(Click on any item for details)
Enchanting description: Absorb <mag> points of health.
Absorb Health (a.k.a. Drain Health) transfers <mag> points of Health from the target to the person wielding the weapon. On the target, the effect is comparable to Damage Health; on the attacker, the effect is comparable to Restore Health.
The following items use this effect. You can learn how to enchant custom items with Absorb Health if you find one of the following items and disenchant it:
- All weapons of Absorption
- All weapons of Consuming
- All weapons of Devouring
- All weapons of Leeching
- All weapons of the Vampire
- Blade of Woe
- Drainblood Battleaxe
- Gauldur Blackblade
Artifacts and unique items that use the effect but cannot be disenchanted include:
- In Skyrim, there appears to be no distinction between "Drain Health" and "Absorb Health". Ravage Health replaces the "Drain Health" effect from previous games.
- For those enchanting for profit, absorb health provides the third most lucrative weapon enchantment in the game, behind only Paralysis which is number two and Banish which is the most profitable. Absorb Health is the most lucrative weapon enchantment that is available at the beginning of the game.
- Combining Absorb Health with Frost Damage will result in fewer charges than the enchanting altar indicates. The magnitude of problem gets worse when fortify enchanting potions are used.
 See Also
Other effects that alter your health include:
Other absorb effects are: