|Dawnstar in The Pale hold
|DawnstarExterior01, Dawnstar02Exterior, Dawnstar03Exterior, DawnstarExterior04, DawnstarExterior05, DawnstarExterior06, DawnstarExterior07, DawnstarExterior08|
Dawnstar is a small fishing and mining settlement on the northern coast of Skyrim, and the capital of the Pale.
It is initially controlled by the Stormcloaks.
The residents will report having horrible nightmares, which some initially blame on a witch's curse. It is frequently attacked by dragons.
For historical information about Dawnstar, see the lore article.
 Quests Starting Here
- Waking Nightmare: Relieve the people of Dawnstar from Vaermina's curse.
- Pieces of the Past: Retrieve the scattered pieces of Mehrunes' Razor and reforge this deadly blade.
|Quest Giver||Giver Location||Quest||Objective(s)||Requirement|
|Beitild||Beitild's House||Mine Ore: Get paid to mine ore. (radiant)|
|Brina Merilis||Brina's House||Thane of the Pale: Become Thane of the Pale. (radiant)||
|Captain Wayfinder||Dawnstar||Salty Sea-Dogs: Find some void salts for an inexperienced sea captain. (radiant)||
|Frida||The Mortar and Pestle||Dungeon Delving: Do a favor by retrieving an item from a cave. (radiant)||
|Karl||Iron-Breaker Mine||Quest all Drunks Have: Make a drunk dance for joy. (radiant)|
|Leigelf||Leigelf's House||Mine Ore: Get paid to mine ore. (radiant)|
|Rustleif||Rustleif's House||Rare Gifts: Do a favor by finding a rare item. (radiant)||
|Skald||The White Hall||Thane of the Pale: Become Thane of the Pale. (radiant)||
 Player Owned House
- The Quicksilver Mine is located just to the left of Fruki's House (when facing it), in the upper left hand corner of town.
- The Iron-Breaker Mine is located to the left of The White Hall (when facing it) at the far end of town.
- A blacksmith's Forge and Hide Tanner are at Rustleif's house in the northwest, by the water.
- Ahkari's hidden merchant chest is located in Dawnstar and is accessible due to a bug. See Ahkari's page for details.
- A tent can be found northeast of town, past the hill on which the lighthouse is situated. Inside, someone has set up a lovers' retreat, complete with two (unowned) bedrolls, wine, flowers, and an amulet of Mara.
- When a resident of Dawnstar dies, a Red Mountain Flower appears on the front stairs of The White Hall.