|Faction(s)||Dementia; Deepwallow Citizen|
Beelei is an Argonian living in the settlement of Deepwallow. She seems to be awfully afraid of the outside, and "Them"... She wears a patchwork shirt, some belted braies and a pair of scruffy shoes. She carries an iron shortsword should she need it as well as her key and a moderate sum of gold.
She lives a rather isolated existence in Deepwallow, but not even close to her neighbor Erver Devani who lives in solitude at all times. She gets out of bed at 8am and then wanders around the house until noon. At that time, she will pay her two neighbors, Erver and Dulphumph gro-Urgash, random visits until 3pm. If anyone but the townsfolk enters the house, she will quickly leave and visit someone else. From 3pm forward, she will stay inside her own house, skipping her meals, until she goes to bed at 10pm.
When you approach Beelei, she will occasionally question your motives for being in Deepwallow: "What are you doing here?" When you first speak to her, she'll say: "I'm Beelei. You... you came from out there? And you survived? Then how do I know you're not one of THEM?" After that, she'll greet you with: "It's awful out there in the world, isn't it? Best to just stay at home, inside... where it's safe." When you end a conversation with her, she will occasionally remind you to be careful: "Stay safe." Her attitude changes when you end order, when she was previously afraid and cautious towards you, she will instead thank you for making the land safer. When she sees you approach she will occasionally happily remark at your presence in Deepwallow: "My Lord! You are here!" When you end a conversation with her she will sometimes thank you for providing protection: "We are safe in your presence, Lord. Thank you."
 Stage-Dependent Dialogue
At different stages in the Main Quest, Beelei will share different rumors with you and other NPCs:
- There's someone new in the Shivering Isles. One more person to worry about.
- The Gatekeeper's been killed. Now we're even more exposed to attack.
- I wish we had a Resonator of something-or-other. We're certainly not safe as it is.
- Will Thadon's Chalice make Deepwallow any safer for me? No? Then I don't care.
- Another round of torture in Crucible? At least if you're in a cell, no one can sneak up on you.
- Someone relit the torch of Arden-Sul. Maybe they'll come here next and save us.
- Power changes hands in Crucible, which means even less stability for the Realm. Just what we needed.
- A new ruler of Mania. It doesn't sound good to me.
- I've always known we're not truly safe in the Isles. Perhaps now more people will listen.
- The Gatekeeper walks once more, but what good does that do me? Who knows what's already inside the Realm.
- What do I care of armies that I never see? They don't ever set foot here, do they? We have to protect ourselves.
- The whole Realm is at risk. Finally everyone can understand what it's like living under a blanket of fear.
- The world didn't end. Today, at least. That doesn't mean we're safe tomorrow. Doesn't really mean we're safe now, either.