Skyrim:Broken Oar Grotto
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|Bandits, Blackblood Marauders, Jaree-Ra, Captain Hargar|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|North of Solitude
Northwest of Brinewater Grotto
|# of Tanning Racks||1|
|# of Smelters||1|
|# of Forges/Anvils||1|
|# of Grindstones||1|
|# of Workbenches||1|
|# of Corundum||1|
|# of Iron||2|
|# of Silver||1|
Located at the northern tip of the coastline of Solitude, the entrance to the Broken Oar Grotto resembles a landslide next to a small cave entrance. A crushed longboat can be seen amongst the rubble, rock, and broken trees. Two rowboats are drawn up on land in front of the entrance, and there is a small lit campfire nearby.
 Related Quests
- Lights Out!: Help run a cargo ship aground.
- Amulet of the Moon: Find the Moon Amulet for Kharjo.
- Ancient TechnologyDG: Retrieve Dwemer schematics to improve technology for the Dawnguard.
- Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a cave.
- Kill the Bandit Leader: Do a favor by slaying a bandit leader.
The Broken Oar grotto is a massive water-filled cavern where raiders, the Blackblood Marauders, have built a dock for housing and launching longboats. The proper cavern entrance was blocked by a cave-in, preventing any ships from being launched in the last year, and has led to all the ships being scuttled or re-purposed. The dock contains a captain's quarters, a complete forge, crew's quarters, kitchen, etc. The captain, Captain Hargar, keeps his treasure chest on the deck of the sunken longboat.
 Notable Loot
- A copy of the Smithing skill book Cherim's Heart can be found at the forge.
- There are four underwater chests hidden inside. After entering, head left down the ladder leading into the water. The first chest will be next to a rock. The second chest is further down, just past the wooden bridge there is some wooden scaffolding and a boat (not in water), follow the steps leading down into the water and it is next to a large rock and a skeleton. The third chest is on the deck of a partially sunk boat, next to the captain's quarters. A conversation about this chest can be heard upon entering the grotto. The fourth chest is on a sunken platform underneath the captain's quarters.
- You can pick up a mammoth tusk from the top of the captain's cupboard.
 Ore Locations
- An iron ore vein is on the east side of the cavern up the stairs opposite the entrance.
- An iron ore vein is past the first lever-bridge on the east side of the cavern.
- A corundum ore vein is in the tunnel connecting the cavern with the sunken ship to the small cave with bed rolls.
- A silver ore vein is close to the forge.
- Followers may get stuck inside and will not go outside with you. See the bugs section of Reanimate for how to fix it via PC console.
- If any followers remain stuck inside. It may be possible to release them by traveling to Solitude and paying off a bounty (if you have no bounty, create one). Upon release, all followers should be in your party.
- If the Amulet of the Moon quest directs you here, check to see if you have already visited this location. This location does not respawn, so if you have been here before, the Moon Amulet cannot spawn here and you cannot complete the quest.
- You will need to reload a previous save to get a different location from Kharjo.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|