|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.|
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Plains District of Whiterun|
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
The building is divided into the shop and Arcadia's living area. There are five rooms altogether. There is a fire in the middle of the shop and a counter along one wall. There is also an alchemy lab, a cupboard, and a few sacks. The counter holds a copy of An Explorer's Guide to Skyrim, which adds some markers to the map, and these items. There are some ingredients hanging above and to either side of where Arcadia stands behind the counter.
In the back room are a few books and some food. On the table is a copy of the Alchemy skill book Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim. There is a small storeroom under the stairs with a master locked door from the shop that contains a long chest and some barrels, two of which are fish barrels. The barrels can reached from the stairs, and the door can be bypassed by jumping over the barrels to the side of the stairs.
At the bottom of the stairs is a table with two chairs, while the area upstairs to the north side is an elongated kitchen and dining table. There are three benches, a cooking pot, a wardrobe, and some food on the table. A wardrobe and a chair stand outside the bedroom.
The bedroom contains a bed, a wardrobe, two chairs (one of which is inaccessible), and on the table, the shop's adept locked strongbox and business ledger.
If you complete the quest Salt for Arcadia, you can then take all low-level items, including the merchandise on the counter and the bed, from this location, and repeat this every time the items respawn.
 NPCs Living Here
 Related Quests
- Alchemy Tutorial: Learn the basics of potion making. (radiant)
- Salt for Arcadia: Farengar asks you to deliver some frost salts to Arcadia.
 Displayed Merchandise
The following items are initially situated around the store. You can purchase them from Arcadia or steal them. They respawn after ten days.
Other items may also be present in the store, but are not available for purchase.
 Standard Merchandise
This is the merchandise found in the store's merchant chest. These items are only available if purchased from the merchant; they cannot be pickpocketed or stolen. They are restocked every two days.
|~11||Common Ingredients||Max 15 (15@75%)|
|~8||Leveled Fortify Skill Potions||Max 10 (10@75%)|
|~13||Leveled Healing Potions||Max 15 (10@75% + 5@100%)|
|~8||Leveled Other Potions||Max 10 (10@75%)|
|~8||Leveled Resist Potions||Max 10 (10@75%)|
|~8||Leveled Poisons||Max 10 (10@75%)|
|~1||Poison Recipes||Max 1 (1@50%)|
|1||Potion of Cure Disease|
|~4||Rare Ingredients||Max 5 (5@75%)|
|~1||Rare Recipes||Max 1 (1@50%)|
|~8||Uncommon Ingredients||Max 10 (10@75%)|
- The front door has an adept-level lock.
- The Key to Arcadia's Shop is carried by Arcadia.
- In the back room is the skill book Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim.
- On the front counter lies a copy of An Explorer's Guide to Skyrim.
- It is one of the places mentioned in A Gentleman's Guide to Whiterun.
- There is a "Loot" shadowmark to the right of the entrance door. There are many alchemical ingredients and potions found around the store.
- If you break into the shop at night, Arcadia might be talking in her sleep. She will say all of her normal phrases but while in her bed and not moving her mouth.
- The store may be locked during normal business hours and open in the middle of the night, when Arcadia won't do business with you.
- A successful workaround may be to fast-travel out of the city and return. You may need to fast-travel from many different locations.
- You may also need to try waiting for long periods of time (potentially many days) in order for the store's hours to reset.
- Breaking into the shop during normal business hours may serve as a workaround as well, since Arcadia should be inside at work during those hours.