|2nd||Cure Disease (0.36×)|
59 guaranteed samples can be found in 33 different locations. Locations with the greatest numbers are:
- 6 in Alftand Animonculory (Winterhold)
- 6 in Tolvald's Cave (The Rift)
- 5 in Fort Dunstad (The Pale)
- 3 in Forelhost Refectory (The Rift)
- 3 in Guldun Rock Cave (Whiterun Hold)
- 3 in Raldbthar Deep Market (The Pale)
It is categorized as an uncommon ingredient, meaning that all apothecary merchants have a 15% chance of carrying 1-5 samples. In addition, it may be randomly found in uncommon- and rare-type apothecary's satchels. Other possible locations for already-harvested samples include:
Hides can be harvested from any of 39 charred skeevers found in 25 different locations. Locations with multiple charred skeevers are:
- Charred skeever hides are also categorized as food, meaning they can be sold to innkeepers as well as apothecary merchants.
- The base magnitude of the Cure Disease effect for this ingredient is 2 instead of 5. The only real implication of this reduced magnitude is that if charred skeever hide and hawk feathers are combined, the resulting potion will cost 64% less than a typical custom Cure Disease potion.