Oblivion talk:Confront the King
|Archive 1: April 2006 to September 2009|
 The Arch-Mage's robes are not unique.
Traven has the robes as well. If you loot the robes from Traven, you'll have 2 of them after the quest. The hood, however, is unique. 126.96.36.199 15:55, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
- It is unique to the Arch-Mage. There are only two copies, and if you leave them on the body, they will be disabled.--Arch-Mage Matt 17:24, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, I've removed the whole note. First of all, as long as there are two items with the same name then those items are not unique. The hood may be unique (which I really doubt because, unless it had an enchantment, it is exactly the same to the Heretic's hood). Anyway, the main reason I removed it was because it isn't really something beneficial as part of being the Arch-Mage. --S'drassa •T2M 23:05, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
 Concerning: Manimarco and the Staff of Worms
I moved the following two comments from the article until someone can prove either of them to be true. They're beneficial to the quest but I'm not sure whether or not they were just one persons experience or an actual bug.
- "If you escape echo cave and return at a later date, Manimarco is most likely to be gone if you finish the rest of the quest."
Comment Two: "The Staff of Worms cannot be used to resurrect Manimarco"
Jaden 09:50, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
- After another read of them, I don't think the second comment is beneficial to this quest, but it is to the Staff of Worms article. Any response to the first comment?
 Untargetable Manimarco
Someone posted this on Manimarco's discution and i have the same problem:
While fighting against Mannimarco, I came across a strange bug: neither my physical nor magical attacks had any effect on him. They would just go right through his body, as if he were a ghost. Luckily I was equipped with the Escucheon of Chorrol and the Mundane Ring, meaning that both his physical and magical attacks were partially reflected. So he basically killed himself attacking me. But had I not had this items on me, I don't see how I could have defeated him."
But unlike this other player i dont have those items, so if it cant be hit by spells, weapons or summons, how can he be killed!? (by Aria Lliane) — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 8 March 2010
- I have had the same bug, and the only way around it seemed to be to revert to an older save. Another strange thing is that when I defeated Mannimarco with the bug using a Breton & Mundane ring the bone spikes around the area didn't descend after the fight, they stayed where they were. Again this problem was solved by reverting to an older save. --- Masterlocksmith 16:38, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
- I didnt got the bones down either, and no matter how many times i loaded a previous save always had the same bug. The only way i thought to be able to kill him was to lure him into water and 'drown' him. And guess what, it worked :D At the begining he kept going up for breading, but i lured him into the tunel and as he started trying to swim outside i blocked the way, i had the breath underwater spell, im a mage ;). I got the quest done.(Aria Lliane) — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 16:48 on 8 March 2010
- I have a similiar problem. While I can just use console commands to fix it (and I will), I thought I would say something. Whist compiling my max difficulty guide, I went to fight Mannimarco and died... a lot. So I left (didn't reload a save, just backtracked to front door), it should noted that I could damage him. However, when I came back after getting the skull of corruption, he was untargetable. this leads me to believe the problem isn't when you first Echo Cave, but when you enter it period. Grim765 (talk) 16:35, 20 June 2013 (GMT)
 Moved notes
- Another way to defeat Mannimarco is to leave the cave for a few days, return and fight your way back to his underground area. When you confront him he will paralyze you, but the barrier of bones will not rise, leaving you able to jump into the water. Mannimarco should follow you. All you need to do is swim around away from him long enough and he should drown. Then find his body floating in the water and retrieve his items.
- An easy way to kill Mannimarco is to get a reflect spell enchantment. He will cast magic on you and usually kill himself before he kills you.
The first one seems to be a very specific one off trick, the second one is good but should be incorporated into the article as tactics for defeating Mannimarco. --AKB Talk 05:02, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
 Undroppable items?
 arch mages containers
i know i cant use the enchanted chest and the one at the foot of the bed respawns, but what scripts are attached to the nightstand? would it be safe for me to store my stuff in it? (From Fear to Eternity- Eddie The Head 05:08, 21 August 2011 (UTC))
- The scripts are related to the Thieves Guild quest Misdirection. It should be safe to use it for general storage though. rpeh •T•C•E• 10:49, 21 August 2011 (UTC)
- ok and just take it out before doing the quest? (From Fear to Eternity- Eddie The Head 11:07, 21 August 2011 (UTC))
- ok, and ill leave a potion or something in their when i eventually do the quest and see if it stays or goes and let the wiki know (From Fear to Eternity- Eddie The Head 11:21, 21 August 2011 (UTC))
 Kicked out of Mages problem
If you get kicked out of the mages guild while you finish Ambush a bug can happen with Ramulus Polis. Ill give the run down of what happened to me. During Ambush i casted an area effect spell that killed everyone at the start, Falcar necromancers and the three battlemages. When the battlemages died i got the message i was kicked out of the guild. Well i finished Ambush and went to the Arcane University. Ramulus was sitting in the loby so i talked to him and he sent me on the quest to retrieve 20 vampire dust and 20 daedric hearts. As soon as i was done talking to him i went up to the Arch-Mage's room and spoke to him about finishing Ambush. He continued on as normal and when i started Confront the King he sacrificed himself as usual and i went along to kill Mannimarco. When i returned as Arch-Mage Ramulus walked to me in the lobby as if to say his Arch Mage speech. Instead he asked if i had all the ingredients to be let back in to the guild. I said no and tried to leave, well he followed me and when ever he was close enough he asked if i had the ingredients. He followed me all the way to an Oblivion gate, i didnt go inside because i didnt want to break him so i dont know if he would follow me into Oblivion. Well when i finally got all the ingredients he asked me again if i had them and i said yes and handed them over, he then immediately talked to me again and gave his Arch Mage speech.
should this be considered a bug or a note or just a goofy situation that should be avoided, because Ramulus would presumably follow you everywhere you go untill you handed in the ingredients?--Toungennose 03:31, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
- I would add it to the Bugs section of Mages Guild Suspension, since that's likely the root of the problem here, and could affect more quests than just this one. – Robin Hood↝talk 05:29, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
 Worm of Kings
I had Chillrend equipped with no charge left and hit Mannimarco twice with it and he died. How is he suppose to be powerful? His attacks did almost no damage to me and I even let him try and kill me for a while before killing him. — Unsigned comment by SMOKE KILLZ (talk • contribs) at 00:33 on 5 April 2014 (GMT)