Skyrim:Broken Helm Hollow
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Battle of Sancre Tor|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|BrokenHelmHollowExterior01, BrokenHelmHollowExterior02, BrokenHelmHollow01|
|Southeast of Riften
Northwest of Stendarr's Beacon
|# of Tanning Racks||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
|# of Corundum||3|
Broken Helm Hollow is a small bandit camp in the southeast corner of The Rift. It is located on the eastern face of the small peak southeast of Riften near the large waterfall. The cave has only one zone: Broken Helm Hollow. Two low-level bandits stand guard directly outside of the entrance.
The treasure chest for Treasure Map IX is located partway down the waterfall next to the entrance, assuming that you have obtained the map.
 Related Quests
- Amulet of the Moon: Find the Moon Amulet for Kharjo. (radiant)
- Flight or Fight: Help Grosta at Heartwood Mill locate her missing husband.
- Retrieval: Journey to a random location to retrieve a fragment of Wuuthrad. (radiant)
 Zone 1: Broken Helm Hollow
Inside, the bandits can be found fast asleep, so make sure you avoid the bone chimes if you don't want to awaken them. The two bandits camped in the bottom portion can be easily killed, but the bandit chief that sleeps above is a whole different story. If you've managed to keep him from waking up, you can get a quick head start on slicing away his life. He hits hard though and has a lot of health. An alternate strategy is to climb onto the box on the table below. From there you can jump to a large rock outcropping and proceed to range him down very safely.
Once the three bandits are dead, you can safely explore the rest of the cave. The boss-level treasure chest has a swinging mace trap protecting it, but it is very easy to avoid. Next to the chest is a small table with a copy of the Two-handed skill book Battle of Sancre Tor atop it. At the back wall near the camp with the tanning rack and cooking pot is a hard-to-see chain hanging from the wall. Pulling it will reveal a secret lair. Inside is a corpse that used to be a man by the name of Leifnarr, whose corpse is part of the miscellaneous objective Flight or Fight. Finding Leifnarr without having previously been given the objective can result in bugs; see the quest page for details.
- Three corundum ore veins can be found here: one next to the stream inside the cave, one inside the secret room, and one outside at the bottom of the waterfall.
- At the base of the waterfall, near one of the corundum ore veins, is the body of a dead Khajiit with a coin purse and 4 loose gold coins next to him. Three levels higher on the waterfall cascade, there are 5 more gold coins and an iron sword.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|