|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Brelyna Maryon.
- Let her cast a spell on you.
- Wait a few in-game hours to let the effects wear off.
- Let Brelyna try again.
- Wait for her to finish.
 Detailed Walkthrough
After you've completed Under Saarthal, you can find Brelyna Maryon back at the College (likely in the Hall of Attainment). When you speak to her, she'll request your help. If you agree to help, she will cast a flawed spell that will put a green film over your vision.
The film fades after a few in-game hours, then you'll be able to give her a second chance. She'll fail again, several times, turning you into various forms of wildlife including a horse, cow, and a dog. She turns you back and thanks you for giving her a "starting point" for her experiments.
For helping her out, she will reward you with a random, level-dependent Resist Magic necklace. The level provided in the table below is the minimum level that you must be to obtain that version of the necklace; however, even at higher levels, it is still possible to receive the lowest-level necklace. Below level 8, you will not receive any necklace.
|Necklace of Resist Magic||8||Increases Magic Resistance by 10%.|
|Necklace of Waning Magic||16||Increases Magic Resistance by 12%.|
|Necklace of Dwindling Magic||24||Increases Magic Resistance by 15%.|
|Necklace of Magic Suppression||32||Increases Magic Resistance by 17%.|
|Necklace of Magic Abatement||40||Increases Magic Resistance by 20%.|
|Necklace of Nullification||48||Increases Magic Resistance by 22%.|
In addition, Brelyna will now be your friend, and can be asked to join you as a follower. You will also be able to marry her after the completion of this quest.
- If the player is currently under any spell absorption effect, Brelyna's spells may not always work on you. If this happens, you will need to reload to prevent from getting permanently stuck with "Wait for Brelyna's Spell to wear off" stuck in your quest log and the quest never advancing.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- If the player is in third person view, or if the view between Brelyna and the player is obstructed (thereby preventing the player from being hit by the spell), then the quest will remain stuck on the "wait for Brelyna's spell to wear off" part of the quest.
- The player may remain invisible after the last phase of the quest (needed for the simulation of being transformed into an animal).
- Use the Become Ethereal shout to fix it.
- This can be fixed by entering
player.setactoralpha 100into the console command.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 255.