Oblivion talk:Great Gate
|Archive 1: October 2006 to December 2009|
 Non-stone statue
If I remember correctly, the statue is supposed to look like a stone version of you with the best armor you have. But mine's not stone, it's fully colored. Just looks like a giant version of me wearing Daedric armor.
While I'm here, is it possible to change the equipment your statue is wearing? I had Hatreds Soul and an ugly helmet in my inventory at the time, and I wanted it to be holding my shield and Umbra. --188.8.131.52 23:41, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
When I first saw the statue( I dropped all of my armour and weapons except for the Crusader armour and sword so and equipped all of it) it was coloured. The next time I was in Bruma, it was gray as stone. The next time I was in Bruma it was coloured again.
 Moved from article
- when entering the towers i encountered a glitch in the acension lift thing..i kept falling through the floor.. only way i found to get up was to stand against the wall and continue jumping while the lift was going up.. somehow it just threw me up to the top florr.. go figure.. only other way through for me was to run and jump along the left hand side of the towers till i reached the end and jump over the wall between the war gates to enter the final tower.. only possible with high acrobatics skill as stated before
 torch glicth?
hi! i was just wondering if the torch thing really works and if you really have to have 1000?--GUM!!! 14:27, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- The torch thing happened to me with only 12 torches and a shield equipped (Golden Saint shield). I had the statue wielding the Fork of Horripilation and in Sheogorath's Regalia (complete with the Diadem of Euphoria!), then exited Bruma through the gate beside the statue to go pick up the spoils of the battlefield that I left in order to get the specific statue appearance. Well, my game crashed while I was heading to the battlefield, so I had to reload the save, and instead of the Fork, my statue is holding a torch, and no shield! I'm going to see if the statue will change back without me having to redo the whole quest, because I really don't wanna have to defeat all those hoards of daedra with just the Fork again! Granted, I did use bound weapons spells too, but hey. Don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm playing the PS3 GotY version. 184.108.40.206 21:59, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
i had thornblade and a set of ebony armor minus the shield and only 4 torches in my inventory, no other weapons or armor and it gave me the flaming sword but u can tell its holding a torch too. i cant decide if i like it or not! LOL
 Statue of Bruma page
I noticed that the notes and the other conversations on the talk page had to do with the statue. I think that there is enough information and interest in it to create its own page. That would also remove the large notes section, cleaning this article. On the other hand, I never even noticed this statue (I must hate Bruma ;P ), so I thought that I'd leave this up for discussion. Also, I obviously don't have a screenie for the statue. Another reason for me to not make the page. 220.127.116.11 02:21, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
- There isn't much to say about the statue, and since its appearance is set during this quest, it makes sense to keep everything here. rpeh •T•C•E• 10:52, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
 blackwood ring of slience
If the statue wear blackwood ring of slience will the statue burning?Or does all other crused damage work?(Vvardfell 13:12, 18 October 2010 (UTC))
- Please ask this kind of question in the forums, or simply try it yourself. – Robin Hood↝talk 07:34, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
Where is the great gate at kvatch(Vvardfell 14:10, 23 October 2010 (UTC))
- If you stand where Savlian Matius is and look towards the remaining Oblivion gate, you'll see the spikes from the Great Gate to your left and right. – Robin Hood↝talk 16:53, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
- Who close it(Vvardfell 09:39, 24 October 2010 (UTC))
 Statue glitch
Okay, so i did this quest on my Goty edition which was minimally glitched (sound cutting off mid sentence), but something really disappointing happened to my statue, i had my coolest armor (cant remember what it was, think it was strongly enchanted dwarven called cyrodilic platinum) and My awesome Glass Longsword, but when i went to my statue, it was invisible! spells and arrows could go through it, but i couldn't. i DID have a lesser chameleon robe, but, that is only 10% chameleon. please reply!18.104.22.168 16:45, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
 Moved notes
- There are some weird possibilities with the "Savior of Bruma" statue that appears after this quest. If you open the console, target your statue, and enter the
resurrectcommand, your statue will come alive as a giant version of your character. This "living statue" will make random comments as any other character will when you walk by them, but will be otherwise unremarkable. It has no conversation topics, and will not turn hostile even when attacked, since it does not register damage because it has no health. Once you leave the area and come back, the statue will have returned to its inanimate state and resumed its original pose and position on the pedestal, this time with no weapon in its outstretched hand as its weapon will be sheathed. On a side note, if you type
killinto the console instead of
resurrect, the statue assumes a "death position" in which it will remain until you use the console on it again. As it dies, the weapon/shield in its hands turns into a real object and can be picked up afterwards and used as a real item.
- If you have exploited a permanent enchantment glitch, the statue can end up wearing items with active effects that you no longer possess.
- If you have no shield, more than 1000 torches, and aren't using a two handed weapon when the statue is created, the statue will be holding a torch in its right hand as well as the weapon: if the weapon is large enough, it will hide the torch's branch and it will appear that the weapon itself is flaming.
 Sigil Stone
I had just gotten out of the great gate after closing it, and there was a sigl stone lying on the ground next to it. It said activate, so pressed X and it put a sigil stone in my invintory. This is on the Ps3 version. Is this a bug?--Iamgoofball 00:28, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
 Baurus and Jauffre
- they can survive but the higher your level the higher the chance they die because the enemies level with you (Eddie the head 05:40, 13 July 2011 (UTC))
- Well, simply, they are not scripted to. The game never tells them to, so they don't. As for Lore, there isn't really any reason ever mentioned. Maybe they felt it necessary to stay back and protect Cloud Ruler Temple. Of course it would seem like the Blades would try to protect Martin as much as possible. --DKong27 Tk Ctr Em 22:27, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
 Strange Statue behavior
This happened a little while ago, but I never took the time to post this: My statue in Bruma had been undergoing some strange behavior. One time, it switched from a set of armor, to a robe, then it switched back. Later on, something even weirder happened: The statue itself has now disappeared, the stand floats a few inches off the ground, and its textures and colors are all warped. This was on the Xbox 360, well before I installed any of the expansions or plug-ins. To this day, it has still vanished off the face of Nirn. Anyone else experienced this?
Note: I had been luring Guards towards Skingrad's Summitmist Manor using various methods (long story) when the Statue's behavior started. Bauglir100 22:13, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
 Reseting the statue
On exactly which quest stage was the statue created? I had the Bloodworn helm in my inventory when it was erected and therefore it now appears a little awkard, combined with Sheogorath's Regalia. If perhaps I use setstage, will the statue be set to whatever expensive items I have in my inventory now? Thank you. 22.214.171.124 23:19, 6 May 2012 (UTC)