Oblivion talk:Mathieu Bellamont
- He doesn't really fit anywhere. He has been living in the lighthouse in Anvil but you never get to meet him there; you first encounter him in Applewatch but he can't be said to live there; you finally see him in Bravil, but he can't really be said to live there either. Given that lot, where do you put him? --Rpeh•T•C•E• 02:04, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
- Because he lives in Anvil, it makes him a citizen of Anvil. His article also says his home city is Anvil. Therefore I'd suggest putting him in "Anvil people". Having him in "Bravil people" seems a bit odd to me, as he definitely doesn't belong to Bravil. --Mankar Camoran 08:57, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
maybe because you cant find him anywhere but applewatch and the only city he visits phisically is bravil so he may be a cityzen so that the other bravil guys like him more but its still strange Agente00cuyo 05:03, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
 Removing the Notes?
I was looking at the notes on this article following the recent edit and to be honest I'm not sure any of them should really be here as they're all more suited to quest pages. I didn't want to delete a fairly sizable block of text without discussion though. Would anybody have any objections to them being deleted? —Rpeh•T•C•E• 05:05, 17 December 2007 (EST)
- Second.22.214.171.124 03:40, 17 May 2008 (EDT)Scruffy
- Old discussion, but looking at the current state of play, I'd keep the first and last notes here; the middle three are probably more appropriate for the quest page. --Gaebrial 03:29, 6 August 2008 (EDT)
- I think the 2nd note should stay too, because i tested it and he does have Dialoge for dropping the head. (e.x. he says "Is...is that..a...head..?" and other things) - Lucky the Cat Guy. 04:19, 15 August 2008 (EDT)
- Wouldn't #2 fit better here considering that the head thing has nothing to do with the quest? - Lucky the Cat Guy. 13:49, 19 August 2008 (EDT)
Is it just me, or does his name sound like a not-so-subtle jab at Castlevania? 126.96.36.199 17:21, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
 Jason Voohrees
Just listing the simmilarities between the two characters so the community can decide if it's worth mentioning
- Both men had unhealthy relationships with their mothers
- The mothers of both men were murdered by mutilation
- Both men go on killing sprees.
- They both witnessed their mothers deaths, causing them both to become seriel killers.
- They are both motivated soely by a desire to avenge their mothers.
- They both construct shrines to their mothers, and keep their mothers severed heads nerby
- They both talk to their mothers heads, and seem to be under the impresion that the heads talk back to them.
- They both keep the mutilated bodies of their victims in their basements.
I'm almost certain that Bellamont is a direct cultural reference to Jason. But I'll leave it up to others. Jayden Matthews 12:14, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- I'm pretty certain there is some kind of link between Mathieu Bellamont and Jason Voohrees. --ModderElGrande 13:28, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
 His eyes?
Is Mattieu's eyes red? i think they are, why do you think they are red? do you think maybe he is slightly vampiric?Mor'tar'iit 11:18, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
Oh ok, thanks heaps ^_^ Mor'tar'iit 11:36, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
 Distracting Matt
it may be worth noting here that if you drop his mothers head in applewatch and speak to him before you visit the night mother he will, stammer about the head, and apologise for being distracted. JamesDC99 19:44, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- lol is that true? Arny 19:46, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- Uh, this sounds like a mod...I don't see this In the dialogue.--Corevette789 19:48, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
 Matthew Bellamy
"Mathieu Bellamont may be a pop-culture reference to Matthew Bellamy, the lead guitarist, singer and songwriter for Muse." I've moved this to the talk page for the time being. Personally I don't think it's relevant, but others may feel differently. Thoughts? Jayden Matthews 09:01, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
- No it's not relevant. It's yet another meaningless coincidence. rpeh •T•C•E• 09:20, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
it seems a little wierd, as he is also a Breton, which is similar to Britain, where Matt was born and raised. Even so, there is nothing else anchoring this as a true link, so it is either just coincidental, or a reference to his name itself, and not the person.188.8.131.52 16:29, 7 September 2011 (UTC)
it says in his diary that the pirates laughed at his looks and thats why he killed them so why does it say that they insulted his home. --(Theblack7 14:34, 23 July 2010 (UTC))b
- Quoting the diary, it says "They called me names! They said I was strange, that I was a human rat, living here in the cellar of the lighthouse." So they called his home a rathole. --Arch-Mage MattTalk 17:42, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
It's also most likely because, he is Breton. Breton's are the second shortest race in Oblivion. And they...aren't the best with a Sword or Mace.---Sorry about the late reply, couldn't resist. Shianni 21:49, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
Mathieu Bellamont appears to have been named after Matthew Bellamy, lead vocalist of Muse. i just moved this,verification--GUM!!! 12:24, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
Copied from article:
- His Diary also shows that, he was Lucien's Silencer before becoming a member of the black hand.
The Diary doesn't say anything about Bellamont being Lucian's silencer, only that Lucian introduced him to another Speaker of the Black Hand. Some wonderful news, mother! Advancement at last! Lucien Lachance paid a visit to the Sanctuary today, to talk with me! He told me the Black Hand needed my services. One of the other Speakers is looking to replace his assistant, who was killed fulfilling a contract.
Can we get another opinion of this just in case I missed something? Masterlocksmith 14:14, 20 July 2011 (UTC)
"Eventually, as is the custom, the survivors will consult the Night Mother and seek her guidance. When that day comes, I will be there, ready to punge a blade into that dark whore's fetid heart!"
Is that punge(sic) or should it be corrected? Sniffles 03:15, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- i added a sic tag (Eddie The Head 03:37, 30 September 2011 (UTC))
- - and I changed the quote to something else. Couldn't live with a sic-tag in that spot. --Krusty 05:55, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
What will happen if you reverse pickpocket an enchanted Daedric dagger into this guy before the final encounter? Can he croak the nighty mommy? Sniffles 03:16, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- the night mother is listed as a ghost, she cannot be attacked (Eddie The Head 03:34, 30 September 2011 (UTC))
 Giving himself away
In applewatch, after Mathieu and the Black Hand kill Lechance, when you talk to Mathieu about Lachance he says "The punctures and slashes are almost... poetic" I think this kind of gives him away because he writes a fair bit of poetry in his journal Chris-the-killer 12:53, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Not to mention his reaction to the player dropping his mother's severed head on the farmhouse floor. 184.108.40.206 01:56, 29 October 2011 (UTC)