This article is about the artifact. For the book, see Wabbajack (book).
|Daedric Artifact: Wabbajack (0002ac6f)|
|Charge/Cost = Uses||3000/150=20|
Wabbajack is a Daedric artifact given to the player by Sheogorath in The Mind of Madness quest. The staff applies a variety of random effects on the target it is used against. It can randomly cause fire, frost, or shock damage, absorb health, make the target invisible, heal the target, and in some cases instantly kill the target. Along with its offensive abilities it can also randomly transform a target into a chicken, rabbit, mudcrab, Dremora or very rarely a sweet roll or a bottle of wine, or even more rarely into a shower of gold coins. Transforming the target into a sweet roll or gold coins usually terminates the target. However, if the Wabbajack is used to transform a target into an animal, it only delays the fight as they often transform back a short time later with full health (using it on the same target will return them to their true form where the fight can continue as normal).
 Related Quests
- The Wabbajack could be used to reset your followers, allowing their level and stats to scale with yours, or reach their max level. Since patch 1.6, this has become unnecessary as your followers level with you.
- To do this, take your follower to a secluded area, save (since it could kill them or turn them hostile), dismiss them, use the Wabbajack on them until they transform into something, and then punch them to break them out of it. This will cause them to respawn, which will fix their level and stats.
- When used on dragons, essential NPCs, giants or Dead Thralls, it will exclusively cause elemental explosions.
- The Wabbajack is a long-range weapon, making it quite useful for fighting dragons while staying out of their path.
- The Wabbajack can be a useful tool against strong opponents such as Dragon Priests due to its range of debilitating and/or instantly fatal effects.
- While you are in the Mind of Pelagius, you are given a different version of Wabbajack with a description reading "It's all you've got..." that is tied to various quest triggers, and unlike the normal one, has unlimited charges (vital since you can't access your inventory to recharge it if needed). This alternate Wabbajack's FormID is
0009b2b2. This version does nothing if acquired through the console once outside of the Mind of Pelagius. It will be counted as a weapon and does 1 damage, but it won't give bounty to the player if used nor will the "victim" of the Wabbajack become hostile. The only thing it will do is give a reddish aura to the NPC that the Wabbajack hits for a few seconds.
- The majority of the Wabbajack's effects are considered harmful, thus making it a crime to use it against villagers.
- A Sheogorath worshipper may ask you to "wabbajack" her.
- The Wabbajack will not work when wielded by a follower.
- On the top of the Wabbajack are three faces with varying expressions; this is also present at the portal to the Shivering Isles in Oblivion.
- While used on a man sitting in a cart, the Wabbajack will transform the cart as well.
- While the Wabbajack is governed by the Destruction skill and its charges will be affected by the player's skill and enchantments that reduce the cost of destruction spells, the actual damage the Wabbajack does when doing a burst of elemental damage isn't governed by anything. This means targets that are otherwise immune to frost, for example, will still take damage from a Wabbajack frost burst. This also makes the Wabbajack a particularly valuable item for players playing on higher difficulty levels, as its damage will not be reduced by the damage reduction experienced by players while playing on a higher difficulty.
- Using the Wabbajack on plot-related NPCs can produce highly unpredictable results, as their scripts may interact with the Wabbajack's effects in ways that cannot be anticipated.
- Using the Wabbajack on hawks kills them instantly with no visible effects normally associated with the Wabbajack (for example, no red glow/elemental explosion).
 See Also
For more information, see the lore article.