Dremora are humanoid Daedra aligned with the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon, often very intelligent, and generally hostile. In lore, it is said they can be found in clans of large numbers in the wastes of Oblivion. Dremora are grouped into several different castes: Churl, Caitiff, Kynval, Kynreeve, Kynmarcher, Markynaz, and Valkynaz. Dremora are a rare sight in Skyrim, only appearing as summoned creatures and in a few set locations, such as the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, Shalidor's Maze, and Azura's Star Interior.
The other way to encounter Dremora in Skyrim is by summoning one. There are a few ways to summon Dremora:
- The Sanguine Rose, a reward from the quest A Night To Remember, will summon a leveled melee fighter Dremora for 60 seconds
- The Conjuration spell Conjure Dremora Lord will summon a Dremora Lord for 60 seconds
- The Atronach Forge can be used to summon hostile Dremora
- The Conjuration Ritual Spell quest involves summoning an Unbound Dremora; this Dremora cannot be summoned anywhere other than the roof of the Hall of Attainment.
- The Wabbajack has a chance to turn the target into a Dremora.
There are three types of Dremora, based on their preferred fighting style (melee fighters, archers, and warlocks). All Dremora are NPCs, which means that they have black souls. All types of Dremora have a 100% chance of dropping a Daedra Heart on death, making them one of the few guaranteed sources of this rare ingredient.
|In combat||After defeating an enemy||After spotting an enemy||After losing sight of an enemy|
- Game data reveals that a part of the Dremora is copied from the Dark Elf.
- The Daedric Prince Sanguine appears in the form of a Dremora.
- Several NPCs are classified in the game data as Dremora.
- Strangely, some Dremora, either through natural spawning or use of the console, do not use the regular Dremora voice type, but instead sound like male Nords.
For more information on Dremora in the Elder Scrolls universe, see the lore article.
- Dremora ButlerDB — A Dremora ally that can be summoned to carry items for you
- Dremora MerchantDB — A Dremora trader that can be summoned at will
- Unbound Dremora — A unique Dremora summoned during the Conjuration Ritual Spell quest
- Velehk Sain — A Dremora pirate trapped in the Planes of Oblivion
- Darkest Darkness — A description of various Daedra
- Spirit of the Daedra — A look into the Daedric mindset
- There Be Dragons by Torhal Bjorik — A report on the nature of dragons
- A Tragedy in Black — A folk tale from the time of the Oblivion Crisis
- Varieties of Daedra by Aranea Drethan, Healer and Dissident Priest — An analysis of Daedra forms, focusing primarily on the Dremora