Oblivion talk:Stendarr's Mercy
Basically, when I "took on the curse" my Fatigue was not affected. I received all the correct updates in regards to having the curse but there is no change in my fatigue. While I don't believe this to be a bug, I'm wondering if it is something different all together, like possibly your fatigue drops at a quicker rate? So does anyone know what exactly this horribly deadly awful, can't even have children, curse does to you, I'll update if I notice any quirks. Dunmer Level 43. --AlbinoMudcrab 01:05, 3 February 2007 (EST)
- Checking the construction set, it says that the Curse of the Consumed is a 5 point Damage Fatigue effect; the player is given it at the moment that "Lay Hands" is cast on Kellen. Because it's an ability, it probably doesn't make your fatigue appear in red text. I don't have a convenient game save to check the details in game, though. --Nephele 01:55, 9 February 2007 (EST)
I'm not sure, my Fatigue didn't lower at all, I checked before and after doing the quest on a few reloads while noting for the article. Unless it is entirely off the radar altogether, it stayed at the same number and didn't change even when the curse was removed during The Blessing of Talos. I've had the curse for at least ten play hours and haven't noticed even the slightest change for Fatigue. It possibly might make it regenerate slower but it's hardly, if at all, noticeable (if that is even it). I'd like for us to figure out exactly what the deal is so a note or two can be made about it, like using the abundance of Ayelid Wells around Cyrodiil to replace the damaged/lost fatigue until the curse is removed (they last forever and probably would go above and beyond temporarily fixing it). --AlbinoMudcrab 01:22, 10 February 2007 (EST)
- I just finished the quest again because the blacksmith didn't show up last time. Anyways I discovered the curse causes you to loose fatigue while moving so the only way to regenerate is to stand still. It wasn't that big of a deal because I was using spells the whole time but I just thought I should mention it for others. BTW my athletics was only 23 because it was a brand new character :).
Okay Ive finished all the other quests for the Relics thus far... I get to this one... Which was originally my first choice and I get there talk to the 2 priests there they say its Areldur's responsibility. I look around I cant find him anywhere... I find kellan who basically sits on his bed all day yawning... I talk to him about everything then I go back around the gauntlet area to find him... He is no where... I searched all over the Chapel.. nothing... I look around town nothing... I keep coming back doing other quests I cant seem to find him... is this a bug or something cause I really want the Armor... Anyone else have this problem?
So is there really a bug that stops the curse from working or are people just not looking at the right thing? It doesn't actually lower your total fatigue, but it's definitely noticable if you're a melee fighter. 220.127.116.11 03:51, 12 September 2008 (EDT)
 Casting The Spell
We are having a problem with not being able to give the cure to Kellen. On our PS3, we are trying to lay hands on him, we just punch him out, we can't figure out how to cast the spell. There is nothing in the program to tell us how to do this. Anyone able to help us out? 18.104.22.168 23:30, 7 July 2008 (EDT)
- It's a lesser power so it will be towards the top of your list of spells; it's a touch spell so it'll be on the Touch list. The one you want is called "Lay Hands". Then just cast it like any other spell. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 01:21, 8 July 2008 (EDT)
If you punch him you are using the melee attack button not the spellcasting button Corevette789 02:11, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
 Help for Stendarr's Mercy
- (moved from Help talk:Contents#Help for Stendarr's Mercy)
I know I need to talk to areldur, but he isn't there. I've looked everywhere throughout the church and town, and waited for days, but he doesn't exist. I know I haven't killed him, and if he's a quest character he shouldn't be able to be killed anyway. Help?
22.214.171.124 09:36, 28 September 2008 (EDT)Julia
- If you're on the PC you can use the console commands
moveto playerto move him to you (see this for info on working out the xx part). If not... I dunno. He must be around somewhere but shouldn't leave the chapel unless I'm reading his AI wrong. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 11:10, 28 September 2008 (EDT)
On the Xbox 360, I found Areldur walking around Leyawin, near the castle. Was strange to see him so out of place. -Chris
 Stendarrs mercy: kellen
i've done everything up to the part where u go talk to kellen after recieveing the curse but when i talk to him it acts like nothing has changed. what should i do????? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 17 August 2009
- You should only receive the curse after you've talked and dealt with Kellen. When you have the curse you can pick the Gauntlets. If you are referring to the spell "Lay Hands" instead, you need to cast that on Kellen in order for something to happen. --Timenn-<talk> 12:38, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
 Regarding the Bug
I believe the "glitch" mentioned on the page may just be that the user did not use the "Lay Hands" ability granted at the alter. If this is the case, then it does not qualify, but I left it on the page in case some other issue came up (i.e. Kellen didn't react correctly when Lay Hands was used). -Dlarsh(Talk,Contribs) 22:48, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- A glitch may occur when you are at the second last stage of the quest. You must lift the curse from Kellen, but when you speak with him the topic is not available and ultimately never get the curse.
- I decided to move it because it seemed like a one off thing. –Elliot talk 08:55, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
 Curse isn't cleansed
I've completed Stendarr's Mercy by the book: Talked to Areldur about Kellen, got the "Lay Hands" power from the altar, casted it on Kellen, received the curse, picked up the gauntlets, and attempted to dispel it at the Priory of the Nine Chapel (The Blessing of Talos). Though it isn't much of a big deal besides taking up space on the "affecting magic" section or whatever the proper name is I'd like to know the following: a) Is there any other way to get rid of it? I've also tried getting blessings from other working altars and they don't do a thing. b)I'm going after the Sword of the Crusader and have read about the Vlindel's Curse coming from the sword when it hasn't been reconsecrated; I want to know if that curse will remain in the same fashion as the Curse of the Condemned. Five points of fatigue is way easier to overlook than 100% weaknesses in four different aspects. Please let me know what I should do. -Rex Tremendae 06:33, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
- Alright, I'm assuming that since you don't already have the Sword of the Crusader, you haven't gotten to the appropriate quest to have the curse removed. The Blessing of Talos isn't the same as a standard chapel blessing that removes diseases or restores stats, it's actually part of the KotN questline that you won't reach until right before you head off to the final battle. As for the sword, it's re-consecration is the very next step of the quest. This removes the curse if you happened to equip the weapon prior to this. Just keep on trucking and it'll all work out. Dlarsh(Talk,Contribs,E-mail) 07:56, 29 November 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply but thanks alot. It worked out as I went along. Rex Tremendae 04:42, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
I got the Blessing of Talos spell already because I completed that quest BEFORE Stendarr's Mercy, so now I can't remove the curse, how else can I remove it/what was that about equipping the sword to remove it?
- You don't have to talk to him. After you've lifted the curse, you must pick up the gauntlets. The quest is finished once you have done that. Talk Wolok gro-Barok Contributions 19:18, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
 did not get the correct spell
I have looked over and over but I can't find the "Lay Hands" spell from my spell list, I got the point where I should have received it and go cast it on him but I can't find it from my spell list. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- As a lesser power it should be on top, above the other spells. --Wizy (Talk/Contribs) 21:56, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
 Really glitched out
I talked to Areldur and he said the only way to lift the curse is to take it upon yourself. After praying at the altar it says I need to go tell Kellen and it says that Lay Hands has been added. But when I look for it, it's not there. In the lesser area or anywhere. Kellen has nothing new to say to me, Areldur doesn't say his line about me taking it upon myself, and I also cannot pick up the gauntlets. It's as if I never even prayed at it but I did. Any ideas? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 06:52 on 27 May 2012