My Intelligence keeps draining, point by point, without an obvious cause. It's base mark is 91 or 92, but it slowly decreases, and the only way i can put it back up to 91/92 is by visiting a chapel. Unfortunately, i don't know what's causing it, as in the spell effects menu, there is no Drain Intelligence or anything of the sort. Help please! Your Best Buddy, Logiccube 13:26, 7 May 2008 (EDT)
- Your Intelligence is getting Damaged. Damage effects don't normally show up in the active effects menu (e.g., after a creature hits you and damages your health, it doesn't show up as an active effect; your health is just shown in red). To repair damage, you need to restore it. See Options for Healing for more information. --NepheleTalk 13:37, 7 May 2008 (EDT)
- Yeah, thanks, I fugured out why it was. Goddamn Will-O'-The_Wisps! (Swampy Cave fighters guild quest). The reason why the damage kept reappearing is because after I fought one lot of Will's, I went to a chapel and got it cured, only to fight another lot and have it damaged again :P Ty anyway, Ur Best buddy, Logiccube 08:06, 11 May 2008 (EDT)
 Intelligence not leveling up correctly from Level 11 to 12
Looks like a bug as I am at a loss to explain why this is happening...
Have increased Mysticism from 30 to 39, Conjuration from 31 to 33 (Alchemy at 75, no increase)... so I was expecting a full +5 at level up.
When increasing the attributes, it shows only a +2 for Intelligence... I went back to an old save and raised Mysticism and Conjuration to 40 and 34 respectively (expecting it to rise to +3 thinking that somehow I had got the original values of 30 and 31 wrong and that I had miscalculated) but no change still +2. Tried raising Mysticism to 43... still get a level up of +2 for Intelligence.
I went back and changed the amounts for Strength (Blade training) and this attribute did increase.
No idea what is causing it, but I checked for enchanted items, diseases that may be affecting Intelligence or the skills but can find nothing, anyone seen this quirk before?
Since the last level up I completed a couple of quests (Nocturnal & Meridia) but I there is nothing on the pages here in the UESPWiki to suggest any such strange behaviour... hope that it doesn't persist for the rest of the game and that I get the ability to go beyond +2 back!!! (previous levels I have got the full +5 and it is only at 60). — Unsigned comment by Rxl (talk • contribs) on 22 May 2010
- Could you do us a favor and tell us what your major skills are, and what time you could level up? Attribute increase "modifiers" are determined exactly when it tells you to meditate on what you've learned. maybe thats your problem? Mikeyboy52 15:06, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
Does Intelligence affect Alchemy at all? I can't really get a clear answer. --Zander490 19:45, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
- Intelligence has nothing to do with alchemy they are 2 completely different things --Arny 19:47, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
 Add remark about Magicka regen?
Shouldn't we add a remark about how Int indirectly increases magicka-regen? "* Magicka regenerated per second (see Magic OverView)" Andrew Red 09:56, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
- all intelligence does is increase your magicka pool which is already mentioned (From Fear to Eternity- Eddie The Head 10:01, 1 August 2011 (UTC))
- Which, since regeneration is a percentage of mana pool, boosts magicka per second. While primary casters will maximise both ASAP, secondary casters must choose. And this is another case where the logical choice is wrong: Reading the descriptions, I chose willpower for frequent small spells instead of the occasional big spell (mana per sec rather than max mana). Of course, intelligence would have given more MpS :( Andrew Red 10:06, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
- hmm its kinda complicated (or at least it is to me) im not to sure if it should be mentioned (From Fear to Eternity- Eddie The Head 10:17, 2 August 2011 (UTC))
- I'm for it. Perhaps there should be a link to the Willpower page where there is a complete breakdown of regen rates. It even mentions that in some instances increasing intelligence actually increases regen rate more than Willpower. it's all very technical and confusing if you don't have a strong grasp on math concepts. I only barely understand it myself. — Unsigned comment by Reizl (talk • contribs) at 12:35 on September 2, 2011
 Excuse me
- It should, but i'm not 100% sure. (Eddie The Head 09:05, 13 January 2012 (UTC))
Is it normal for my intelligence and willpower to be at 100 and have 200 magicka?18.104.22.168 23:02, 28 July 2012 (UTC)