24 new places have been added by the Dawnguard plug-in, though none appear on the map immediately after installation. Some places may not be entered until the related quests have been started, and many new quests will send the player to places that already existed in the original version of the game.
- The Aetherium Forge — A large forge guarded by Dwarven Automatons.
- Ancestor Glade
- Arkngthamz — A Dwarven ruin located southeast of Dushnikh Yal.
- Castle Volkihar — A large fortress on an island far west of Solitude, north-northwest of Northwatch Keep.
- Darkfall Cave — A cave located just southwest of the Orc stronghold Mor Khazgur.
- Dayspring Canyon — The wilderness area surrounding Fort Dawnguard.
- Dimhollow Crypt — A large cave southwest of Dawnstar where Serana is trapped. Contains a word wall which teaches part of the Drain Vitality shout.
- Forebears' Holdout — A small cavern located southeast of Dragon Bridge.
- Forgotten Vale — An isolated region of Skyrim once used by the Snow Elves to worship the God Auri-El. Contains a word wall which teaches part of the Drain Vitality shout.
- Darkfall Grotto — A small cave found in the Forgotten Vale that is dominated by a roaring underground river.
- Forgotten Vale Cave — A cave located within the Forgotten Vale, and the location of one of the rare Shellbugs.
- Forgotten Vale Forest — A small forest accessed via the Paragon Portal in the Forgotten Vale using the Ruby Paragon.
- Glacial Crevice — An immense icy cavern located within the Forgotten Vale.
- Inner Sanctum — A relatively well-preserved portion of the Chantry of Auri-El located within the Forgotten Vale.
- Sharpslope Cave — A cave located within the Forgotten Vale and is the location of one of the rare shellbugs.
- Icewater Jetty — A small, isolated dock far west of Solitude, near Northwatch Keep.
- Moldering Ruins — A small cave overrun with vampires.
- Redwater Den — A drug den supplying Redwater skooma, located west of Autumnshade Clearing.
- Ruunvald — A cave located east-southeast of Shor's Watchtower.
- Soul Cairn — A plane of Oblivion haunted by lost souls, added by the Dawnguard plug-in.
- Several leveled lists for creatures have been modified with the plug-in, so it is possible to encounter new creatures in many places which existed in the original version of the game.
- The following changes are also made to these specific places which exist in the original game:
- Arcwind Point has an added word wall which teaches part of the Drain Vitality shout.
- The Ruins of Bthalft area allows access to the Aetherium Forge with use of the four Aetherium Shards found during Lost to the Ages.
- The Hall of the Vigilant is destroyed if you are above level 10. (Otherwise it is destroyed upon completion of the Dawnguard quest.)
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|