well as the Countess and her staff, upon my very first visit to the chambers. The beggars are 100, and i've never given them money or even talked to them before this. The only folks not at 100 were a dark elf at 94 and an orc at 92 (don't have names, sorry). Even the merchant at Fire and Steel likes me (over 90), and i hadn't traded with her.
I checked with guild mates but they seem normal. 100 was to be expected from the mage guild and the fighters guild folks are between 70 and 90, which seems normal.
I haven't done any quests for any of the local people here yet. I was nice to Dar-Ma when she approached me long ago, and i hear she's gone missing since.
I cleared cache (i play goty edition on the xbox) restarted but it's unchanged. I checked with other towns and they are normal to me. guards being about 59-60 towards me, for example.
Anyone else experience this, or can explain this please ?18.104.22.168 02:58, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- The only thing I would consider what has happened is that the mages guild and the Arena quests have boosted your fame. I can't think of anything else. JackTurbo95 19:16, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
 good defense
Why are there so many watch tower, are they full of guard?(Vvardfell 13:23, 19 December 2010 (UTC))
It's just the design.
 Building bug
Sometimes occurs that the buildings in the southwest part of the city will disappear. I don`t know why, but all the people, walls, and houses will disappear. Not only disappear from sight, but also physically. You can see behind the chorrol walls and also go out of the city simply walking through the invisible wall. Only the doors and the ground will remain. If you open theese flying doors you enter in the house normally and it`s all right. But if you exit you will see only a flying door and the shape of the house in the ground. In the map you will see this part of city without the walls and the houses and the other part normal. I`ve all unofficial and official patch installed and i don`t have any mod. A reload of the game is not effective. A game restart should fix this issue, but sometimes the problem will reappear. --22.214.171.124 14:25, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Confirmed in my game as well. If there are more people with this problem, we should make a general note of it on the Chorrol page. 126.96.36.199 12:31, 7 September 2011 (UTC)
- Wow, this just happened to me as well - except I didn't even see any doors, just ground. A huge chunk of the city wall is missing, and before it, a large expanse of ground, all the buildings gone. Reloading didn't fix - quitting (exiting the game completely), then reloading my saved game seemed to fix the issue. 188.8.131.52 04:10, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
 LOTR Reference?
Can anyone else see a minor resemblences between chorrol and minas tirith? They both have trees as their symbol and a central "great" tree.The Great Oak in chorrol and the White tree in minas Tirith.Dragon Born 20:50, 14 June 2011 (UTC)
- There are a lot of towns in the "real world" with great trees and tree symbols too. --Brf 20:58, 14 June 2011 (UTC)
 Arena in Chorrol
Wasn't there supposed to be an Arena designed for Chorrol at some point? RIM 20:32, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
- Yes there is remnants of it still left in the game such as cells named to go with an Arena in Chorrol. And some NPC Schedules involve visiting a Chorrol Arena still. Although lots of these are fixed by the UOP. There was also, seemingly, supposed to be one in Anvil as well. --Kiz ·•· Talk ·•· Contribs ·•· Mail ·•· 20:40, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for answering, I couldn't find anything about it and I was sure I had heard it from somewhere. RIM 21:36, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
 Additional Pictures
I would like to add some more pictures of Chorrol and Weynon. The pictures are created in Camera free flying mode with 1920 x 1200 pixels and highest available graphics. I would like to place these on an extra page because of size & not disturb the existing pages. Today 2011-12-09 I will try to create the new page and place two pictures. I am new to Oblivion Wiki but have lots of knowledge on PC + Graphics; if someone want to contact me please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org Werdur.Weitwald 09:50, 9 December 2011 (UTC)