|Archive 1: May 2008 to October 2009|
- Do you mean this line of dialogue from Kathutet: "You destroyed the Sigil Tower at Ganonah. My kin say you fought well.", and this one: "But you shamed my kin at Ganonah. To bring you into my service... that would also bring me honor."? Remember that Oblivion is a separate plane of existence so "Ganonah" won't be the Dremora name for "Kvatch", but an entirely different place. rpeh •T•C•E• 16:52, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- Or Ganoah is their term for the island of the Oblivion Plane on which the Sigil Tower you destroyed was, not necessarily Kvatch. Vesna 20:56, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Or it could be even less specific and refer to a "country" (Kyn-hold?) in the Deadlands that the island is in or the Deadlands themselves. Definitely a pain if you're trying to make a Deadric Language page.--TheAlbinoOrcany_questions? 21:16, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- I think it means the daedric plane. JackTurbo95 15:53, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
 Fleshy Pod
There is a fleshy pod containing some enchanted weapons at the south-east coast. 22.214.171.124 13:36, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- It's already mentioned on the article, and weapons are only one of a number of random things that might be in it. ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 02:06, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
- If you're on a PC and you know how to use the console SDT 0 and TDT commands, you're looking for Wilderness (0,-3). But assuming you're not: from the entrance to The Flooded Grotto, follow the river south (starts southwest and then turns southeast). Keep following it until the land on your left turns eastwards. There'll be a very small promontory then a slightly larger one. Stand on a rock on the larger one and look north. You'll see it there, just to the right of the tree. ‒ Robin Hood↝Talk 02:52, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
 Entering Forbidden Grotto
Entering the Forbidden Grotto, after putting the Bands of the Chosen, the game bugged many times. I don't know what I did but I finally was able to go through it... I don't know if there's any relation to the bug, but I had Unarmored skill mod v 1.0 enabled. DynV 23:42, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
 Notes: If you have high enough Acrobatics...
"If you have high enough Acrobatics, you can avoid the Forbidden Grotto by jumping over it. This will lead you to the statue of Mehrunes Dagon."
I removed this from the Notes section of the article, as it is not possible (I have attempted it twice). There is an invisible barrier that blocks your path. BrenMan 94 11:31, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
It wouldnt let me do this either theres a barrier thing
I wrote that when I was not a member. That happened with my Imperial who had 253 Acrobatics (No Console, they suddenly became 253 when I completed the Cure for Vampirism. Prior that they were 98. It seems like an one-off Glitch. I had some very weird Glitches with the Imperial. For example, when I took the Armor of Tiber Septim a message poped up saying that I have the Great Welkynd Stone! No unofficial mods). --Rigas Papadopoulos • Talk to me • My work • 10:21, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
i kill the dardeach and pick up the key thing but when i go into my inventory its not there i reload the game and kill him again but the same thing keeps happen anyone know how to fix this? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- First of all; calm down, please. Second, there is no Daedroth, but if you mean Kathuet, he doesn't have a key, he has the Bands of the Chosen. --Arch-Mage MattTalk 05:15, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- Check closely, they're under armor, and should be listed Alphebetically. --Arch-Mage MattTalk 00:36, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
- Then I really don't know, sorry. Are you on the computer? --Arch-Mage MattTalk 17:31, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
no im on xbox and when ever i like break in a house or something and the guards catch me i press pay gold but for some reason it doesnt make me pay the gold and when i press go to jail nothing happens
i had shivering isles then i removed it from my hardware might tht be the reason?
Hey um i was wonderning wat the location code for paradise was because i wanted to teleport there again because i think it looks nice and they have those exotic mana plant things.Kinvalor75 20:16, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- There are several. Paradise01, Paradise02, Paradise03, Paradise04, ParadiseEnd, ParadiseGazebo, ParadiseGrottoEntrance, ParadiseHilltop, ParadiseMiddle, ParadiseMinotaurCaveExterior, ParadisePlayerStart, ParadiseRespawn02, ParadiseRespawn03ParadiseStart. I've not tried using any of those, though. rpeh •T•C•E• 23:42, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
hey if i use coc code to go back to paradise before the quest would that break the game in any way?
- Try it and see, and then tell us what happens. You might discover something interesting! Wordmama 14:01, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
 Orthe's key
So what does Orthe's key really open? I've never run across any locked doors or other items in the Forbidden Grotto that would require it.Wordmama 13:28, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- It opens a gate in the Forbidden Groto. --Rigas Papadopoulos • Talk to me • My work • 13:29, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Where, exactly? I just went through the Forbidden Grotto without picking up the key and got through it and out the other side without hindrance. And I don't see any other doors or passages in the overhead map. Wordmama 14:00, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, I see -- it's between the room where Orthe and company wait and the way out of the grotto. I've never seen that portcullis down before; it seems to raise when Eldamil opens the cage and lets you out, along with a rock blocking off the back part of the room with the cages. I suppose you'd need the key if you killed Eldamil before he had a chance to talk to you, and I haven't done that, which is why I never saw the portcullis. Thanks! --Wordmama 17:36, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
 Martin Frozen
(moved from the article) I seem to have run into a bug where if you wait for an hour or more the portal goes away yet martin is stuck like that saying to go through
I removed and reworded some note's altough i don't think its all finished yet. Also, i'm not known for my good english, meaning i likely screwed up here and there, sorry for that in advance. KrazorM 18:39, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- I did the rest of the stuff. Thanks for the help. --Rigas Papadopoulos • Talk • Deeds • 19:02, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- I found a few useless ones as well and removed them - two of the remaining Notes can even be merged with the walkthrough if needed; the 3rd and 4th notes, specifically. --Krusty 21:14, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
 just noticed
I opened the map when i was in paradise (for no stinking reason) and found that paradise is actually off the coast of Cyrodil, if you go on the map go to anvil near place where you fight umaril (forgot name) go up the coast from anvil until you find a small island. The island is paradise it's near one of the borders that you cannot cross Secret Chief 20:23, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- Try opening your map when you are in an oblivion gate, you will notice that you are still on the world map despite the fact that you are no longer on Nirn. Say I entered the Oblivion gate on an island near The imperial city, the map tells me that I am right next to the imperial city, does that mean the planes of oblivion are right next to The Imperial City? No, no it does not. The exact same is true for Mankar Camoran's Paridise. Alpha Kenny Buddy 21:31, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- actually the island has the exact layouts as in the map on the page Secret Chief 22:11, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- Are you sure you aren't looking at the local map, or it is just a coincidence? Otherwise please upload an image to prove it. Alpha Kenny Buddy 22:20, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
 Alchemy Ingredients
- This is the only place where they grow. You can read about it on its very own page! --DKong27 Talk Cont 22:19, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
 Eldamil dies before removing Bands of the Chosen
Eldamil is killed by Orthe and company before he can help me remove the Bands of the Chosen. I've tried to reload the game several times, and I've also tried to jump over the lava instead of running around to the nest area (it works) and kill Orthe and company before they talk to Eldamil but I can't manage to kill them before they kill Eldamil. What should I do?
 Construction Set Problems
I want to use the portal to paradise in the Construction set, but it doesn't appear when I add it to the cell. I removed the script and everything, but the gate won't appear. Please help. — Unsigned comment by Blunt Muffin (talk • contribs) at 22:21 on 15 February 2011 (UTC)
 Moved notes
- Attempting to sit in Mankar Camoran's Throne will paralyze the player for 3 seconds; it is impossible to actually sit on the throne.
- Anaxes will join the Daedra if he sees you fighting them.
- If you don't want to be the prisoner of Eldamil in the forbidden grotto, you can also continue after talking to him and kill the Dremora guards. In the next area, he will appear again, as he is immortal, so he can free you from the bands.
- Without the Wizard's Tower plug-in, Paradise is the only place where you can find mana bloom plants. The bluish-purple flowers are Lichor. The reddish-purple flowers are Ambrosia. These ingredients are located off the path, and there are tons after the forbidden grotto.
- Paradise contains two boss-level chests. The first is a Fleshy Pod south of Carac Agailor's mountain, on a ledge next to the ocean. The second is on an island east of the main island, which can be accessed by walking along the coast around the island. On the island you will find the Spectral Mud Crab (which carries a couple enchanted items) and a boss-level ayleid reliquary. Finding the loot and killing the crab must be done before you complete the forbidden grotto section as they are unobtainable after resurfacing. The game only allows you to travel so far in any given direction before automatically returning you to where you resurfaced.
A little bit more explanation for this one, I moved these ones because I believe we are currently working on a page for Paradise right? I believe most of these are more relevant there. Feel free to re-add them if you disagree. --AKB Talk 16:51, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
 um help?
If everyone in Paradise is immortal does that mean your character is also immortal? (188.8.131.52 22:49, 14 June 2011 (UTC))
- No. They are not immortal because they are in Paradise, rather they are in Paradise because they died in service of the Mythic Dawn, thus their souls were placed there. --DKong27 Talk Cont 23:10, 14 June 2011 (UTC)
 Beating the boss?
I get to the throne room of Mankor Camoran, and then he will never appear. I can't leave since the doors are all sealed. I've tried and this has happened multiple times. Anyone help? Thanks! — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
- Edit Nevermind... I had to reload; apparently, he never even made it into the dream world! haha! — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk)
I have gone through the forbidden grotto, severl times, and not once have I seen Eldamil.18.104.22.168 04:24, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
 secret area??
I watched a youtube video that said there was an island behind it and on it there was a ghost mudcrab with a chest. I could'nt read anything in game because it was all in german so i don't know if its a mod. I already beat the main quest and i was wondering if anyone could check it out for me?Skylar1146 22:13, 24 July 2011 (UTC)
- I just did it, and I'm on the PS3, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a mod, but maybe you should try it out sometime just to be sure. Kitkat1749 22:33, 24 July 2011 (UTC)
 Major Glitch
My game glitched out pretty baddly... I cast a custom bound armor spell on myself, and was able to unequip the bands of the chosen, and now I can't put them back on, AND eldimir or whatever his name is, died. I'm also on ps3 so can't use console. Any help other than reloading from a previous save? (I can't do that ether) — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 23:53 on 1 October 2011
 mankar in cloud ruler temple...
mankar had been standing around peacefully in cloud ruler temple right next to martin for almost the whole game. i'm playing on ps3 game of the year edition. i never attacked him, because i couldn't figure out what he was doing standing there in the first place. when i got to the paradise quest, martin opened the portal, instead of going through, i attacked and killed mankar (rather easily) and was able to loot his belongings and the amulet of kings. the story advanced as though i had gone through is realm, killed him there, and returned. just want to know if anyone else had the same experience. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 10:48 on 22 February 2012
 The fate of Kathutet and his Kynsmen.
Assuming you didn't kill any of them, what happens to Kathutet, Orthe, Ranyu, and Amkaos after you return to Cloud Ruler Temple after killing Mankar Camoran? They don't seem to have a scripted death like Eldamil and the Camorans, since I actually got Ranyu to follow me all the way into Mankar's throne room, and nothing bad happened to him in the few seconds between Mankar's death and your return to Cloud Ruler Temple.
Now I've tried several times to get Ranyu to follow me back to Cyrodiil: I've used a Command Humanoid spell on him, provoked him into attacking me after killing Mankar Camoran, yielded to him after killing Mankar Camoran, and stuck as close to him as possible as he went back to the (sealed) doorway. Am I to assume that they're all disabled once you leave Paradise, or are they stranded in the Paradise cells forever?
I ask this because I'm trying to find a way to "rescue" them from Paradise (that is, glitch them out). Why would I want to do this? Because not only are they the friendliest (well, the least Aggressive) Dremora in the entire game, but they have the most unique dialogue of all the Dremora NPCs in the game. I just think they're too interesting to go to waste. Bauglir100 04:00, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Sounds impossible. Without looking at the Construction Set, I can't really confirm much, but from what you've tried, it sounds like the way the game transports the player character makes it impossible for them to come along. There's always the console if you're on PC.--Ratwar 04:47, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I have the Xbox 360 version. I was thinking of an alternative: I could maybe rely on the glitch that causes NPCs to appear outside Prisons (If the Dremora aren't disabled upon returning to Cloud Ruler Temple), or perhaps duplicate the Hist Sap (via the Skull of Corruption) and use the item's script effect to transport me to Cyrodiil while in Paradise during certain stages of the Quest, to see if that would make them appear outside Prisons (since a lot of the NPCs affected by this glitch are Quest-related). Unfortunately, I am not that far in the Fighter's Guild quest-line with this particular character, so I can't figure this out myself at the moment. Bauglir100 05:57, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
 Prisoner Cage
Hey I need some help pretty badly. I accidently fell into one of the prisoner cages after i pulled the lever to switch the cages (just to see what it was). I have been unable to get out of the cage, though since the prisoner does not take any damage, I leveled up quite a bit of skills on him. Regardless, I need help. I am on the PS3 and can't open a console. I have tried leveling up my acrobatics, but i hit the ceiling every time I jump. Please help! — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 9 April 2012
- You could reload an earlier save.Otherwise I have no idea of what you should do.--Skyrimplayer 16:37, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
- I'm quite sure there are cheat codes for PS3. If not, try downloading a mod. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 13:52 on 2 March 2013
- I'm quite sure there are no such codes. Also I'm quite sure that mods are PC only. Skyrimplayer's advice of loading an earlier save is probably the only thing you can do unfortunately. --Morrolan (talk) 20:52, 12 April 2013 (GMT)
- I'm quite sure there are cheat codes for PS3. If not, try downloading a mod. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 13:52 on 2 March 2013
 Stuck in Paradise
Im stuck in Paradise with no save outside, someone know a way to teleport back in the game? (On Xbox 360). Any help will be appreciated, after 250 hours on that game, I don't feel to start over to finish the main quest. Thank you — Unsigned comment by KevKGB (talk • contribs) at 17:28 on 9 February 2013
- You have violated the cardinal rule of Oblivion: manually save often. Especially before starting any major quest. Sigh. Unfortunately I don't know what else to tell you... --Morrolan (talk) 20:53, 12 April 2013 (GMT)