Skyrim:Rebuilding the Blades
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Locate and bring three suitable followers to Delphine.
- Induct these followers into the Blades.
- Ask Esbern about dragon lairs to start the repeatable quest Dragon Hunting.
 Detailed Walkthrough
After completing Alduin's Wall, you can offer to help Delphine rebuild the Blades. She will ask that you bring followers to Sky Haven Temple. They will be asked to take an oath, and thereby join the Blades.
- You can still ask them to follow you after they join the Blades, however they will move to Sky Haven and no longer be available in their original location.
- If you induct your spouse into the Blades, then you can still move your spouse to a house you own. If you choose to live at your Blade spouse's home, that location will now be Sky Haven Temple.
- All permanent followers are eligible to join the Blades except Serana, Talvas Fathryon and those from the Dark Brotherhood.
- When a new recruit joins the Blades, they automatically leave your service, so a new follower can be recruited. Bugs affecting your ability to obtain new followers may be solved in this manner, though only three followers may be recruited.
- Hirelings that join the Blades can be hired for free after they move to the temple.
- If one of the new recruits dies for any reason, they cannot be replaced by inducting another follower.
- If the optional quest Paarthurnax has started you can still recruit followers for Delphine. When it comes time to talk to Esbern however, he will not finish this quest or start the Dragon Hunting quest until Paarthurnax is slain.
- Blades armor is heavy armor, so recruits who do not favor that skill will be at a disadvantage. Similarly, Skyrim's Blades only have one-handed swords, so followers unskilled in One-handed may be at a disadvantage.
- Any armor given to Blades inductees prior to their induction may be removed from their inventory.
- When dismissing a Blade follower from your service who was formerly a housecarl, they will say "I will be back at your house if you need me, Thane", even though they return to Sky Haven Temple.
- Esbern may be unavailable when you try to talk to him. There is no dialogue option and he just says 'Did you say something?'.
- Some followers may not move into Sky Haven Temple, and once dismissed will travel back to their place of recruitment.
 Quest Stages
|Rebuilding the Blades (FreeformSkyhavenTempleA)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Bring a follower to Delphine
Objective 20: Bring a follower to Delphine
Objective 30: Bring a follower to Delphine
Objective 40: Ask Esbern about dragon lairs
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 50.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|