Oblivion talk:Fort Grief
 Stuck in the Fort
- If you're doing the Caught in the Hunt quest, there are detailed instructions on that page for escaping. Otherwise, try following the maps on the article. --Rpeh•T•C•E• 02:21, 16 November 2007 (EST)
- "Search Kurdan's body for a key to open the gate of the small room to your left as you enter the dungeon, allowing access to a lever which will open up the main exit gate on the outside." Look at the map for Zone 1 of the Fort Grief page and use the key on the door at J. Vesna 01:31, 26 April 2010 (UTC)
 Jump over the walls
Is it possible to jump over the walls at the top to escape if your acrobatics skill is high enough?
220.127.116.11 19:26, 28 March 2008 (EDT)
- Having just tried it with acrobatics, athletics and speed at 255 I'm going to say "No". You can just about jump high enough but seem to hit an invisible wall that prevents you actually escaping. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 10:24, 29 March 2008 (EDT)
 What is "exterior part of fort ruins"
- You cannot fast travel when you are in the exterior part of the fort ruins. Also, while the related quest is active, it is best to avoid using fast travel to get either to or from the fort.
Need clarification what is meant by "exterior". Does that mean the part of the ruins inside the fort but exterior to the dungeon? Or does it mean the island exterior to the fort?
There is a part of the island outside the entrance to the fort between the rusty gate and the place where you dock Kurdan's boat where you cannot fast travel, however if you walk around to the opposite side of the island, you can fast travel. Also, I have not found any reason to avoid using fast travel to get to or from the fort. 18.104.22.168 11:46, 19 May 2008 (EDT)
- The reason to avoid using fast travel is that some of the quest scripts assume that you have used the boat. Therefore, if you fast travel you will miss some necessary quest updates. For example, in the script MS08Script, the quest's stage is increased to 50 only if you are standing near the boat; without that quest update other actions in the quest will not get triggered. --NepheleTalk 13:22, 19 May 2008 (EDT)
 After the Hunt?
Does travel to/from this place get glitchy after the quest? --Debatra 10:56, 15 August 2008 (EDT)
- Fast travelling to the fort after the quest doesn't cause any bugs, but I still recommend using the boat to get there, because fo the minor annoyance of not being able to fast travel on some parts of the island. Legoless 13:38, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
 i'm trapped
ok, Ive done the whole of 'caught in the hunt' quest and i've got the orc guys key (the real one) and now i'm trying to get out using the gate that i used to get in and it plainly and simply says 'this gate is opened elsewhere', now i have been looking the through the dungeon thing 3 times and tryed to get out many times and this is all it says so please could you help me find the way to open this gate— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 19:01 on 28 July 2009
- oh never mind i have found the gate key now, sorry for wasting your time— Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 19:12 on 28 July 2009
I didnt know anything about this place as a quest. I actually stumbled upon it and decided I'd go in and poke around. I never saw any NPC outside the fort, and I'm guessing he gives you a key or something. I didn't need one. I jumped up on a ledge by running around the trim of 2 pillars (tricky tricky) and ended up getting into an area where I needed to slap down a heavily armored orc. Now when I leave the fort, the entire game freezes up retarded like...I can't move, can't pull options menu. All I can do is look around, or pause/save/load.— Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on September 22, 2009
Does anyone know what the D is doing on the map of exterior, or is it just there for no reason? Ponku 21:48, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
 Game crash upon exit
I was on my last quest to get into the Mages Guild when as I exited the Fort Grief "caverns" my game crashed. The world loads, a skull falls from above, my cross-hairs disappear, and I cannot bring up any of my menus except for the pause menu. I can rotate and sneak, but I cant actually move, shoot my arrows, or change weapons. I am playing on a PS3 and really don't want to start all over since I've completed the Shivering Isles among other quests. Any help would be greatly appreciated! — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 00:29 on 13 November 2012