Gwilin: "On your way up the 7,000 Steps again, Klimmek?"
Klimmek: "Not today. I'm just not ready to make the climb to High Hrothgar. The path isn't safe."
Gwilin: "Aren't the Greybeards expecting some supplies?"
Klimmek: "Honestly, I'm not certain. I've yet to be allowed into the monastery. Perhaps one day."
Apparently Klimmek makes a trip every few weeks up the 7,000 steps to High Hrothgar to deliver supplies to the Greybeards, though he has never actually seen them in person. Alas, he is now an old and feeble man and he just doesn't have the strength to make the trip. You can choose to help him, with the promise of a reward. He will give you a bag of supplies and ask you to place them in a chest outside the High Hrothgar monastery.
Deliver the GoodsEdit
If you have already discovered High Hrothgar, you may simply travel there. If not, you must climb the 7,000 steps leading out of Ivarstead and up the mountainside, encountering some wolves along the way. Once at the top of the 7,000 steps, you will see the monastery with a chest located in the center of a pair of stairwells that lead up to the building itself. Now just open the chest and place the supplies inside. Klimmek's supplies are found in the Misc section of the inventory.
There and Back AgainEdit
Once you have placed the supplies in the chest, return to Klimmek, who will compensate you for your leg work. He will give you a level-dependent amount of gold as a reward.
- Klimmek's supplies will remain in the chest indefinitely. They can be taken at anytime and returned at anytime, however doing so will not grant you any further reward.
- Klimmek's supplies are always persistent; placing them in a corpse keeps it from despawning.
- If you drop Klimmek's supplies after completing the quest, they will hover in the air and can be used as a platform of sorts.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.5 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
|Climb the Steps (FreeformIvarstead04)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Bring the supplies to High Hrothgar
Objective 20: Return to Klimmek
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 250.