|Console Location Code(s)
|ArcwindPointExterior01, ArcwindPointExterior02, ArcwindPointExterior03, ArcwindPointExterior04, ArcwindPointExterior05, ArcwindPointExterior06, ArcwindPointExterior07, ArcwindPointExterior08, ArcwindPointExterior09, ArcwindPointExterior10, ArcwindPointExterior11, ArcwindPointExterior12, ArcwindPointExterior13, ArcwindPointExterior14
|South of Ivarstead, west of Rift Imperial Camp
|# of Quicksilver
Overview of the Arcwind Point
Arcwind Point is a ruined Nordic structure located at the southern edge of Skyrim, south of Ivarstead.
It consists of several separate ruins guarded by skeletons and higher level draugr. A dragon will also be seated atop the central structure at the bottom of the vale. Beneath it, on the ground level, is a sarcophagus with a draugr boss which may even be a dragon priest, if you are at a higher level. The whole location is outdoors. Some potions, nightshade plants, and ore veins can be found here. A boss-level chest and the Restoration skill book Withershins can be found inside the final tower of Arcwind.
 Related Quests
Some radiant quests have a sizeable list of possible locations. These quests are not placed on individual place pages, and are instead listed at radiant quest locations
- A word wall for the Drain Vitality shout can be found here with the Dawnguard plug-in.
- The easiest way to get to Arcwind Point is from the Imperial camp in the Rift. Just south of the camp is a cliff, take that path south and you'll be there.
- When fighting draugr near the last tower of this area (past the small building containing traps), you should be very cautious. There is a steep cliff here and an Unrelenting Force shout from a draugr can easily send you plummeting to your death (with no autosave in Arcwind Point that can be loaded, since the entire area is outside). Players should note however that they can use this to their own advantage, as several battles can be easily concluded with single, well timed, uses of higher levels of Unrelenting Force or shield charges.
- The draugr in the coffin past the small building containing traps can be unusually powerful relative to the player's level. For example, a level 15 player could find a Draugr Death Overlord here. In this case, the defeated enemy could drop an ebony weapon, making this spot useful for finding ebony weapons earlier in the game than they are generally accessible. The strategies mentioned above could help the player defeat this high level enemy.[verification needed]
- If sent here for the Words of Power quest, finding the word wall may not mark the quest as completed in your journal.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1 of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- The Unofficial Dawnguard Patch may not work for all.
- Using the command
SetStage FreeFormHighHrothgarA 20 will end the quest and allow you to acquire another quest normally.
- The quest may clear by going to NORTHwind Point before ARCwind. This may mean the programmers confused the two locations, or getting any Word of Power before going to ARCwind Point will clear the quest.[verification needed]
- Going to Northwind Point after Arcwind and collecting the shout there completed this quest.[verification needed]
- The dragon that spawns here is almost always bugged. The most common bug for this dragon is the blurred skin, which is listed on the dragon page.