Skyrim:Destruction Ritual Spell
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Faralda, who will give you a book.
- Visit Windward Ruins, activate the pedestal and cast a fire spell on it.
- Visit North Skybound Watch, same as before, but casting a frost spell.
- Visit Four Skull Lookout, same as before, but casting a shock spell.
- Learn the spell contained within the book.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Once your Destruction skill reaches 100, a new conversation option ("What else is there to be learned about Destruction magic?") opens up with Faralda, the Destruction trainer at the College of Winterhold. Selecting this option will result in Faralda giving you a book, Power of the Elements. The incomplete book contains only a clue in the form of a poem:
Northward, haunted northern coastline
And south, Dwemer live and toil,
A simple place, a shield from draft.
At this stand wield mage's craft
So fierce the sea will boil.
This clue points to Windward Ruins, a small barrow just outside Dawnstar. Inside the barrow is a pedestal upon which you can place the book. Once you have done so, cast any fire spell at the book. A small explosion will occur. Pick up the book again, and you will notice it has acquired a new page:
Under Greybeards' morning shadow
At this northern watch, long lost
Nirn's hoary Throat does scrape the sky.
Here unleash a chilling cry
And gild this stand with frost.
The second pedestal is found at North Skybound Watch, another barrow on the southwestern slope of the Throat of the World, not far northeast of the starting town of Helgen. It is easiest to get there from Orphan Rock, as it is within sight of the fast travel point. The pedestal is on a stone lookout post. This time, cast any frost spell at the book to receive the next clue:
Over western river waters,
By Karth bounded, south and north
On mountains sits a humble crown.
Sky's wrath on this stand bring forth
To shake these snowcaps down.
This final clue points to Four Skull Lookout, another small barrow near Karthwasten and north of Karthspire in The Reach (east and slightly north of Markarth - directly East across the gorge from The Lover Stone). The pedestal is on the other side of the stone building. Casting any lightning spell at the book completes it.
Pick up the book and read it to complete the quest.
- Reading the completed book grants you the Fire Storm spell.
- Once you have completed this quest, Faralda will sell spell tomes for the other two Master-level Destruction spells (Lightning Storm and Blizzard).
- Version 1.2.6 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch changes the Destruction skill level requirement to 90 to be consistent with the other ritual spells.
- There is a known bug in the lightning spell part of the quest where the book will not appear after casting a lightning spell and activating the pedestal.
- To fix any bugs, cast the lowest available spell at the book, especially for lightning (Sparks).
- The order of events may be important. Following the Detailed Walkthrough exactly has been reported to work.[verification needed — Does it always work?]
- The completed quest journal entry may not appear as the latest finished quest but will be in order the moment you receive the book from Faralda.
 Quest Stages
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|