Skyrim:A Lovely Letter
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- (Optional) Learn about the love triangle from town people.
- Talk to Sven or Faendal about the love triangle.
- (Optional) Talk to the other man involved in the love triangle (Sven if you talked to Faendal first and vice versa).
- Give the letter to Camilla Valerius.
- Return to the man you decided to help to finish the quest.
 Detailed Walkthrough
When you go to the Sleeping Giant Inn located in Riverwood, you can approach Sven, the bard. While talking to him, you find out about his love for Camilla, then he tells you about the love triangle between him, Camilla and Faendal, he will then ask you a favour, Sven will then ask you to deliver a forged letter supposedly written by Faendal, or Faendal asks you to deliver a forged letter supposedly written by Sven, to Camilla Valerius. Both letters will include something that will anger Camilla and lead her to hating one of the characters (or both) She is usually at the Riverwood Trader, but at night she can sometimes be found at the Sleeping Giant Inn.
Instead of giving Camilla this letter, you can tell Faendal about it. In turn, he too forges a letter supposedly written by Sven and asks you to deliver it to Camilla instead. Alternatively, you could choose the third option: telling Camilla it's fake. No matter which way you choose, you always get 25 gold and you'll be able to choose the one you've helped as follower.
It is also possible to pickpocket both letters off the two characters and produce both letters to Camilla, who will then hate both of them.
My Dearest Camilla,
- Faendal makes a good follower because he is an Archery trainer. You can train the skill and later retrieve all the money you spent on the training from his inventory.
- This exploit is no longer possible as of version 1.2.6 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- It is not possible to complete this quest in a manner that has both Sven and Faendal as followers and to have their dispositions friendly towards you.
- In a particularly sneaky move, you can marry Camilla yourself after completing The Golden Claw quest. Strangely enough, marrying her does not solve this quest. Solving this quest after marrying Camilla will cause the 'winner' to appear at your house, should Camilla have moved in.
 Quest Stages
|A Lovely Letter (FreeformRiverwood01)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||(Objective is assigned): Deliver Faendal's letter to Camilla
(Objective is assigned): (Optional) Tell Sven about Faendal's letter
|20||(Objective is assigned): Deliver Sven's letter to Camilla|
|110||(Objective is assigned): Deliver Sven's letter to Camilla
(Objective is assigned): (Optional) Tell Faendal about Sven's letter
|120||(Objective is assigned): Deliver Faendal's letter to Camilla|
|210||(Objective is assigned): Talk to Faendal|
|220||(Objective is assigned): Talk to Sven|
|230||(Objective is assigned): Talk to Sven|
|240||(Objective is assigned): Talk to Faendal|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 5, 7, 105, 107, 200, 310, 320
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|