|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Kodlak Whitemane.
- Collect a Glenmoril Witch's head.
- (Optional) Wipe out the Glenmoril Witches.
- Return to Kodlak.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 The Price of Power
After completing two more radiant quests (one which must be for Aela), your next major assignment will be ready, courtesy of the elderly Harbinger himself, Kodlak Whitemane. He will chastise you for your actions against the Silver Hand, and will then tell you the true story about how the Companions contracted Lycanthropy; apparently, one of his predecessors made a pact with the Glenmoril Witches to gain more power, not knowing the true price of his actions: an afterlife spent in Hircine's Hunting Grounds, not in Sovngarde, which is why he seeks a cure. He then sends you off by yourself, in search of the Glenmoril Witches.
 The Coven
Glenmoril Coven is located in the northwest reaches of Falkreath, southeast of Lost Valley Redoubt. Upon entering, search the crack in the wall for a locked chest, then proceed to the main chamber where you will encounter the first Glenmoril Witch, a powerful variety of Hagraven, and she will attack you on sight, accompanied by a Frostbite Spider or Skeever. After the battle, claim her head. The chamber functions as a nexus to four smaller chambers, each with a witch and some valuable loot, including the Destruction skill book The Horror of Castle Xyr in the northwestern chamber as well as the Enchanting skill book A Tragedy in Black in the northern most chamber. While it is optional to kill all five witches, killing at least four is recommended if you want to cure yourself of lycanthropy later on. Despite the described weight of the heads, no weight penalty is added when you pick them up as quest items.
 Jorrvaskr Attacked!
When you return to Whiterun, things will be different and you will notice several citizens gathered around near the stairs leading to Jorrvaskr. Halfway up the stairs, you will find both Torvar and Aela the Huntress next to dead Silver Hand members. When you enter the building, Vilkas will seek you out and ask you where you were in the time of need. In your absence, the Silver Hand attacked Jorrvaskr, managing to kill old Kodlak and take off with all the fragments of Wuuthrad. You will find Kodlak’s dead body near the central fireplace, with Farkas and Njada Stonearm kneeling next to him; both unresponsive. Vilkas will claim that his death will be avenged, which will end the quest and immediately start the next one, Purity of Revenge.
- If you have a follower prior to completing this quest, he/she will be replaced by Vilkas once you enter Jorrvaskr at the end of this quest. This will cause your previous follower to "reset", meaning they will return to their respective origin, and will appear again as they did when you first met. However, any items that were given to them will still be in their inventory if you return later to regain them as a follower.
- Kodlak's body cannot be interacted with or searched, as he becomes a "ghost".
- Regardless of whether you kill all the witches or not, the guards will praise you upon the completion of Blood's Honor.
- After finishing the two radiant quests for Aela, Blood's Honor may not show up, as Aela won't initiate the quest. This may be caused by a conflicting radiant quest which is already active at Glenmoril Coven. Attempt to complete the radiant quest as early as possible and it should function as normal.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 1.
|Prev: The Silver Hand||Up: Companions||Next: Purity of Revenge|