The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
You are able to make a range of custom items, using the various crafting skills, specifically:
- Alchemy: Create potions using two or more ingredients with the same effect, you can also try ingredients with different effects. This can also create strong potions, but will fail more.
- Enchanting: Enchant weapons or apparel with magical properties.
- Smithing: Create and improve weapons and apparel.
Other types of crafting are not controlled by any skills:
- Atronach Forge: Create staves, spell scrolls, spell tomes and daedric items.
- BakingHF: Baked food is more nutritious than raw food, and can only be done in the player-built kitchen.
- ConstructionHF: Build your own house from raw materials.
- Cooking: Cooked food is more nutritious than raw food.
- Smelting: Mineral ores need to be smelted before they can be used at weapon forging.
- Tanning: Convert hides into leather and leather into leather strips.
- Chop Wood: Get paid to chop firewood. (radiant)
- Gather Wheat: Get paid to gather crops. (radiant)
- Mine Ore: Get paid to mine ore. (radiant)
 Other Tasks
- Cutting Lumber: Serves no purpose except for roleplaying in the original version of the game. If Hearthfire is installed, sawn logs can be purchased or cut at wood mills.
- Milling: Serves no purpose except for roleplaying in the original version of the game. If Hearthfire is installed, wheat can be used to create flour.
Achievements related to activities are:
- ArchitectHF (10 points/Bronze) — Build three wings on a house
- Artificer (10 points/Bronze) — Make a smithed item, an enchanted item, and a potion
- Note that cooking counts as making a potion for this achievement.
- Citizen (10 points/Bronze) — Buy a house
- Hard Worker (10 points/Bronze) — Chop wood, mine ore, and cook food
- Land BaronHF (10 points/Bronze) — Buy three plots of land
- LandownerHF (10 points/Bronze) — Buy a plot of land
- Married (10 points/Bronze) — Get married
- Proud ParentHF (10 points/Bronze) — Adopt a child
- Master ArchitectHF (10 points/Bronze) — Build three houses
- Note that you must construct all three wings on each of the three houses to get credit for this achievement.