Court Wizards are the jarls' personal mages who research and study magic. They can usually be found in the jarl's palace or longhouse. They sell a variety of spells from all of the schools of magic, and other items that are of use to mages, including soul gems and scrolls. Their selection of available spells and magical items are bested only by the mages at the College of Winterhold.
In court politics they are the equals of housecarls, except on magical matters, but less important than stewards. They are usually left alone by their jarl due to the Nords' suspiciousness and distrust of all things magical. They are also the only members of court that do not have to relocate if their hold changes sides in the civil war.
 Court Wizards of Skyrim
The following people are court wizards:
- The jarls of Falkreath do not employ court wizards. The reason for this is unclear.
- Though it is suggested that Falion is Morthal's new court wizard, he is simply an ordinary wizard trying to make a living within his shop.
- The jarls of Winterhold do not employ court wizards. This is likely due to the close proximity of the College of Winterhold.
- Aicantar, Melaran, and Dravynea the Stoneweaver all belong to the court wizard faction. They are all replacements, but Calcelmo and Wuunferth are essential, preventing Aicantar and Dravynea from being needed. Melaran replaces Sybille in the event of her death.
- Depending on the choices you make during Blood on the Ice, Wuunferth the Unliving may become unavailable for bartering with.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|