Darkshade is a small copse located just off of the base of the White River waterfall east of Valtheim Towers. It is home to trolls and is littered with human remains.
It appears to have been either a bandit lair or a mining cave before being attacked by the trolls who now inhabit the cave. The cave and its surrounding have a low concentration of gold ore veins. Darkshade is easily spotted due to the collapsed platform outside of it. Bodies can be found lying at the entrance.
The interior of Darkshade is a well-lit cave with three large subsections and one small sub-room. There is an easily missed knapsack in the first room on a table half buried diagonally in the ground with some gold, jewelry and food. It is overrun with flora, but not much is harvestable. Bones, lootable corpses, and viscera litter the interior of the cave. Trolls are located through out each of the three main sub-sections, but are spread out enough to be handled individually. There are two easily missed potions off of the large second section. A small troll den overlooks the eastern side of the room and a small path leads to the third section on the western side. Finally the last room leads to a ledge which drops you back into the first room for a quick exit.
 Related Quests
 Notable Loot
- A copy of the Heavy Armor skill book Orsinium and the Orcs is located in the second room on the ground near the water and the basket with the horker meat.
- One boss chest located in the third and final area.
- There is an additional side room containing a chest, located on the east side of the second room. Access is via a ramp located on the far side of the water in the second room.
- One can be found at the exterior, just east of the entrance.
- One is located between the first two rooms.
- One lies near the water in the second room by the bed roll, underneath an overhanging rock.
- It may not be possible to interact with one of the veins. ?