|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Calcelmo wants to buy a Dwarven item from you.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Buy a Dwarven item from a shop in a city.
- Receive the message from a courier.
- Sell it to Calcelmo.
 Detailed Walkthrough
After purchasing a Dwarven item of any kind inside a city, a courier may come to you shortly afterward with a letter from Calcelmo in Markarth, saying that he wants to buy the item from you.
When you take the item to Calcelmo, you can sell it to him for twice the item's base value. If you succeed at a persuade or intimidate check, Calcelmo will offer two and a half times the item's base value.
- Enchanted and non-enchanted Dwarven apparel and weapons can trigger this quest.
- Calcelmo will recognize the item as being in your possession, even if you disenchanted the item (and thus no longer have it); upon selling the item to Calcelmo, nothing is removed from your inventory, but the quest completes successfully.
- If the item is dropped or sold, the quest cannot be completed unless you find another one (as stated in his message). However, it is also possible to recreate the item via smithing and/or enchanting to finish the quest.
- This quest may be triggered multiple times.
- If you have two of the requested item and want to keep a specific one, trade the one you want to your follower then finish the quest as Calcelmo might end up taking the one you want to keep.
- The price Calcelmo offers is calculated from the base value of the item (e.g., Dwarven gauntlets have a base value of 85 septims). If Calcelmo requests an enchanted item, selling the item through this quest can be a horribly bad deal.
- With the addition of Dwarven bolts in the Dawnguard plug-in, Calcelmo can ask for any of the three explosive bolts discovered during the Ancient Technology radiant quests. Due to the way rewards are calculated, however, you will get an extremely small amount of gold for selling them to him.
- Calcelmo may not acknowledge that an item is in your inventory. ?
- Removing the item and getting it back again, such as trading it to a follower temporarily, may fix this.
- Items that have been marked for the quest, but the courier has not delivered the note regarding, can be enchanted but cannot be named. ?
- The item Calcelmo requests may not be removed from your inventory when you are rewarded. ?
- The Execution Hood from With Friends Like These... is counted as a Dwarven artifact for this quest. ?
 Quest Stages
|Buy Dwarven artifact (WIAddItem07)
||(Objective is assigned): Bring a <Alias=Item> to Calcelmo
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 100, 200, 255.