Skyrim:Elisif the Fair
|Elisif the Fair
|Primary Skills||Smithing, Alchemy, Enchanting, Light Armor, One-handed, Speech, Two-handed|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionHaafingar; Favor252QuestGiverFaction; MQ201PartyGuestHappy; NPCs the Player cannot marry; SolitudeBluePalaceFaction; TownSolitudeFaction; faction for party guests|
Elisif the Fair is the Jarl of Solitude. She is the widow of High King Torygg, and rumors abound that she may take the reins of power in Skyrim herself. Elisif does not believe the time is quite right yet to formally declare her intentions, but does believe that becoming High Queen of Skyrim is her rightful place. She has misgivings about entrusting the war effort to General Tullius, but doesn't see any other option. She is popular amongst her people, although some of her supporters have concerns about her age and inexperience. Because of her inexperience, she can be quite overzealous in her desire to protect her people, with little regard for public resources. For example, when the player first enters the Blue Palace, she can be seen promising a concerned citizen that she will send an entire detachment of soldiers to inspect a cave from which "strange noises" were reportedly coming. Her court advised her to instead send only one or two scouts, and to preserve their resources until they knew exactly what they were up against.
If the player finishes the Skyrim Civil War in favor of the Stormcloaks, she will pledge her allegiance to Ulfric Stormcloak. Likewise, if the Civil War line is completed in favor of the Imperials, she will devote herself to the Empire.
 Related Quests
- Diplomatic Immunity: Infiltrate a party at the Thalmor Embassy.
- Elisif's Tribute: Take Torygg's war horn to the Shrine of Talos.
- Fit for a Jarl: Model some clothes for Elisif the Fair.
- Season Unending: Enforce a ceasefire to secure Dragonsreach.
- Tending the Flames: Unveil the truth about a deceitful King and become a member of the Bards College.
- Thane of Haafingar: Gain the title of Thane of Haafingar. (radiant)
Elisif may discuss public resources with her court:
Jarl Elisif the Fair: "Steward Falk, I have a task for you."
Jarl Elisif the Fair: "I want to begin stockpiling food and water in the event we come under siege, and I would like you to oversee this work personally."
Falk Firebeard: "A wise course of action, my Jarl. However, we have little food or water to spare."
Erikur: "General Tullius will never allow that. He's ordered all surplus food to be given over for the war effort."
Falk Firebeard: "General Tullius does not run this city, Thane Erikur. Or have you forgotten your oaths of fealty?"
Erikur: "My apologies, Jarl Elisif. I was thinking only of the importance of the war effort."
Jarl Elisif the Fair: "There's no need for an apology, and you're right about the war."
Jarl Elisif the Fair: "Perhaps this is a matter best discussed with the general in person."
Falk Firebeard: "I will make the arrangements, my Jarl."
- Elisif is the only Jarl in Skyrim who cannot be replaced through the Civil War quests, regardless of your decisions.
- Jarl Elisif was originally Lady Elisif, and intended to be the target of a murder ordered by Boethiah, called Boethiah's Bidding, following the quest Boethiah's Calling. The quest itself was not implemented in the final game, but the data can still be found in the game files. Unused dialogue indicates that Erikur would have taken her place as Jarl of Solitude.
- During the quest Bound Until Death, Jarl Elisif will not be in the Blue Palace as she is at the wedding.
- Elisif also leaves the Blue Palace to attend the Burning of King Olaf festival.
- Elisif is among the Imperial delegation during the peace council at High Hrothgar.
- Elisif is the only Jarl that does not slouch in her chair while holding court.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|