Starting the QuestEdit
Go to the Museum of Oddities in Crucible and talk to the curator, Una Armina. She wants you to collect twelve "Oddities" and bring them back for a finder's fee. She will display them in special cases and you can return to gander at them or 'Take a Tour' of the museum with her, where she will explain what the item is. The items do not have to be obtained in any specific order.
You will be notified when you have found one of the oddities.
Finding the ArtifactsEdit
(see specific articles for details)
|Blind Watcher's Eye||Knotbone Chamber
Knotty Bramble, Lost Crypt zone
Milchar, Nexus zone
|Alchemy ingredient, same effects as standard Watcher's Eye.||200|
|Deformed Swamp Tentacle||SI exterior cell (-11, -16) Pinnacle Rock
, near |
SI exterior cell (-8, -2) , immediately south from outside the Gates of Madness, growing from the wall surrounding the Fringe
SI exterior cell (-8, -3) , right next to the previous one
SI exterior cell (-7, -16) , near Lost Time Camp
SI exterior cell (-15, -2) , just west of the Door to Cyrodiil, outside the Fringe's wall
|Alchemy ingredient, different effects from standard Swamp Tentacle.||180|
|Din's Ashes||Ebrocca Crematorium||200|
|Mute Screaming Maw||Corpserot Prison
Cann, Arena zone
Dunroot Burrow, Bramble Halls zone
|Alchemy ingredient, same effects as standard Screaming Maw||200|
|Pelvis of Pelagius||The Howling Halls, Congregation Chambers, in a locked glass display case. (Cannot be reached before the Symbols of Office quest.)||250|
|Dagger of Friendship||Containers.||Grummite Dagger - Restore Health 10 pts on Strike.||300|
|Hound's Tooth Key||Containers.||Acts like a key, but doesn't unlock anything.||200|
|Mixing Bowl||Containers.||Acts like an apprentice level mortar and pestle.||250|
|Ring of Disrobing||Containers.||Removes all of the equipment the player is wearing.||0/235*|
|Sheogorath-Shaped Amber||Amber limbs or stumps. Rotten Den, Swampgas Hole, Milchar or Knotbone Juncture are good places to look.||300|
|Soul Tomato||Containers.||Acts like a grand soul gem.||350|
* See Bugs section.
Collecting Your FeesEdit
Return to the museum and speak again with Una Armina about 'Oddities' to get your reward. She will only accept and pay the Finders Fee for one of each object, though.
- Check the wares list of Dumag gro-Bonk in The Missing Pauldron, sometimes The Soul Tomato, Two-Headed Coin, Mixing Bowl, Hound's Tooth Key, Ring of Disrobing and Dagger of Friendship can be found on it
- When looking for The Deformed Swamp Tentacles and Mute Screaming Maws, they are both labeled as such before you pick them up, and so there's no need to search through the normal versions of these plants when you're looking for the oddity. The Blind Watcher's Eye plant, however, is just called a Watcher's Eye.
- While many of these items can be found randomly in chests, urns, coffins, tree stumps, and on defeated enemies, the chance of finding one of these items is small (1-2% chance), although multiples of these items can be obtained.
- Una will not accept duplicates of items she already has, and so you cannot give or sell to her any multiples you may have.
- Finding the random-container-oddities can be very tedious. Since you are not guaranteed to find a new oddity every time you come across one, do not be surprised if it takes multiple hours to find all of them.
- Common places to find the random items are Rotten Den, The Howling Halls, Ebrocca, Dire Warren and Milchar. The large clusters of coffins in Rotten Den and Ebrocca are especially good places to search, since each individual coffin has a chance of containing an oddity.
- Una will also accept stolen oddities, including the three original oddities in the Museum: the Ring of Desiccation, the Pygmy Skull and the Gatekeeper's Arm.
- All of these items, or the ones she already has in the museum, can be stolen back from the museum and "re-donated" although you don't get any extra money for it.
- After stealing back your oddities, feel free to ask Una for a museum tour. She will then proceed to blunder around the now empty museum, wondering aloud where everything has gone, saying that "things have a way of disappearing around here" along the way. Sometimes she will make multiple circuits of the museum.
- The Ring of Desiccation may also be given to Una at the museum if you reacquire it from Ahjazda after The Coming Storm quest, but you will not be paid for it.
- Una comments that she would like one of Ushnar's old dogs, however even though you receive one from Ushnar after completing his quest, she does not offer to take it from you.
- The Ring of Disrobing is not marked as a quest item and does not have any enchantment attached to it - therefore, you are able to enchant it yourself, eradicating the script attached to the ring and making it no longer acceptable by Una.
- If you donate the Sheogorath Shaped Amber after finishing the main Shivering Isles quest, Una will talk about how it looks just like you.
- If you go on the museum tour, she will have different dialogue about it. "And now one of my favorite items. A lump of amber, in the shape of your head My Lord! And a very popular item, if I may be so bold."
- If you have stolen any of the original three Oddities in the museum (Ring of Desiccation, Pygmy Skull and/or Gatekeeper's Arm) and not given them back, or given them back but Una Armina has not yet placed them back in the museum, do not ask for a tour of the museum. Doing so will cause a bug: if she has one of the items, she will never place it back in its proper location; if you haven't returned an item, you will never be able to do so (it will no longer appear in dialog as an Oddity that can be given back). This can interfere with The Coming Storm quest if you need the Ring of Desiccation and it's stuck in Una's inventory.
- To fix the Pygmy Skull:
set SE38.ItemA to 2
- To fix the Gatekeeper's Arm:
set SE38.ItemB to 2
- To fix the Ring of Desiccation:
set SE38.ItemC to 2
- and Una should then place the object properly.
- The Ring of Disrobing is the only oddity for which Una does not give you a gold reward. This seems to be a minor programming oversight.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.
- None of the found oddities whose names indicate different appearances actually look different. (the "two-headed" Septim, "deformed" swamp tentacle, hound's tooth "key" and "Sheogorath-shaped" amber all appear exactly the same as their normal counterparts).
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.
- Sheogorath-Shaped Amber appears randomly and only in non-respawning containers. If you are unlucky, you may never find it and thus be unable to complete the quest.
- This issue has been addressed by the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch; it adds a small percentage of finding it on elder gnarls, which do respawn.
- You can steal the Oddities standing in front of Una's eyes and she will never call the guards or consider it as a crime. This is caused by a script attached to Oddities - when you activate them, it causes the script to give you a copy of this Oddity and disable the one you've just activated, so you don't actually pick them up.
- Occasionally, when giving a tour to Ushnar, Una will say that every last item has been stolen even though they haven't been and are in their correct locations.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SE38 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.