|# of Zones||2|
(3 Grummite Shamans)
Knights of Order
|1 boss-level Chest
1 boss-level Urn
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Southeast of The Fringe, along Pinnacle Road|
Xedilian consists of a series of testing chambers which are designed to ensure that only worthy adventurers are able to enter the Isles. Described as "a marvel of engineering", it is disguised as a ruin full of treasure to entice greedy adventurers, who are initially lured in by a "Siren's Call"; a sort of device deep within that attracts them from the outside. Since the Gatekeeper of the Fringe was constructed, Xedilian fell in disrepair.
 Related Quests
- A Better Mousetrap: Activate the Resonator of Judgment.
- Baiting the Trap: Decide the fate of some greedy new adventurers in the Isles.
- While you can access Xedilian before the related quests, you will not be able to proceed further than the first room.
- A test zone related to this ruin didn't make it into the game. The console code "XPXedilian03" represents a tiny zone without walls that doesn't link to anything else.
- The teleport pads at G in the second zone are never used.
- This ruin contains 3 Flame Stalk plants and 31 Withering Moon plants.
- For more information on Xedilian, see the Lore article and the Manual of Xedilian.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: SEWorld 2, -9
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Xedilian (editor name XedilianMapMarker). The entrance door is ESE of the marker, 130 feet away.
- 2 Grummites (Dementia) are near the entrance
- 1 Chest (Wilderness; non-respawning) is near the entrance
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 8 Black Tar plants, 7 Blister Pod plants, 2 Putrid Gigantea plants, 12 Fungus Stalk plants, 3 Grummite Egg Mound plants, 3 Letifer Orca Planta plants, 9 Swamp Tentacle plants, and 7 Mushroom Tree Sapling plants
 Zone 1: Xedilian
You will initially enter Xedilian during the related quest in order to reactivate the Resonator of Judgement located in the second zone. The dungeon is fairly linear, so reaching door F, which leads to the Halls of Judgement, shouldn't present any problems other than the occasional grummite.
In the second room you enter, kill the shaman (A) to retrieve the focus crystal attached to his staff and place it in the nexus at M. Activating the press block in the statue at L will cause the ground to open up underneath you - the fall damage is minimal and you will find yourself near two unfortunate grummites (N). Repeat the above process when you encounter a second shaman at A; this time placing the crystal in the nexus at O. Be sure to check out the boss-level chest (B) nearby. In the next room, retrieve the flawless topaz atop the small platform and go through door F to access the next level.
Once you return to this zone in the following quest, you will teleport to pad I to find Kiliban Nyrandil (J) waiting for you. The chamber below you now sports a dwarf gnarl. Once you activate the "Chamber of the Gnarl", use the pad at C to arrive at D. The afore-empty platform now houses a cage filled with piles of septims. Once you are done, use the pad at H to teleport to the final room in the next level. After you have completed your mission, you will arrive at E from the second zone. Here is a chest containing the spoils of the unlucky adventurers, in particular Dawnfang/Duskfang. Three Knights of Order will proceed to attack you as soon as you make for the exit.
Once you completed Baiting the Trap, you can re-enter Xedilian. The first room is now full of obelisks and locked gates prevent you from either accessing the teleport pad at E or from reaching the next room. In a room to the left are any of the adventurers you spared in the previous quest - although some iron bars prevent you from reaching them.
- Kiliban Nyrandil (non-respawning) at J
- 2 Grummite Shamans (each carries a Crystal Staff) at locations A on map
- 8 Grummites (Dementia)
- 4 Grummites (Dementia; group list)
- 3 Knights of Order
- 1 boss-level Chest (Grummite variety) at location B on map
- 4 Chests (3 locked)
- 1 Recovery Chest (non-respawning; locked, says 'key required' but there is no key)
- 6 Urns (Healing)
- The other following items will always be found: 1 Flawless Topaz
- The following plants will always be found: 31 Withering Moon plants
- 2 Hunger Statues (The projectile fired from this statue barely does any damage (1pts)) at locations K on map
- 1 Trapped Floor trap at L
Doors and Gates:
- There are eight doors in/out of this zone
- 1 Judgment Nexus at location M on map
- 1 Judgment Nexus at O
- 2 Dead Grummites at N
 Zone 2: Xedilian, Halls of Judgment
Your objective in this level is the Resonator of Judgement at N. Like the first zone, this one is fairly straight-forward. In the first room you will find another grummite shaman (A) and the nexus (P) where you should place the retrieved focus crystal. In the next room don't miss the boss chest (B) on the ledge to the left; a decent Acrobatics may be necessary, as well as using the brazier nearby for support. After slaying the final grummite shaman (J) and his minions, activate the resonator to open up a teleport pad, I which leads you to Kiliban Nyrandil.
During the next quest, you will re-enter this zone via the pad at H and will choose the fate of Grommok gro-Barak. In the meantime, the room underneath you has filled up with carcasses (O). Once your mission is complete, you can head back to the first zone by activating pad E or explore the adjacent rooms. These are Kiliban's private quarters, and you will find various books, chests and a double bed (b).
- 1 Grummite Shaman (carries a Crystal Staff) at location A on map
- 1 Grummite Shaman (does not have a Crystal Staff) at J
- 5 Grummites (Dementia)
- 4 Grummites (Dementia; group list)
- 1 boss-level Urn (Grummite variety) at location B on map
- 4 Chests (2 locked)
- 1 Cupboard (non-respawning)
- 7 Urns (Healing)
- The following books will always be found: 1 An Elytra's Life, 3 Fall of Vitharn, 1 From Frog to Man, 2 Guide to New Sheoth, 2 Heretical Thoughts, 1 Myths of Sheogorath, 1 Saints and Seducers, 1 The Living Woods, 2 The Prophet Arden-Sul, 1 Wabbajack, and 1 Zealotry
- The following ingredients will always be found: 1 Grummite Eggs
- The following plants will always be found: 3 Flame Stalk plants
- Some of the above items are clustered at the following locations:
- At K: 1 An Elytra's Life, 2 Fall of Vitharn, 2 Guide to New Sheoth, 1 Heretical Thoughts, 1 Myths of Sheogorath, 1 Saints and Seducers, 1 The Living Woods, 1 The Prophet Arden-Sul, and 1 Zealotry
- At L: 1 Cupboard (non-respawning), 1 Grummite Eggs, 1 Urn (Healing), and 1 From Frog to Man
- At M: 1 Urn (Healing), 1 Fall of Vitharn, 1 Heretical Thoughts, 1 The Prophet Arden-Sul, and 1 Wabbajack
Doors and Gates:
- There are five doors (at I, G, H, E, and F) in/out of this zone, all leading to the zone Xedilian
- 1 The Resonator of Judgment at N
- 5 Decomposed Corpses at O
- 1 Judgment Nexus at location P on map
- 1 bed at b