|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|ArcwindPointExterior01, ArcwindPointExterior02, ArcwindPointExterior03, ArcwindPointExterior04, ArcwindPointExterior05, ArcwindPointExterior06, ArcwindPointExterior07, ArcwindPointExterior08, ArcwindPointExterior09, ArcwindPointExterior10, ArcwindPointExterior11, ArcwindPointExterior12, ArcwindPointExterior13, ArcwindPointExterior14|
|South of Ivarstead, west of Rift Imperial Camp|
|Word Wall||Drain VitalityDG|
|# of Quicksilver||2|
The ruins can be reached by a path south of the Rift Imperial Camp, or another path between Froki's Shack and Autumnwatch Tower. The latter route has a couple leveled enemies along the way and you may alert any dragon roosting on Autumnwatch Tower, but it also provides access to a quicksilver ore vein and an altar with three potions on it.
Whichever way you arrive, the first structure is the southernmost one: a barrow where a draugr will burst from a coffin. There are two, similar paths to the main structure to the northwest. If you arrived from the Imperial Camp, you can avoid the barrow - and a group of skeletons on the other path - altogether if you watch for a downward sloping path on the right.
At the main structure, you'll find the dragon roosting above, and a sarcophagus with a draugr boss (which may even be a dragon priest at high enough levels) below. If you have Dawnguard, there's also a word wall for the Drain Vitality shout nearby. Continuing north, you'll find another structure. Beware the battering ram trap triggered by a pressure plate at the door to this structure. Some potions lie on a table beyond, but beware the high-level draugr that ambushes you from a coffin once you exit. A small graveyard with some nightshade plants is here too. Turn east, up the cliff where a single tower awaits. There's two draugr here, but also a boss-level chest, and the Restoration skill book Withershins on a pedestal at the tower overlook.
 Related Quests
- Note: This location is one of many potential targets for one or more of the radiant quests found on this page.
- When fighting draugr near the last tower of this area (past the small building containing traps), you should be very cautious. There is a steep cliff here and an Unrelenting Force shout from a draugr can easily send you plummeting to your death. You can use this to your own advantage, however, as several battles can be easily concluded with single, well-timed uses of higher levels of Unrelenting Force or shield charges.
- The draugr in the coffin past the small building containing traps can be unusually powerful relative to your level. For example, at level 15 you could find a Draugr Death Overlord here. In this case, the defeated enemy could drop an ebony weapon, making this spot useful for finding ebony weapons earlier in the game than they are generally accessible. The strategies mentioned above could help you defeat this high level enemy.
- Once the player reaches level 78, and if Dawnguard is installed, a legendary dragon can consistently be found perched atop the central arc at this location.
- If sent here for the Words of Power quest, finding the word wall may not mark the quest as completed in your journal.
- The dragon that spawns here is almost always bugged. The most common bug for this dragon is blurred skin, which is listed on the dragon page.
- Killing the dragon here does not mark the location as cleared, because it is not tagged as a boss.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.3 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.