- Receive your assignment from Sheogorath.
- Fight in the Battle for Cylarne.
- Light the Flame of Agnon.
Travel to Cylarne and speak with both the Golden Saint and Dark Seducer sentries. You are required to choose whether to help Mania's Golden Saints or Dementia's Dark Seducers to relight the Flame of Agnon.
The basic idea behind the Battle Plans for Cylarne is to position the Dark Seducers in one of either two locations, the Main Passage or the Underdeep and inducing the Golden Saints to attack through one of these locations. Talk to either Ulfri of the Dark Seducers or Kaneh of the Golden Saints. Regardless of whom you choose, both commanders will request that you scout out the other's position. You will soon learn of the Saints' intentions to attack through the Main Passage, and that the Seducers have positioned the bulk of their forces within the Main Passage.
The Seductive PathEdit
No matter which scenario you choose, the Seducers are always on the defense. This gives them the advantage of terrain and the ability to concentrate a large number of Seducers against Saints who will attack in waves rather than a coordinated mass. Therefore the scenarios you choose to favor the Seducers will pit both forces in a head-on confrontation: the Seducers stand in defense exactly where the Saints make their attack.
- The Road of Honesty: Essentially, you let the commanders of both sides carry out their original plans: the Saints attack down the Main Passage, while the Seducers defend that Passage. Inform the Seducer commander Ulfri you choose to side with her, and the Saints will attack as expected.
- The Road of Treachery: The most underhanded of any scenario, you will reposition the Seducers into the Underdeep, then convince the Saints commander that a sneak attack through the Underdeep is the way to go. You will lead the Saints straight into an ambush, where the Seducers can make use of the Underdeep's dart-traps to aid in their slaughter of the Saints.
The Saintly PathEdit
As confident as the Golden Saints may be of their strength, the best means to defeat the Dark Seducers is to take the Altar of Despair with little opposition, then slaughter the Seducers from this unexpected direction. The scenarios you may choose to favor the Saints have them bypass the Seducers' strongpoint of defense and strike them down with a surprise attack.
- The Road of Strategy: You must convince the Golden Saints' commander Kaneh that Mirel's scouting report is true and that the Underdeep has only a token defense. This should provide no trouble in taking the Altar of Despair and defeating the Seducers with a surprise blow from behind.
- The Road of Guile: You will want to place the Seducers out of position, so convince their commander to redeploy her soldiers into the Underdeep to anticipate a surprise attack by the Saints. Then inform the Saints' commander Kaneh to make her attack through the Main Passage as planned. The Main Passage, stripped of its defense, provides the road by which the Saints will launch their surprise attack... just not the exact one that the Seducers were expecting the Saints to make.
- The Road of Courage: The third and most difficult option is to make a straightforward attack against the Seducers in the Main Passage. Tell Kaneh that you're ready to attack now, and you'll accompany the Saints as she executes her plan. It is possible to defeat the Seducers directly, but you will first have to weather some ranged attacks by the Seducers situated above during the opening stage of the battle.
Where All Paths MeetEdit
Once battle is joined, you will be first tasked to kill the opposing commander. After she is slain, assist your chosen army in finishing off the enemy survivors. When the battle is over, the commander of your army will ask you to accompany her to the Altar of Despair. There she will inform you of what is required to light the Flame, and that the Altar of Rapture has already been lit by a subordinate. She will then step into the Altar of Despair and sacrifice herself to ignite the flame. Return to the Cylarne Courtyard, where the Flame of Agnon is now burning. Step into the Brazier to claim the Flame.
Lighting the FlameEdit
Return to New Sheoth and proceed to the Sacellum Arden-Sul. Talk with both priests, Dervenin and Arctus, and choose whether to light the Flame for either Mania or Dementia. Each choice will yield a different reward.
If you choose to light the flame for Mania, Dervenin will reward you with the Raiment of Arden-Sul. The raiment is a clothing item with Resist Paralysis, Shield, Fortify Intelligence and Fortify Willpower enchantments.
If you choose to light the flame for Dementia, Arctus will reward you with the Raiment of Intrigue. This raiment is a clothing item which provides a fortification bonus to Speed, Security, Sneak and Luck.
- Activating the altar once it is lit will bestow a blessing upon you, either the Flame of Mania or Flame of Dementia.
- The Dementia priest, Arctus, claims you that you will be awarded the "Ring of Intrigue" if you light the torch for Dementia. You are in fact given a "Raiment of Intrigue" rather than a ring.
- Upon successfully completing the quest, a trophy of either Ulfri or Kaneh's Helmet will appear in an alcove in Sheogorath's Palace.
- Killing one of the commanders can start the Dark Brotherhood quest line.
- An achievement will be unlocked upon lighting the Great Torch.
|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
Various entries need to be checked
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's .
- The quest may fail to update when Ulfri or Kaneh sacrifice themselves on the altar.
- This can be fixed with the console command
setstage se06 170(if supporting the Golden Saints) or
setstage se06 175(if supporting the Dark Seducers).
- This can be fixed with the console command
- If you attack a Golden Saint or Dark Seducer inside Cylarne, they may pursue you back to Cyrodiil.
- If you fast-travel to New Sheoth after taking the Flame but before the quest updates, the priests at the Sacellum will not have the topic about lighting the Flame for Mania or Dementia.
- Fast-traveling back to Cylarne will trigger the update, allowing the quest to proceed normally.
- Arctus or Dervenin may get stuck outside the gates to the Shivering Isles in Cyrodiil. If this happens, you will be unable to complete their respective quests.
- If you return to Cylarne and step in the fire again after completing the quest, you will be covered in flames that will not disappear.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SE06 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: The Lady of Paranoia or
|Up: Main Quest||Next: The Ritual of Accession|