|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Follow Falion to his destination at 1 am.
- Ask Falion what he is doing at the summoning circle.
- Report Falion to the Jarl of Morthal
 Detailed Walkthrough
If you inquire around Morthal about the wizard in town, you are told that he seems to be up to something; specifically, that he goes out into the marsh in the middle of the night to cast spells. If you wait near his house until 1 am, you can follow him to the marshes to what appears to be a summoning circle (presumably related to Falion's specialty, Conjuration). Upon confronting him, he will demand that you leave him to his "work" and never speak to anyone about what you observed that night, although he won't reveal precisely what his work is. However, in a conversation with Agni, she will say that she had a "bad dream" in which Falion went away and made "monsters" while she slept, which he dismisses as only a dream. You can agree to keep quiet, or blackmail him for 200 gold. Regardless of your choice, you may then report him to the jarl if you so desire.
- Despite the warning, Falion will continue to visit the summoning circle each night as usual, and the jarl will remain oblivious to his continued behavior.
- The scene may not play, and the jarl will instead permanently follow Falion without interacting with him.
 Quest Stages
|Falion's Secret (FreeformMorthalA)
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 5, 10, 20, 30.