|Store||Stall in Solitude's marketplace|
|Gold||50 (+1000 Master Trader)|
|Sells||Random drinks, 2 Salmon Meat, 6 Salmon Steak, Salt Pile, 20 Seared Slaughterfish|
|Buys||Innkeeper (Food, Raw Food)|
|Primary Skills||Speech, One-handed, Pickpocket, Two-handed|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionHaafingar; Fish vendor; SolitudeAddvarsHouseFaction; TownSolitudeFaction|
While his wife lost all hope following the execution of her brother Roggvir, Addvar seems focused on providing his family a proper income during tough times. He gets out of bed at 6am in the morning and heads to the market, where he sells his produce for a whopping 14 hours in a row. At 8pm he returns to his house and spends the evening enjoying the cooking of his wife and the company of his daughter. At midnight, he heads upstairs and goes to bed. While he will promote his services around the clock, you can only trade with him from his stall.
Like the rest of his family, Addvar is quite poor and his attire reflects that. He wears a set of cheap merchant clothes, excluding the hat. Due to a bug he doesn’t carry his house key, but a key to one of the prison cells in Karthwasten. He wields an iron dagger and carries a selection of lower-class items and gold.
At all times, Addvar will promote his fish businesss around the clock, saying, "Plenty of fresh fish for ya.", "I've got some salmon to sell.", "You shouldn't leave Solitude without trying our fish. Best in Skyrim." or shouting, "Fresh fish! Fresh fish!", "Fresh Fish! Straight from the Fjords!" and "The finest fish, here! Caught daily!" He will also explain he finds his wares at the docks. "There are a few good spots, if you can avoid the East Empire Company workers and those Red Wave thugs." When confronted with the fact that he and Svar was at the execution of Roggvir, he will explain, "Svari, yes. It's been hard on her. The girl misses her uncle. I've tried to explain that Roggvir did something bad and that we all have to be accountable for our actions but... a child feels what she will." Upon exiting conversation he will say "These are troubled times. Be on your guard out there." or "May the gods speed your journeys... and steady your sword arm."
When you first arrive in Solitude, you will witness Roggvir being executed and Addvar mercifully asking his daughter to go home. Vivienne Onis will be present as well, and the following scene will play out:
Svari: "They can't hurt uncle Roggvir. Tell them he didn't do it."
Addvar: "Svari, you need to go home. Go home and stay there until your mother comes."
Vivienne: "You should tell her that her uncle is scum that betrayed his High King. Best she know now, Addvar."
Addvar: "You're all heart, Vivienne."
Also, if you visit Addvar’s house in the evening, these conversations can be heard:
Addvar: "Svari, Jala said you stole an apple from her cart yesterday. Is this true?"
Svari: "Just a little one! I was hungry!"
Greta: "I'll talk with Jala, dear. I'm sure she'll accept a potato as repayment."
Addvar: "I suppose. But Svari, we don't steal. We're better than that. Understand?"
Svari: "Yes, papa."
Greta: "Eat up, Svari."
Svari: "Fish? Again?" or "Potatoes? Again?"
Addvar: "It's all we've got for today. Don't be greedy."
Greta: "Maybe we'll have better luck tomorrow."
Addvar: "We'll make it, Greta. We always have so far..."
- Addvar was accidentally given a key to one of the cages in Karthspire instead of his regular house key.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.5 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Considerable dialogue was written for Addvar and his various customers. Unfortunately, they were recorded in Jala's voice. Some are improbably for Jala, and conditions are set to prevent them. The rest are rarely heard, as they are mixed with Jala's other dialogue.
- Addvar: "A little late in the day for your rounds Sorex."
- Sorex: "I seem to have more chores for the Winking Skeever each day. I still have a delivery to do too."
- Silana: "Fresh fish sounds like just the thing today, Addvar."
- Addvar: "I've been pushing the Salmon but I'll tell you the Slaughterfish is a bit better today."
- Silana: "Thank you, Addvar, I am picky about what I eat these days."
- Aia: "Salmon sounds good today."
- Addvar: "Speaking of sounding good, I've heard a couple of your classmates on the street recently."
- Aia: "As long as they're playing instruments they're passable. You don't want to hear them sing."
- Rorlund: "I wish we could have absolved your brother-in-law of his sins before his execution."
- Addvar: "I don't think he would have wanted your absolution, Rorlund. He Talos. I appreciate the thought though."
- Addvar: "Jawanan, I don't see you here often."
- Jawanan: "I do not like fish."
- Addvar: "Okay. Well. That's all I've got."
- Jawanan: "I am buying a fish for Noster. He likes fish."
- Addvar: "A sale's a sale but I have to know... why are you buying something for Noster?"
- Jawanan: "A war veteran should be respected."
- Illdi: "I'm sorry about Roggvir. It's a shame, I liked him."
- Addvar: "Greta is taking it hardest. She won't go to the Temple of Divines anymore."
- Ataf: "I went out ice fishing a few days ago."
- Addvar: "Brave man, with the Blackbloods out there. Did you catch anything?"
- Ataf: "Naw, mostly just froze."
- Addvar: "Well, keep at it. The fish have to get to know you before they're willing to bite."