Skyrim:Charred Skeever Hide
|2nd||Cure Disease (0.36×)|
59 guaranteed samples can be found in 33 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 6 in Alftand Animonculory (Winterhold)
- 6 in Tolvald's Cave (The Rift)
- 5 in Fort Dunstad (The Pale)
- 3 in Forelhost Refectory (The Rift)
- 3 in Guldun Rock Cave (Whiterun Hold)
- 3 in Raldbthar Deep Market (The Pale)
It is categorized as an uncommon ingredient, meaning that all apothecary merchants have a 15% chance of carrying 1-5 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found in uncommon- and rare-type apothecary's satchels. Other possible locations for already-harvested samples include:
- 14% chance of 1-3 samples being carried by Silver Hand members (encountered during the Companions questline).
Hides can be harvested from any of 39 charred skeevers found in 25 different locations. Locations with multiple charred skeevers are:
- 6 around Stonehill Bluff (Hjaalmarch)
- 3 in Irkngthand Slave Pens (The Pale)
- 3 around Red Road Pass (The Pale)
- 2 around Bleakwind Basin (Whiterun Hold)
- 2 around Blizzard Rest (The Pale)
- 2 in Fort Dunstad (The Pale)
- 2 around Sleeping Tree Camp (Whiterun Hold)
- 2 around Talking Stone Camp (Hjaalmarch)
- Charred skeever hides are also categorized as food, meaning they can be sold to innkeepers as well as apothecary merchants.
- The base magnitude of the Cure Disease effect for this ingredient is 2 instead of 5. The only real implication of this reduced magnitude is that if charred skeever hide and hawk feathers are combined, the resulting potion will cost 64% less than a typical custom Cure Disease potion.