Oblivion talk:Generic Magic Apparel
|Archive 1: July 2006 – December 2009|
 Darksplitter Helmet
The page describes this as an "Orcish Helmet". This is not correct. The item uses the same icon as an Orcish helmet, but it appears as a chainmail helmet when equipped. 126.96.36.199 13:24, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Actually it looks like an Orcish Helmet when equipped on male characters and a Chainmail Helmet when equipped on female characters. The stats, though, are always the same as for a standard Orcish Helmet (weight 9.0; health 600; rating 5.5). It's definitely a bug though, and not one fixed by the UOP. rpeh •T•C•E• 13:43, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
 Clarify Level
Nowhere on the page does it say what e.g. "Level 4 (1)" actually means, which makes having that "detail" fairly useless. - Ali 188.8.131.52 12:51, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
- It took me one click to find the necessary information. I've added a clearer link for those who aren't prepared to look. rpeh •T•C•E• 12:12, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
 Just a quick question
Do enchantment effects work together? For example: if i was wearing a mundane ring (50% magic resistance, reflect spell 35%), and Mankar Camoran's robe (20% spell absorption), would you be completely immune to magic (50% of spells would be resisted, 35% reflected, & 20% absorbed, totaling 105%)? MrSensiBob 22:13, 14 June 2010 (UTC)
- For the most part, the different effects don't stack like that, no. For a quick summary, read this section: Reflect vs Absorb vs Resist. For more details, your best bet is to read the pages for each effect: Reflect Spell, Resist Magic, Spell Absorption. ‒ Robin Hood↝talk 22:34, 14 June 2010 (UTC)
100% fire resistance
I visited Chorrol and wittnessed Eugal Belette, a member of the Mythic Dawn in a fight with a solder, I killed him and took his house keys, went to his house and in the basement, in a small box on a shelf, i found 100% fire resistance ring,
 Mirror Shield
- There are no set locations of this item, it is always randomly generated. Try enemies that use Light Armor, such as Bandits. --DKong27 Talk Cont 17:02, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
 Leveled (enchanted) heavy armor gauntlets?
Hi im looking for the gauntlets of the pugilist because it has more than one effect. Any locations? Been serching this wiki for hours. And i mean level enchanted heavy armor gauntlets on some NPC or anything — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 01:35 on 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but they are random loot only. ~ Dwarfmp 03:56, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- I hope in Skyrim the items won't be so random -_-" — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 04:00 on 24 June 2011 (UTC)
 Lightfoot Boots Are Confused.
I have this item in my game. it is insane. While I should only have 50 lbs of equipment, my Lightfoot Boots are reporting +200 extra pounds...so the game thinks I have 260/300 encumbrance, when its actually 60/300.
 Ring of Vitality
There is a glitch with this ring. It is supposed to protect 100% against disease, poison, and paralysis. It works as such for poison (except items that are crafted to override protections -- such as the "poison apples, etc.). It works for paralysis (wear this ring when you are fighting Spider Daedra and you can ignore those little spiderlings that chomp at your heals). It does NOT work against disease. Must be a programming glitch. Your character can still catch diseases from critter and zombies -- even while wearing the ring and the resulting stats page showing 100% disease resistance. So, the Ring of Vitality is really just a poison and paralysis resistance.
 Rings of Health, Magicka and Vigor
The article says that the Base Ring of Health, Ring of Health, Base Ring of Magicka, Ring of Magicka, Base Ring of Vigor, and Ring of Vigor are available as random merchandise from vendors. I had been looking specifically for a Ring of Magicka for a while, but could not find one anywhere, so I looked around a bit in the Construction Set. To me it seems like these items are not available at all, since its list, "VendorEnchantedClothing", is not used anywhere. Could someone confirm this, since I'm not that good at using the CS. Thanks! 18.104.22.168 18:02, 23 August 2011 (UTC)
- Actually it's used by Rowley Eardwulf, but your point is still a good one. I'll rephrase the note. rpeh •T•C•E• 09:16, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
 Cuirass of Tenacity and Storm Stomper Boots
... I can confirm that these appear as chainmail when worn by female characters though they're otherwise Orcish. 22.214.171.124 07:50, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
 Amulet of Reflection.
Right, I know I've got a base amulet of reflection. But I cannot remember how I got it. I have googled it loads and checked this site, but I cannot find any page on how I got it. Just this page telling me its stats. Now is there only one obtainable through a certain mission, or is it obtainable through random loot. I will stop looking for it if it is the earlier option.
(GoHurtSomething 20:02, 26 October 2011 (UTC))
- It can be found in random leveled loot, which basically means. It could of been in any chest or on any body you found anywhere. There is not 'set' place to find such items. --Kiz ·•· Talk ·•· Contribs ·•· Mail ·•· 20:03, 26 October 2011 (UTC)
 Magic Attire
What level do these amulet's and rings appear at (I know they will be in random loot):
- I believe there's no level required for them to show up in loot ~ Dwarfmp 01:43, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
 Does random magic loot disappear from loot lists after hitting a maximum difference in level?
i.e., is it possible to out-level an item, in effect rendering it impossible to obtain afterwards -- either from generating NPC's with the appropriate level to carry it, or a dungeon chest? — Unsigned comment by Rd (talk • contribs) at 13:52 on 22 August 2012