Factions are organizations vying for control of Tamriel, money, power, or to accomplish any other number of goals. Many factions are joinable, with a variety of benefits for doing so. A player can be a member of multiple factions at the same time.
 Joinable Factions
There are three primary factions in The Elder Scrolls Online.
- Aldmeri Dominion — A powerful empire that rules its territory with an iron fist.
- Daggerfall Covenant — A fairly democratic alliance that uses its military might to secure trade opportunities.
- Ebonheart Pact — An alliance made out of necessity to protect its members from their hostile neighbors.
Besides these alliances, there are a number of lesser factions and guilds that a player can join.
- Dark Brotherhood — A guild made up of assassins and murderers, serving Sithis and the Night Mother. (not present at release)
- Fighters Guild — A mercenary force that performs a variety of services for those who can purchase their services.
- Mages Guild — A guild dedicated to providing a magical education to its members while providing certain services to the public.
- Thieves Guild — A secretive guild dedicated to professional thievery. (not present at release)
 Enemy Factions
- Reachmen — A tribe of hostile Bretons located in the Reach. They have allied themselves with Molag Bal.
 Other Factions
|This Online-related article is a stub. You can help by .|