The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.|
|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|Sanctuary Guardian, Udefrykte|
|Fire and Darkness
The Marksmanship Lesson
|Console Location Code(s)|
|North of Dawnstar, on the shore of the Sea of Ghosts|
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
It was one of the first Dark Brotherhood sanctuaries in Skyrim, but it has been abandoned for nearly a hundred years.
- The Cure for Madness: Confront the traitor among the Dark Brotherhood.
- The Dark Brotherhood Forever: Yet another child has prayed to their mother.
- Hail Sithis!: One of the biggest contracts in Brotherhood history is yours to fulfill.
- Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head...: Restore the Dark Brotherhood's sanctuary.
- Take the Hidden Treasure: Torture the Brotherhood's prisoners for treasure.
- You are unable to enter the sanctuary without reading Cicero's Journal first. If you activate the black door, you will be given three dialogue options to try, but none of them are correct.
- Once you have completed Hail Sithis!, speaking to Thoring at the Windpeak inn and asking about rumors will prompt him to comment: "Did you hear? People have been seen coming in and out of the Black Door. Divines have mercy."
- The shrouded robes on the shelf and the cowl, gloves and boots are wearable and not to be confused with the worn items that are bugged.
- At the Black Door, the correct phrase sometimes will not appear in the options even after reading Cicero's journal. Loading a previous save should fix this.
- In the master bedroom area of the Sanctuary, jumping onto the corner between the platform and central stairs can cause you to fall through the floor and fall into the ice caves blocked off after the Sanctuary is reclaimed. You can escape this area by walking the way you need to go for The Cure for Madness.
- The large weapons rack in the main hall below the bridge cannot be used to store player weapons.
- The un-equippable Worn Shrouded Cowl, Gloves and Boots that appear in the master bedroom will not appear in your inventory after you pick them up, leaving you permanently stuck with 6 useless carry units
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The un-equippable Worn Shrouded Cowl may be missing from the room.
- Dark Brotherhood members do not sleep due to not having proper sleep schedules.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.0.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.