The journey began on behalf of a village...
...disturbs a struggle millennia old.
A struggle which moves new pawns...
...in the service of ancient powers.
Delfran's Hideout is the underground lair of the bandits who attacked the village of Azra's Crossing. Led by their leader, Delfran, the bandits have imprisoned the village's residents and threatened to kill them.
The area is populated by bandits and their pet rats. Most of the bandits are hostile but there are a couple of exceptions who will leave you alone in exchange for your help.
The chest containing Grell's Letter produces one of two unusual messages when opened, either:
- "A dazzling light shines from the chest, and a pair of ethereal hands rise, touch your shoulder, slides over your shoulder blade, down to your shadow. The hands move around your shadow, feeling, searching... A flash, then hands and light are gone. The chest opens."
- "A dazzling light shines from the chest, then shimmers, pulses... Your shadow twists into sharp shapes, shapes which stab you with searing pain."
The shadow later turns out to be your first contact with Pergan Asuul.
The area contains many low-level weapons and pieces of armor, making it an ideal place to kit out a new character. There is also a pool that replenishes the magicka of any character with magic abilities who bathes in it.
 Related Quests
- Rescue Prisoners: Rescue the prisoners from Delfran's Hideout.
 Miscellaneous Quests
- Disgruntled Thief: Fetch some Bervez Juice for a regretful thief.
- Prisoner Locket: Retrieve a family heirloom for a newly-released prisoner.
- Sergeant Deal: Help an elderly thief make his retirement.