Quick Walkthrough
- Enter Angarvunde and speak to Medresi Dran.
- Kill three draugr in the main chamber.
- Return to Medresi.
- Follow Medresi.
- Enter Angarvunde Catacombs to open the gate.
- Enter Angarvunde Ruins to open the gate.
- Follow Medresi into the treasure chamber.
- Discover Angarvunde's treasure.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Upon entering Angarvunde, you will encounter Medresi Dran complaining about cowards. She will inform you that she had been in charge of a work force, but they fled as soon as they encountered some undead. Until the path is clear, Medresi is unable to reach the treasure she seeks. If you offer to assist her, she will in turn offer to split the treasure with you.
First, Medresi needs the three leveled draugr cleared from the main chamber. Head down the ramp from Medresi and follow a short corridor; the main chamber is the first large room you come across. Kill the three draugr here and make your way back to Medresi, who will be walking down towards you.
Tell her that the draugr are dead, and she will race off to the main chamber. Follow her to the locked gate at the far side of the chamber. Talk to her, and she will give you a key that will open the doors to the sides of the main chamber.
Head up the ramp on the southeast wall of the chamber and open the door to the Catacombs.
 Angarvunde Catacombs
Follow the path downwards until you reach a broken spiral staircase leading further down. Drop down here, though be warned—there will be a draugr right in front of you. Follow the path still further down and you will encounter another Draugr in the wide corridor. There is also a trapped chest up the stairs to the left.
Another draugr awaits when you turn the corner to the left. You will then encounter a group of four as you follow the corridor into the burial crypt, as well as a locked chest and a stamina potion. The corridor will open out into a cavern containing a single draugr. Exit this cavern to the left and continue following the path. Watch for the dart trap on the floor halfway up the stairs, and again on the second flight.
You will emerge in yet another cavern containing two draugr. Continue straight through and up the stairs. Several draugr may awake from their slumber here, so be careful. Make your way through the next two large burial chambers and you will reach the door back to Angarvunde (and another stamina potion to the left).
Head straight to the end of the corridor and pull the lever. The spikes to your left will lower, allowing you back into the main chamber and opening the first gate. Head up the stairs on the northwest side of the main chamber to access Angarvunde Ruins.
 Angarvunde Ruins
Follow the winding corridor down two flights of stairs. Directly at the foot of these stairs is a corridor containing four trap triggers on the floor, which will release swinging blades if activated. The next room contains a solitary draugr, and iron door concealing a couple of standard burial urns, and a number of paths blocked off by spikes. There is also a copy of the Illusion skill book Before the Ages of Man on the table.
Continue through the only available path into a two-leveled chamber containing two draugr. Follow the upper pathway around to the right and jump across the crumbled bridge to reach a magicka poison on a pedestal—be warned, though, that this will release a spike trap from the ceiling. Heading downstairs and up the path will bring you face-to-face with yet another draugr, and eventually will lead you to the other side of one of the blocked paths encountered earlier. Pull the lever here to release two sets of spikes—one containing a locked chest, the other leading you back into the first room.
Directly opposite, you will see that the third set of spikes has also retracted. Head down the pathway they have revealed. At the foot of the stairs and round the corner to the left, there is a floor trigger for a battering ram overhead, and another two draugr.
Two more draugr will spring from the upright coffins on your left as you enter the next three-leveled chamber. Claim the healing potions between them if you wish. Veer right and up the stairs to find a path that will bring you to the third tier of this chamber. One draugr awaits in the center of the bridge.
In the room directly beyond the bridge, there is a bookcase to the right containing some potions and leveled armor. Further down the stairs and along the corridor, there is also a decent leveled weapon and a coin purse beneath three black statues in an alcove. Deal with the final draugr on the stairs to the right, and you will have reached the door back to Angarvunde.
 Medresi's End
Head left to the end of the corridor to find a chest and a lever. Pull the lever to lower the spikes to your right and open the final gate. Jump down and walk towards Medresi, who will excitedly run through the open door, only to be killed by a crushing spike trap. Luckily for you, her activation of the trap also reveals a pathway down.
Don't worry about the chest that Medresi was originally running for, behind the trap: it's empty. Just head down the revealed stairway to find the real prize—a word wall for the Animal Allegiance shout, a boss-level chest, and a magical two-handed weapon.
- If you have a follower, they may not follow you all the way down the spiral wood staircase within Angarvunde Catacombs. Because the staircase has broken away at the bottom, you must drop down a few feet to reach the ground below, and your follower may remain stuck on the staircase. In this case, you will be forced to clear this area alone, and your follower can be found back in the main chamber when you return to open the gate.
- This can be solved by waiting, as all followers are loaded next to you afterwards.
- You can tackle the Catacombs or the Ruins in either order once you receive the key from Medresi; however both levers must be activated before the final chamber can be reached.
- If you pickpocket the key from Medresi and explore the Catacombs and Ruins sections without the relevant quest, Medresi will stand in front of the open gates, insisting that they need to be opened.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- To fix this, talk to Medresi so that the "gives" you the key, then re-enter both the Catacombs and Ruins by their exit doors, and re-trigger both levers.
- Killing Medresi will also trigger the final trap and advance the quest.
 Quest Stages
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||(Objective is assigned): Destroy the Draugr in Angarvunde (<Global=dunAngarvundeDraugrKilledCount>/3)|
|20||(Objective is assigned): Talk to Medresi in Angarvunde|
|50||(Objective is assigned): Find a way to open the gates|
|61||(Objective is assigned): Open the other gate|
|62||(Objective is assigned): Open the other gate|
|70||(Objective is assigned): Return to Medresi|
|100||(Objective is assigned): Discover the treasure of Angarvunde|
|254||(Completed): Discover the treasure of Angarvunde|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 5, 30, 35, 40, 55, 56, 60, 65, 66, 71, 80, 255.