|Location||Bleakwind Basin, Blackreach, Blizzard Rest, Broken Limb Camp, Cradlecrush Rock, Guldun Rock, Red Road Pass, Secunda's Kiss, Sleeping Tree Cave, Steamcrag Camp, Stonehill Bluff, Talking Stone Camp, Tumble Arch Pass|
|Giant's Toe; various leveled items; leveled gold|
Giants are enormous humanoids with a primitive, albeit very artistic, culture. They are very territorial, and will raise a club above their head and shake it at you if you walk too close to their camps. If you continue to approach they will stomp on the ground and become hostile. Giants are normally seen herding mammoths; if you hurt their mammoths or threaten them in any way, the giants will attack. Without provocation, giants are passive creatures.
An effective way to combat giants is to use frost spells, or to use weapons enchanted with frost damage or coated with poisons of slow. Giant attacks should be avoided as they can usually kill you outright even if blocked. It is also recommended to avoid passing within sight of other giants and mammoths when you are in combat with one of them, as they are quick to aid their own kind.
Various groups of NPCs have been known to attack giants that have strayed too close to the road.
Occasionally, you may encounter a giant leading a cow painted with symbols along one of Skyrim's roads. These giants will only turn hostile if directly attacked.
Giants have one line of dialogue: "Ayarg garag gar!", and it is untranslatable.
- Every time a giant uses a power attack with its club and the attack kills the targeted opponent, the unfortunate victim will be sent flying hundreds of feet into the air, from where much of the surrounding landscape can be seen. This affects all entities, including you.
- Giants refuse to enter water, and will walk away when you enter a body of water.
- Giants do not level up with you, but instead have their level set at 32. In contrast, most dragons in the game level up with you. Because of this, a giant can easily win a fight against a dragon when you are at low levels, and you can take advantage of this by leading a dragon to a giant to be killed. On the other hand, when battling a dragon in the open be careful not to get too close to giants or mammoths during the fight, since the giants will attack you as if the dragon were not there.
- It is possible to loot a giant's treasure chest right in front of them, as long as you don't stay near them long enough to turn them hostile.
- Frost giants are added with the Dawnguard plug-in.
- Giants can appear three different ways, each way having different animal hides and furs on their bodies.
- The giant encountered at Pelagia Farm is slightly different from other giants. This giant has different health and only carries the unlootable club.