This article lists all of the new creatures introduced by the Dawnguard add-on. 46 creatures are added by the add-on, but many are simply variants of creatures already present in the original version of the game. 5 new creatures can become followers.
New Creature TypesEdit
- Ancestor Moth — New passive creature which can be caught to yield Ancestor Moth Wings.
- Frost Giant — Found in the Forgotten Vale. Each one possesses a jewel paragon.
- Gargoyle — New creatures which guard the undead. Can be summoned to fight for the player.
- Shellbug — New creatures which yield chitin when "mined" by a pickaxe.
New Named CreaturesEdit
- Arvak — A skeletal horse which can be summoned as a mount after completing the related quest.
- Bran — An armored husky in Fort Dawnguard, available as a follower by members of the Dawnguard.
- CuSith — A death hound in Volkihar Keep, available as a follower to those siding with the vampires during the add-on's main questline.
- Durnehviir — A dragon that inhabits the Soul Cairn, he can teach the words of the Soul Tear shout.
- The Forgemaster — A powerful Dwarven Automaton guarding the Aetherium Forge.
- Garmr — A death hound in Volkihar Keep, available as a follower to those siding with the vampires during the add-on's main questline.
- Naaslaarum — The twin dragon of Voslaarum. Guards a word wall for the Drain Vitality shout in the Forgotten Vale.
- Reaper — The shadowy figure of an executioner with burning red eyes. Found in the Soul Cairn.
- Sceolang — An armored husky in Fort Dawnguard, available as a follower by members of the Dawnguard.
- Voslaarum — The twin dragon of Naaslaarum. Guards a word wall for the Drain Vitality shout in the Forgotten Vale.
New Creature VariantsEdit
- Death Hound — Dog variant. Often found accompanying vampires.
- Husky — Dog variant.
- Vale Deer — Deer variant. Found in the Forgotten Vale.
- Vale Sabre Cat — Sabre Cat variant. Found in the Forgotten Vale.
- Broken Dwarven Sphere — Dwarven Sphere variant.
- Broken Dwarven Spider — Dwarven Spider variant.
- Warped Dwarven Sphere — Dwarven Sphere variant.
- Warped Dwarven Spider — Dwarven Spider variant.
- Chaurus Variants
- Dragon Variants
- Falmer Variants
- Troll Variants
- Bone Hawk — Hawk variant. Found flying around Castle Volkihar.
- Whispering Spirit — Found flying around the Soul Cairn.
- Load Dummy — Has the same race as the Vampire Lord version of Lord Harkon in game-data (may be used for his voice in that form). Cannot be reached in normal gameplay, PC players can use
tclcommand in console to find it in a tiny room far beneath the main hall of Volkihar Keep.
- Mist Man — Skeleton variant, similar to the in-game Mistman. Doesn't exist and isn't used in game, but existing game-data suggests it was meant to be summonable.
- Although there are no new Werewolf types added by the add-on, the game data for race files has been updated for werewolf variants, along with some loot and outfit changes. In addition, werewolves can now be encountered in the wild and along roads, instead of just in Silver Hand bases. [verification needed]
- A second Wounded Frostbite Spider can be found in Dimhollow Crypt, previously a unique creature in the original version of the game.