Oblivion talk:Console Command Tutorial
|Archive 1: Oct 2006 - Sep 2009|
 Palace guards?
I don't have the computer version, but I hope to get it soon. I was wondering: If You were to use setownership of the imperial palace guards quarters, unlocked it, and went up there, would the guards still attack you on sight? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 22:47 on 13 September 2009
- Yes, because they do not attack you because you are trespassing but because they are hostile(high aggresion). You can use a very strong Charm spell to prevent them from attacking you on sight. Rigas Papadopoulos 16:45, 4 September 2010
 set name
If you click on an item, house, container, etc. and use the setfullname command will it work? 18.104.22.168 18:04, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- It should work for actors at least. Best way to test it is to try it for yourself. --Timenn-<talk> 18:00, 11 October 2009 (UTC)
 Console question
Can you use a console code to make a persons (dead) body stay indefinitely, or untill you decide otherwise? Mikeyboy52 16:32, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure if this works, but I think that you can use the SetQuestObject BaseID # command to tag the body as a quest item, and thus it won't disappear. --S'drassa •T2M 16:38, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
- Reanimating it might cause problems if you use that code. When I have the pc version, I'll be sure to test it, thanks :D Mikeyboy52 17:33, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
 characters that follow you?
in the game there are ceratin characters that follow you wiether it be by quest, guild rank (adoring fan, dark brotherhood assasin), or just to follow you (zombiemixnmatch01) what i want to know is, Is there a console ocommand that can make a character follow you AND if there is and i apply it to a dog will that one dog follow me or will every dog with the same id as him?— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 2 February 2010
- No. Trolls have an ability that constantly regenerates their health (AbTroll, 2 points/second). --Buteogallus 15:33, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
 NPCs as Quest Objects?
I know there are a few NPCs in the game whose bodies will not disappear when they die because they are marked as quest objects. What I was wondering was if there is a way to manually force this onto another NPC? Essentially, there's an NPC I don't want to vanish when they die, and this is the only way I can think of doing that. Thanks.
- Yes, basically using the console to set SetQuestObject 1 on an NPC's BaseID should make the NPC's body to no longer disappear. --Timenn-<talk> 11:39, 12 April 2010 (UTC)
 My funny version of Oblivion game
Hello, even not using the console provides some problems:
- door of the Dark Brotherhood's Sanctuary doesn't open - Forlorn Watchman doesn't want to talk with me - I can't become a vampire - my horses just disappear when I want to stable them
I was reloading, reinstalling etc and always the same. Any ideas? Control comands? Oh and the Oblivion Patch can't be installed it crashes - I do not know why. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 06:48 on 3 October 2010
- You need to use the console to solve these problems:
- For the door use: OK complete A knife in the dark OR Use console command activate a few times.
- The Forlorn Watchman Wait and follow I can't think of anything else.
- If you can't become a vampire then turn off god mode.
- To make your horses reappear use prid then the id then hit enter then use enable.
- Hope that helped! Iancee (talk) 14:16, 3 June 2013 (GMT)
 Unable to re-enable deselected item
The article states that one can enable a deselected item, but it does not say how. When I try enable 1d211 it says it requires a reference. 1d211 is the reference so I don't understand the problem. Someone who knows the command should put it in the article :) 188.8.131.52 21:53, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- You have to select the item first. Use
prid xxxxxxxxto select, then
enable. That's already explained in the Disable section. rpeh •T•C•E• 06:43, 10 November 2010 (UTC)
 Changing Appearance
(moved from Archive 1)
Can I use the console to make my character look like a specific NPC? Specifically, I want my char to look like Dynari Amnis.
 Bat Command
Can you use the Bat command in morrowind? The Bry 18:42, 28 June 2011 (UTC)
 USing bat commands
Im trying to use a bat file in windows seven but when I go to use my bat file that I took like 2 hours to write it says the file cannot be opened. what does that error mean? — Unsigned comment by Liero67 (talk • contribs) at 02:54 on 16 August 2011
- Is it saved as a TXT? If yes, use "bat NAME.txt" where name is the file name. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 19:03 on 21 August 2011
 Somebody didnt test or what? Bat command on other people
I tried for like 10 minutes before it dawned upon me:
You need to use "" to call somebodies ID in a BAT or the Console:
I try to restock some traders with some "more useful" Ingredients, so I wrote a bat with the first line as this: 1d159.additem 7049E 20
Gives me an error, and so everything after it. Inside the game, I tried it also, same result. Just for fun I put in two quotation marks infront and after the ID, and it works:
"1d159".additem 7049E 20
So whoever posted the "adoring fan-money adding" thing, has obviously been so ignorant to not even try out what he posted. So it has to be "AED41".additem F 1 to give the adoring fan 1 Gold coin. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 19:15 on 21 August 2011
 How to become a vampire using the console?
During the quest Darkness Eternal,I accepted Vicente request to turn me into a vampire.After I slept,got a massage saying that Vicente bit me and slept for 6 days and I'm still not a vampire.Help? — Unsigned comment by Kwoon (talk • contribs) at 08:24 on 18 February 2012
- If you look at the article, there's a whole section entitled Vampirism and the Console that explains the process in detail. – Robin Hood↝talk 21:12, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
 SetBarterGold ?
|This has been marked as a question that needs to be answered.|
Hello, is it me or the comand SetBarterGold does not work?
I get Script command "SetBarterGold" not found.
 Not working in GOTY edition
- Note: These do not appear to work in the GOTY Edition.
The above was recently added to the ModPCMiscStat section. I've moved it here pending verification since, as far as I know, the GOTY edition has the same executable as the other editions, so should operate the same way. – Robin Hood↝talk 07:25, 16 September 2012 (GMT)
- I was wondering about this myself. When I was looking at my stats, I noticed that, while I have never stolen anything (aside from two black soul gems for a Mage's Guild quest), my "Items Stolen" is listed as "42". So, apparently, I have added things to my inventory that the game considers to have been stolen by me. I came here to see if I could "fix" that, and tried the console command, ModPcMiscStat. It didn't work for me. I tried it in various incarnations (modpcmiscstat 28 -40, player.modpcmiscstat 28 -40, etc.) until there was nothing left - to my knowledge - to try. I do have the GOTY, so I am wondering, barring PICNIC problems, if this might be the reason. I know I am attaching my comment to an old one; if this is inappropriate, please let me know. Thank you. Bastwren (talk) 18:24, 3 May 2013 (GMT)
 Notes for Apple users
There is an apparent problem with running Oblivion under Parallels Desktop in that the console key (`) works in Windows and in Skyrim but not in Oblivion, probably having something to do with the way DirectX 9 is emulated under Parallels. I've replicated this problem on a Parallels invocation of the native Windows from BootCamp -- run the same installation, unmodified, with native BootCamp boot, and console works, run it in Parallels, and it doesn't. Other than this one problem, Oblivion seems to work wonderfully under Parallels on a modern Macbook, if you give it enough processor resources (as with any 3D game).
A problem ticket is opened with Parallels to work on this problem, and as of 2013-03-04 they have escalated it to higher-level tech support, but it isn't solved yet. I will post an update when it is.
In the meantime, the suggested solution of the Microsoft Keyboard editor worked for me -- ONCE. After restarting Parallels and Windows, it quit working, and I was never able to get it to work again, reason unknown. However, the other option I have suggested (the OBSE mod to change the console key) works flawlessly. This is the solution I recommend for now.
 Text file
- If you run on Windows you can right-click on Windows Explorer and hover over 'New' then 'Text Document'. The file should also be in the same folder as Oblivion.exe. You can put whatever console command there in the file, just like when you open the console ingame. --Quill-Tail (talk) 14:32, 3 June 2013 (GMT)