Skyrim:The Ragged Flagon
|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.|
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|Bartender||Vekel the Man|
|Extra Merchants†||Syndus, Herluin Lothaire, Arnskar Ember-Master, Vanryth Gatharian|
|Available||24 hrs/day every day|
|Sells||See Standard Merchandise|
|Buys||Innkeeper (Food, Raw Food)|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Grindstones||2|
|# of Workbenches||1|
The Ragged Flagon is an inn that is part of the Thieves Guild's headquarters.
It is located within Riften's old sewer network and can be accessed through the Ratway. After joining the Thieves Guild, quicker access becomes available through the headquarters's secret entrance, which opens from Riften directly into The Ragged Flagon - Cistern. When the secret entrance is locked later in the Thieves Guild quest line, access to the bar is still possible through the Ratway.
|The Ragged Flagon|
 Related Quests
- A Cornered Rat: Locate Esbern.
- Drowned Sorrows: Find Isabelle, Ranmir's lost love.
- Imitation Amnesty: Help get a convicted prisoner released from jail.
- Loud and Clear: Send a message to a former Thieves Guild client.
- Meet the Family: Speak with some of the members of the Thieves Guild and pick up your gear.
- No Stone Unturned: Find the 24 gems to restore the Crown of Barenziah.
- Silver Lining: Recover a stolen silver mold for a silversmith.
- Summerset Shadows: Remove a rival guild from the picture.
- SurgeryDG: Change your appearance.
- Taking Care of Business: Help Brynjolf collect some debts for the Thieves Guild.
- The Dainty Sload: Frame a ship's captain to get revenge for a jilted merchant.
- The Litany of Larceny: Find items for Delvin Mallory throughout the questline.
- The Pursuit: Break into Mercer Frey's house and search for clues.
- The Silence Has Been Broken: Meet Amaund Motierre inside Volunruud and learn who he wants assassinated.
- Toying With The Dead: Retrieve a necromancer's journals for an interested buyer.
- Under New Management: Become the Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild.
 The Ragged Flagon
The first time you enter it will be after navigating the Ratway. Upon entering you will be in one of five darkened alcoves, with two either side of you, each contains a selection of food sacks, barrels, crates and disused furniture. As you complete each of the reputation quests for the Thieves Guild these will be occupied by the additional merchants. In front of you is a circular shallow pool with a wooden deck opposite and the inn behind. Following the path around to the right. Beyond the fifth alcove is a wooden bridge spanning the water beneath. The inn has three small tables and chairs arranged in front of the counter like any other inn.
There are cupboard, barrels, sacks and crates all around the room, as well as a counter in front of the east wall with an innkeeper Vekel the Man standing behind it or sweeping the floor. When first reaching the inn, you will find Brynjolf and Dirge who is the inn's bouncer, standing talking in front of the counter. Dirge will return to his normal position on the far side of the bridge, beside the inn's sign. On the counter are a few bottles of Nord mead, an apple pie, a baked potato and loaf of bread. On the the tables are loaves of bread, with one of them also having a horker loaf, bottle of alto wine, bread and cheese on top. Delvin Mallory who is also always found in the Ragged Flagon and is normally found sat at this table. Behind the counter is a simple fireplace. With more shelves and cupboard against the far wall. Behind one of the cupboard is a set of shelves holding more bottles of alto wine, wine, Nord mead and a couple of common books on top.
Opposite the counter is a wooden ramp leading up onto the deck. Vex who is also always found in the Ragged Flagon and is normally found standing to the right of the ramp. On the deck, there is a table on the right with a bottle of alto wine, a portion of grilled leeks, a salmon steak, a horse haunch, a sliced eidar cheese and a loaf of bread on top. If you have Dawnguard installed, behind this sitting on a bench is Galathil, the face sculptor you've probably heard of around Skyrim or Riften. On the left of the deck is a stack of crates, sacks and barrels, where you will normally find Tonilia, but she won't deal with you until you have proven yourself to the Thieves Guild by completing Taking Care of Business. At the end of the deck is one final table with an eidar cheese wheel on top.
In the southeastern corner is a wooden door that leads into the Ratway Vaults, with a storage cabinet on the right that requires a key to open. This will be unlocked by Brynjolf at the end of Taking Care of Business when he will lead you to the Ragged Flagon - Cistern to introduce you to Mercer Frey and welcome you into the Thieves Guild. During the A Cornered Rat quest you will find Gissur drinking at the first table at the inn unless he is killed during the Diplomatic Immunity quest.
 Standard Merchandise
This is the merchandise found in the bar's merchant chest. These items are only available if purchased from the merchant; they cannot be pickpocketed or stolen. They are restocked every two days. The other merchants found in the Ragged Flagon each have their own merchant chests, as detailed on their individual NPC pages.
|10||Random inn food|
- An extra room is added to the flagon by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. This room is located directly left of the door leading to the Ratway Vaults. It is mainly filled with beds for the those who live in the flagon, and is mistakenly blocked off by a wall in the vanilla game.
- The special features only appear as the extra merchants are introduced.