While speaking to Sheogorath about Jyggalag, a messenger enters the throne room, informing him that the home of either the Dark Seducers or Golden Saints (depending on your choice during the Ritual of Accession) is under attack. The lord of your opposite house has betrayed their own army to the enemy. During conversation with Sheogorath, you can also learn something rather unsettling. Sheogorath has a real split personality: he is Jyggalag. He provides some brief explanation as to the cycle of the Greymarch to better clarify this fact, and then orders you to assist the army that is under attack.
- If you are Duke/Duchess of Mania, you will be assisting the Dark Seducers in Pinnacle Rock.
- If you are Duke/Duchess of Dementia, you will be assisting the Golden Saints in Brellach.
Travel to the appropriate stronghold and speak to the Captain and her entourage, who are awaiting your arrival just outside the gates. The Captain will inform you of their Lord's treachery, the subsequent imprisonment of their commander and the nature of the Wellspring. The remaining Duke/Duchess, either Thadon or Syl, led Knights of Order into the Stronghold and assisted them in capturing the fortress. The Wellspring, the heart of each Stronghold, resurrects the Saints or Seducers should they die. To this end, the Forces of Order have imprisoned their commander and are attempting to halt the flow of the Wellspring.
- If you are Duke/Duchess of Mania, the Dark Seducer Captain Adeo will assist you in locating the Dark Seducer Commander Dylora.
- If you are Duke/Duchess of Dementia, the Golden Saint Captain Issmi will assist you in locating the Golden Saint Commander Staada.
Locate the CommanderEdit
Make your way through the Fort, eliminating any Knights and Priests that cross your path. Both strongholds are linear and essentially the same in terms of layout. Towards the end of the second zone, you will find the Commander imprisoned upon a raised platform, surrounded by four walls of Order Crystals. To free her, activate the Chime, and the Order Crystals will break away. The Commander will thank you, instructing you to escort them to the Wellspring and offering her assistance.
All's Not Well at the WellspringEdit
Continue through the second zone and descend to the third zone, where the Wellspring is located. Unfortunately, shortly after entering, your captain will inform you that the flow of the Wellspring has been halted, before she and the remaining soldiers turn to stone. Leave your petrified entourage and continue alone through the rest of the third and fourth zones.
The Wellspring is heavily defended by Order Forces, and much like Passwall was, has been 'Ordered': tall Order Crystals have entombed the center of the Wellspring. Eliminate the Knights and Priests and ring each of the Chimes in the four corners of the Chamber. The Order Crystal blocking the Wellspring should shatter. Shortly after, you will again be approached by your now reanimated Captain, who will thank you for your assistance and invite you to assist them in killing the remaining Knights.
Finish off the remaining Order Forces and speak again with your Captain. She will grant you the power to summon either a Dark Seducer or a Golden Saint, as well as a suit of armor and helmet, respective to the faction that you have just saved. Return to New Sheoth and report your success to Sheogorath.
- While both Commanders will tell you that stopping up the Wellspring will annihilate them, leaving the fortress after the Wellspring is stopped up reveals all of the Mazken and Aureal outside the strongholds are not affected.
- Although both are flagged as essential, it is possible to gain Staada and Dylora's enchanted swords should they drop them shortly after being petrified.
- The Golden Saint armor you may be given at the end is very heavy, (Minimum weight of 63 for the main armor and 6 for the helm) so before the quest begins, make sure that you are traveling light or have a feather potion if you wish to keep it.
- Upon successfully completing the quest, a trophy Chime of the Wellspring will appear in an alcove in Sheogorath's Palace.
- An achievement will be unlocked upon speaking with Dylora/Staada after restoring the Wellspring.
- The Order Forces inside both Fortresses will respawn, even after the Main Quest has been completed.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.
- If any of the female Mazken or Aureals die during your mission, new male versions will be spawned. However, these males will keep on following you even after the quest is finished, and may also follow you to Cyrodiil; although they will display the "I HAVE NO GREETING!" glitch in that case.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SE10 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.
|Prev: Rebuilding the Gatekeeper||Up: Main Quest||Next: Symbols of Office|