Shivering:A Better Mousetrap
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak with Sheogorath and Haskill.
- Travel to Xedilian and locate the three Focus Crystals.
- Tune and activate the Resonator of Judgment.
- Speak with Kiliban Nyrandil.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Focusing the Crystals
Sheogorath explains that he has chosen you to stop Jyggalag, the Daedric Prince of Order, from executing the Greymarch: an event that befalls the Shivering Isles at the end of every Era. To this end, he tasks you with reactivating Xedilian, a method used to deal with unwanted adventurers prior to the creation of the Gatekeeper. He gives you a Manual of Xedilian and the Attenuator of Judgment in order to tune the Resonator. You can either read the manual or speak to Haskill to learn how to activate it and advance the quest.
Travel to Xedilian, which is located along Pinnacle Road, next to Rotten Den. Upon entering, you will receive a quest update concerning the activation of the "Resonator of Judgment". You must retrieve the three Focus Crystals and place them into their appropriate Judgment Nexuses.
The quest marker will lead you to a room occupied by Grummites. Kill them and retrieve the Focus Crystal from the Grummite Shaman's staff. Open the nearby doors and place the Crystal in its respective Nexus. Repeat this procedure for the second and third Focus Crystals.
 Reactivate the Resonator of Judgment
When all 3 Focus Crystals are in place, make your way to the Resonator of Judgment. It is found in the final room of the second zone and is guarded by a final Grummite Shaman and several other Grummites. Kill them and activate the Resonator using the Attenuator of Judgment.
Following this, the adjacent gates will open, revealing a now active teleportation pad. Activate the pad and you will be transported to another section of Xedilian, where you will be greeted by the Dunmer Kiliban Nyrandil, which will initiate the next quest.
- Sometimes the Grummite Shaman will not spawn. If this happens, wait for the area to respawn and try again.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SE03 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Through the Fringe of Madness||Up: Main Quest||Next: Baiting the Trap|