- Listen to Jyggalag's parting speech.
- Talk to Haskill to receive your rewards.
After defeating Jyggalag, a ghostly manifestation of his head will appear and recite a solemn monologue concerning the history of the Realm of Madness, the cycle of the Greymarch and the relationship between Sheogorath and Jyggalag. Defeated, Jyggalag appoints you to fill the vacant Throne of Madness, and departs for the voids of Oblivion, taking the forces of Order with him.
Return to the Palace and speak with Haskill concerning the rewards, benefits and duties of your new station.
Congratulations Madgod: you have completed the Shivering Isles' Main Quest!
- All of the Obelisks of Order, which produce Knights of Order, are deactivated. Forces of Order will no longer appear in the Isles.
- Citizens of the realm will address you as "Lord Sheogorath" or "Madgod", and mention how honored they are to be speaking to you or ask for your blessing.
- If you haven't obtained Big Head's Charm, you will now be able to understand Bolwing, the male Bosmer living in Crucible who normally seems to speak gibberish.
- Settlements around the realm will periodically come under attack. Haskill will inform you when this happens, and offer the choice of sending a contingent of guards to defend the settlement, or teleport you to the settlement to defend it yourself. Once the attack has been quelled, Haskill will award a leveled amount of gold. A greater reward will be received if you defend the settlement personally.
- Attacks will only occur if Haskill is asked about the matter within Sheogorath's Palace. Summoning Haskill outside the Palace will always result in an "All is peaceful" response, unless an attack is already in progress.
- Only monsters will attack settlements, while only bandits will invade the Gates of Madness.
- The Flame of Agnon in the Sacellum Arden-Sul can be moved to either the Mania or Dementia brazier, and the decorations and sermons in the Sacellum will be changed accordingly.
- Guards who attempt to arrest you will now do so in a courteous manner, claiming that there is a disturbance and that it would be best to leave. When choosing to fight the guards, they will claim that it's an honor to face you in combat. It's no longer possible to be incarcerated in the dungeons, as a new option, 'Go With Guard', replaces that choice.
Given your new station as Lord Sheogorath, there's some reasonably expected cleanup which does not occur.
- Brellach or Pinnacle Rock will still have dead bodies littering the halls and the guards are not replaced. Knights and Priests of Order continue to respawn, providing an ongoing source of Hearts of Order. The opposite stronghold still cannot be accessed however.
- If you became the Duke/Duchess of Dementia, the Greenmote Silo is still off-limits. You will receive a bounty if you are seen, and taking ingredients from sources in the cave still counts as stealing.
- The private quarters of the Duke or Duchess you didn't replace still cannot be accessed, as the doors leading to the respective house will be locked. You may obtain the key by killing the other Duke/Duchess during the Roots of Madness quest, but entering the house will still be considered as trespassing.
- Golden Saints and Dark Seducers are intended to salute you as you approach, although this can never be seen due to a bug. Golden Saints would have straightened up and raised their fist to their chest, while Dark Seducers would push their chest out and raise their fists up to their sides.
- The Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch mod fixes most of these problems.
- You will still be denied access to the Golden Saint or Dark Seducer fortress that you did not visit during the main quest. The guards will have new dialogue when greeting them: "Lord, you know that Brellach/Pinnacle Rock is ours and ours alone. You may not enter."
- In the Construction Set, there is an NPC "Juggler", whose editor id of
SE14Juggler suggests that she was to be an additional entertainer. She is incomplete and does not appear in the game, however.
The broken Golden Saint salute
- Golden Saints and Dark Seducers do not properly salute the player as they are supposed to due to conflicting condition checks. The conditions are set to check if the guard is greeting an NPC and a player character, which is impossible.
- The Dark Seducer escort lacks an option to dismiss her (you can only instruct her to wait). In addition, the dismiss option for the Golden Saint escort will dismiss both the Golden Saint escort and the Dark Seducer escort, even if the Dark Seducer is not escorting you.
- The Golden Saint and Dark Seducer escorts will not fast travel with the player. They will travel on foot and will generally reach your location within 5-10 minutes of normal play
- The Sword of Jyggalag may not appear immediately after Jyggalag's defeat until the player has left and re-entered the Palace, but for some players it doesn't appear then either. If this occurs, try leaving the area for at least 73 game hours so that the cell resets. However, don't leave the Sword sitting around in the open for too long, as Haskill very occasionally has been known to pick it up. If this happens, without access to the command console it will be impossible to get back as Haskill can't be hit, pickpocketed, attacked by NPCs or have spells cast on him.
|The Prince of Madness (SE14)
||Jyggalag has spoken to me and told me the Greymarch is ended and the forces of Order have retreated. Haskill will likely know how I should proceed.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SE14 stage, where
stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.