Quick Walkthrough
- Listen to Jyggalag.
- Talk to Haskill.
 Detailed Walkthrough
After defeating Jyggalag, a ghostly manifestation of his head will appear and recite a solemn monologue concerning the history of the Realm of Madness, the cycle of the Greymarch and the relationship between Sheogorath and Jyggalag. Defeated, Jyggalag appoints you to fill the vacant Throne of Madness, and departs for the voids of Oblivion, taking the forces of Order with him.
Return to the Palace and speak with Haskill concerning the rewards, benefits and duties of your new station.
Congratulations Madgod: you have completed the Shivering Isles' Main Quest!
- All of the Obelisks of Order, which produce Knights of Order, are deactivated.
- You are granted access to the Court Healer, who can restore 100 points to all your attributes, 500 points to your Health and Magicka and who can cure diseases and poisons.
- Haskill will grant you the Manipulate Weather greater power and the Sheogorath's Protection Lesser Power.
- Golden Saint and Dark Seducer escorts will be available to accompany you. They can be found flanking Sheogorath's Throne. Neither escort will follow you back to Cyrodiil - Haskill indicates that all rewards of your new station only function in the Shivering Isles.
- Haskill will inform you when settlements are under attack. You will have the choice of either sending the guards or defending the settlement yourself. Once the attack has been subdued, you will be awarded a leveled amount of gold. You will receive a higher quantity if you defend the settlement personally. These events can be repeated indefinitely.
- Attacks will only be reported if you ask Haskill while you are within the Palace. Summoning Haskill outside the Palace will always result in an "All is peaceful" response, unless an attack is already in progress.
- All settlements within the Isles are attacked by monsters, but if an attack is occurring on the Gates of Madness, then the invaders will be bandits.
- You may request "entertainment" in the form of a dancer. This is purely an aesthetic effect and has no bearing on game play.
- The Sword of Jyggalag will appear on the podium behind the throne.
- Sheogorath's regalia will appear on the Throne. The regalia is a suit of enchanted clothing that provides a constant fortification to your Personality, Luck and Speechcraft.
- You may recharge the Staff of Sheogorath in the Font of Madness.
- If you are arrested, the guards will respond in a courteous manner, even if you opt to resist arrest (although they will still try to kill you). Additionally, you will be presented with a 'Go with guard' option rather than a 'Dungeon' option. If chosen, the arresting guard will escort you outside New Sheoth. If you do not speak with the guards again, you can continue the game as normal.
- If you haven't yet completed the related quest, you will now have the ability to understand Bolwing, the male Bosmer living in Crucible who seemed to speak in gibberish until now.
- You gain the ability to move the flame in the Sacellum Arden-Sul to either the Mania or Dementia brazier.
Given your new rank, there's a fair amount of reasonably expected cleanup which does not happen.
- Citizens will complain about you trespassing in their homes.
- Brellach and Pinnacle Rock are not restored.
- For the fortress that you did not visit, you are still denied access.
- For the fortress that you did visit, the guards will not respawn and dead bodies still litter the hallways. Knights and Priests of Order respawn in the fortress, thus providing an ongoing source for Hearts of Order.
- If you became the Duke/Duchess of Dementia, the Greenmote Silo is still off-limits. You will receive a bounty if you are seen, and taking ingredients from the cave plants still counts as stealing.
- Additionally, you will not be able to access the chambers of the Duke/Duchess you didn't replace, as the doors leading to the respective house will be locked. You may obtain the key by killing the other Duke/Duchess during the Roots of Madness quest, but entering the house will still be considered as trespassing.
- The Wrye Shivering and Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch mods fix most of these problems.
- In the Construction Set, there is an NPC called "Juggler", whose editor id of
SE14Juggler suggests that she was to be an extra reward. She does not appear in the game, however.
- After completing your transformation into Sheogorath, people from the Isles will begin to address you as "Lord", "Madgod", and similar terms.
- The escort dialogue is rather bugged. The Dark Seducer lacks a "No" option to dismiss her (you can only instruct her to wait). In addition, the "No" option for the Golden Saint will dismiss the Golden Saint and the Dark Seducer, even if the Dark Seducer is not escorting you. The escorts will also not fast travel with you. They will travel on foot and will generally reach your location within 5-10 minutes of normal play.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.
- The fast travel bug is NOT fixed by default in the patch. You have to enable this bug fix after installing the patch by typing "startquest usip" in the console and clicking the option to enable the fast travel fix (see USIP Changelog).
- The Sword of Jyggalag may not appear immediately after Jyggalag's defeat until the player has left and re-entered the Palace, but for some players it doesn't appear then either. If this occurs, try leaving the area for at least 73 game hours so that the cell resets. However, don't leave the Sword sitting around in the open for too long, as Haskill very occasionally has been known to pick it up. If this happens, without access to the command console it will be impossible to get back as Haskill can't be hit, pickpocketed, attacked by NPCs or have spells cast on him.
 Journal Entries
|The Prince of Madness (SE14)
||Jyggalag has spoken to me and told me the Greymarch is ended and the forces of Order have retreated. Haskill will likely know how I should proceed.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SE14 stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.