|Dawnstar in The Pale hold
|DawnstarExterior01, Dawnstar02Exterior, Dawnstar03Exterior, DawnstarExterior04, DawnstarExterior05, DawnstarExterior06, DawnstarExterior07, DawnstarExterior08|
Dawnstar is a city on the northern coast of Skyrim, and the capital of the Pale.
It is a fishing and mining settlement which is initially controlled by the Stormcloaks.
The residents will report having horrible nightmares, which some initially blame on a witch's curse. It is frequently attacked by dragons.
For historical information about Dawnstar, see the lore article.
Quests Starting Here
- Waking Nightmare: Relieve the people of Dawnstar from Vaermina's curse.
- Pieces of the Past: Retrieve the scattered pieces of Mehrunes' Razor and reforge this deadly blade.
|Quest Giver||Giver Location||Quest||Objective(s)||Requirement|
|Beitild||Beitild's House||Mine Ore: Get paid to mine ore. (radiant)|
|Brina Merilis||Brina's House||Thane of the Pale: Gain the title of Thane of the Pale. (radiant)||
|Captain Wayfinder||Dawnstar||Salty Sea-Dogs: Find some void salts for an inexperienced sea captain. (radiant)||
|Frida||The Mortar and Pestle||Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a cave. (radiant)||
|Karl||Iron-Breaker Mine||Quest all Drunks Have: Make a drunk dance for joy. (radiant)|
|Leigelf||Leigelf's House||Mine Ore: Get paid to mine ore. (radiant)|
|Rustleif||Rustleif's House||Rare Gifts: Do a favor by finding a rare item. (radiant)||
|Skald||The White Hall||Thane of the Pale: Gain the title of Thane of the Pale. (radiant)||
Player Owned House
- The Quicksilver Mine is located just to the left of Fruki's House (when facing it), in the upper left hand corner of town.
- The Iron-Breaker Mine is located to the left of The White Hall (when facing it) at the far end of town.
- A blacksmith's Forge and Hide Tanner are at Rustleif's house in the northwest, by the water.
- Ahkari's hidden merchant chest is located in Dawnstar and is accessible due to a bug. See Ahkari's page for details.
- A tent can be found northeast of town, past the hill on which the lighthouse is situated. Inside, someone has set up a lovers' retreat, complete with two (unowned) bedrolls, a few articles of clothing, wine, flowers, and an amulet of Mara.